Random rants about aspects of game Balance and democracy

• In addition you have the option to not use anything you consider overpowered or for any other reason unusable.

In that case, why are you still here discussing this?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

the Recipe of the GT Extruder

Then you would have something to complain about. Much complaining. Did you expect people to actually use it with that recipe?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It's about half a bucket of lava per ingot formed. And it takes ages to complete.

Lava was nerfed in the experimental version. Double the value in the config. setting if you want to keep it that bad...

However, clinging to old play-styles is usually something that is frowned upon in these forums. Adapt or Die...

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

The metal former is really fast

What is it? Like 6 seconds per ingot formed? That's 48 seconds if I want to make a new machine block, or about 6 1/2 minutes for a stack of iron. Double that time if you need the double-folded plates. You're one of these people who consider continental drift to be "damn fast shit" right?

Adapt or Die

I am not going to die from bad changes to the mod, but the mod will.

I am not going to die from bad changes to the mod, but the mod will.

No, it won't. There is no "need" for people to play this mod, only for people to maintain it. Mods "die" when people stop doing updates, not when they stop being "popular".

Such a notion is a flawed concept from modpack creators in order to ensure players use their packs on servers and thru their sponsored launchers. To them, mods are a (foolish) business exercise, not some minor addition to a video game. If they don't have players picking up their packs, then they lose in on the revenue. So of course they are going to attack the mod authors for creating mechanics that players 'don't like'.

So don't delude yourself with the notion that your opinion will help determine if IC2 "lives" or "dies". Unless you are like Player or Greg and are actively updating the code to IC2, then you have no power in determining its longevity. Besides, if you are that disgruntled with the changes, then you always have the option to exchange this mod with something else that bears similar functionality to it...

• Wait, so the MINUTES you would need to smelt Iron into refined Iron for Machine Blocks, which were needed before, are irrelevant to you?

Because when you overclock a Electric Furnace, it doesn't ramp up the EU cost nearly as high as the Metal Former does. Plus, people circumvented this with the Induction Furnace anyway, so it wasn't a "big deal" as Iron Plates are now. (Basically, they are bitching about mechanics that they can't "cheese" around anymore, lol)...

• Official Post

I think people don't get that they are not supposed to stare their machines do their work, but automate them just a bit so you can order it to do a big work, while you go mine, chop trees, look for fuel or anything.
    The best is when you always have some plates already formed, circuits made, wires cut, so you can easily craft your machines on the go.
    The idea is to make people think ahead, planning which resources are going to be required in the future and prepare for it.

• There is no "need" for people to play this mod, only for people to maintain it. Mods "die" when people stop doing updates, not when they stop being "popular".

If mods are less popular, people are less interested in maintaining them, so there is a relation. And if I have a look at the "frequent" updates, and that IC2 is still stuck at MC 1.5, and that Alblaka has gone missing... it doesn't look very alive to me.

Wait, so the MINUTES you would need to smelt Iron into refined Iron for Machine Blocks, which were needed before, are irrelevant to you?

The difference is that for once I could just use other ways of smelting (like my own advanced furnace mod), or I could just quickly build like 8 furnaces to speed things up, because the material cost for a stone furnace is basically non-existent. I could theoretically build several metal formers, but the cost for one is not minor, I need to wire them, and they still drain ridiculous amounts of energy to work. If I had 4 metal formers, I'd be busy running back and forth fetching lava.

I think people don't get that they are not supposed to stare their machines do their work, but automate them just a bit so you can order it to do a big work

I'd love to, but for that I need resources, so in the beginning I just have to stare at them, waiting for them to complete. Especially if I have no chunk loader mod installed. You could even say that without other mods, IC2 in the experimental form is forcing you to stare at machines till they are done.

The idea is to make people think ahead, planning which resources are going to be required in the future and prepare for it.

Beside that I don't really want to do excel spreadsheets to play a game, I don't even know what the resource costs are, because the CraftGuide support is still messed up.

• I'd love to, but for that I need resources, so in the beginning I just have to stare at them, waiting for them to complete. Especially if I have no chunk loader mod installed. You could even say that without other mods, IC2 in the experimental form is forcing you to stare at machines till they are done.

This part I strongly disagree with. Are 2 hoppers and 2 chests that expensive? It's just 10 pieces of iron, which is easy to get.

And if you need resources, why don't you go mine while waiting for your Metal Former and other machinery?

• Official Post

And if you need resources, why don't you go mine while waiting for your Metal Former and other machinery?

Inb4 he also complains about that only being possible with Chunkloaders: You don't need Chunkloaders to go Mining, while having your Workshop running. Just mine where you live, or live where you mine.

• Are 2 hoppers and 2 chests that expensive?

2 hoppers won't do it. I can automate the metal former with it, but then I first need to have >64 iron so that automating even makes sense. And I need to have an idea what to actually craft for the future setup. And I need a form of power generation that is capable of forming more than 2 iron ingots. If I have all that, then yes: 2 hoppers are definitely affordable.

You don't need Chunkloaders to go Mining, while having your Workshop running. Just mine where you live, or live where you mine.

You assume that everyone is digging down and does strip mining, but some people just enjoy following caves. And your house is very fast out of chunk range if you do follow a cave or a mine-shaft. And then I do build my house in places that I like visually, and not where it happens to be most efficient.

Not everyone is playing/enjoying the game exactly as you do, and that should be taken into account when designing this mod.

• Inb4 he also complains about that only being possible with Chunkloaders: You don't need Chunkloaders to go Mining, while having your Workshop running. Just mine where you live, or live where you mine.

I don't think mining is a good idea to do while stuff is getting processed anyway. Mining either takes too long or is not efficent enough. But one could chop trees instead. Or do some quick farming. Or rage at casual updatz cuz they r suck

• Official Post

If mods are less popular, people are less interested in maintaining them, so there is a relation. And if I have a look at the "frequent" updates, and that IC2 is still stuck at MC 1.5, and that Alblaka has gone missing... it doesn't look very alive to me.

IC2 never got stuck at 1.5, where did you find that? Alblaka has been gone for quite a while now

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.