Bronze armor needs rebalance

• Bronze items are like iron, only more durable.

Except bronze armor, which is incredibly OP, having the protection of diamond.

And why is it OP? Because, bronze is relatively* cheap, , and while diamond armor last a lot more, very few can afford to spend 24 diamonds to make armor, even if they have significantly more than that, so naturally bronze armor is much earlier game item.

And for those saying that it's a small upgrade from iron armor, iron armor has 60% protection, while diamond one has 80% protection- that halves the damage you receive, for a material that even in the most intensive game environment requires at most 1.5 copper, 0.5 tin, and a macerator set up to make (which is a point long before most have even 5-8 diamonds, much less 24 spare diamonds).

Of course, going back from the first sentence, the suggestion here is to make bronze armor similar to the tools- iron level, but more durable.

*if you take other mods to account, it's even more absurdly cheap, but since here if it's not The Holy GT version of Balance (registered trademark of Gregorius intergalactics) it's WRONG!!! so i won't even go on how it messes up the balance in a mod-environment with other common-to-very-well-regarded mods (including basically any mod that adds either bronze or dusts) .

• That used to be the case, but no more. A full set of nano armor costs 32 diamonds now, if you factor in the MFE required to charge it.

Whereas bronze, you can have before you even mine one diamond.

• Official Post

Buff Diamond armour then

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Buff Diamond armour then

I think that's the best solution. Considering that all non-electric armors can be enchanted, have Bronze take a lower-than-Iron level of enchantability to balance out the durability buff. That way, if you actually have diamonds to use for Nano, or simply want to use non-rechargeable gear of an excellent quality, you'd use Diamond Armor with high level enchants (or Thaumium Armor, if you are using that mod) instead of blowing thru your Cu and Sn reserves...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• you do know that 80% damage defense makes the overworld mobs almost a petty annoyance? PVE balance is hardly IC2's strong point and it's silly to demand fundamental changes that impact every other mod just to accommodate a tier of metal, which is not even it's own ore but a combination of two other very useful metals.

• you do know that 80% damage defense makes the overworld mobs almost a petty annoyance? PVE balance is hardly IC2's strong point and it's silly to demand fundamental changes that impact every other mod just to accommodate a tier of metal, which is not even it's own ore but a combination of two other very useful metals.

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• He isn't, or if he is, he still has a point.

Seriously, even steel armor isn't as good as bronze, and is supposed to be a tier above it. Why not just nerf bronze to be an iron-equivalent 60% but with more durability? Instead of messing with the diamond armor, which as stated will mess with other mod's balance.

Not to mention that even with iron-level armor, overworld enemies are a joke...

• Official Post

Plot twist: Player makes bronze output 1 ingot instead of 4 :3

• I can't even count how many times my shiny, new bronze armor has fallen apart only halfway through a single mining session. It is nowhere near OP, and can actually be dangerous, when it runs out and a player still thinks they are equipped with it, running out into the open and being slaughtered by the countless monsters.
    If Bronze is OP, then Macerators are OP, then the other machines, then batteries, then energy-storage blocks, then tools, then just about everything, and before you know it, everything, even sticks and wood, would be nerfed to preserve balance. It is best to leave armour the way it is, else the mod could be turned into another Terra-Firma-Craft clone like GregTech.

• best solution to merge bronze armor and hazmat into HEV Suit that relatively costly to produce and provide exelent protection but for limited amount of time (like 60 hits or less, shared over suit soo boots wont break after first fall)

• All armor except horse armor has the possibility of running out- be it iron, diamond, or quantum- it's the insane protection bronze provides that is OP in comparison to iron. A "single mining session" can run down even diamonds in some cases, and can easily result in enough materials to remake the bronze armor dozen times over, not to mention that even in vanilla minecraft, you are expected to do this in iron armor. Also, the whole "if Bronze is OP the whole Machine and energy is OP" is quit ludicrous- Tech progression is balanced rather differently than regular tools.

I do like RawCode's suggestion- It would make the hazmat be a serious choice for armor in unique situations since it would last more than a second

• best solution to merge bronze armor and hazmat into HEV Suit that relatively costly to produce and provide exelent protection but for limited amount of time (like 60 hits or less, shared over suit soo boots wont break after first fall)

So you tell me a HEV-Suit is nothing more than a cheap Hazmatsuit and a bit of shiny ancient metal?

• I agree with the sentiment. Bronze shouldn't be a strong as diamond, not for how much more common its materials are. Combine this mod with buildcraft and you can make dozens of disposable bronze armor sets from one quarry excavation. Even the protection of the high-tier armor items here makes me feel a little like a cheater, but the excessive difficulty to acquire them makes me sleep better at night knowing I earned the shiny toys.