Where exactly do you people get your lapis?

• Your primary lapis source? 28

1. Other (Please specify) (11) 39%
    2. BC Quarries (6) 21%
    3. Extra Bees (2) 7%
    4. Twilight Forest Hollow Hills (2) 7%
    5. IC2 Miners/Adv. Miners (2) 7%
    6. Ars Magica 2 Maxed Excavation Spell (2) 7%
    7. Creative mode, NEI, /give, or Dupe Bugs such as in TiC (1) 4%
    8. MFR Mining Laser (1) 4%
    9. TC Arcane Bore with Silk Touch/Fortune (1) 4%
    10. I do not play GregTech and thus have no other use for lapis (0) 0%

I see way too many condensator-based designs that consume ridiculous amounts of lapis and have no idea where you people get it from; mind taking a moment of your time to answer the poll?

• Official Post

UU matter, power from the nuke that needs the lapis :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

1 lapis costs 2432 mB of UUM to make, which means over 4 million EU per lapis even WITH scrap. Unless your reactor generates billions of EU per cycle (which is not possible) this doesn't work.

Oh you mean with experimental IC2? I don't use condensers for the reason you just said :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• I fell like I am the only one using normal Mining. You can just take a Pickaxe or whatever replacement you prefer and get some good ol' ores to use.

• Official Post

No one sane uses condensors in survival mode anymore.

• Official Post

With "Other", do you mean like Dw20 asking someone for a bit of lapis, who aparrantly has several barrels full of them, or do you mean something like
    hmmm?

I fell like I am the only one using normal Mining. You can just take a Pickaxe or whatever replacement you prefer and get some good ol' ores to use.

Especially with Fortune picks, which earns you more than with a regular BC quarry and IC2 miner (unless you can use the iridium drill in there now).

• Official Post

Dw20 asking someone for a bit of lapis, who aparrantly has several barrels full of them

They got it from someone else who also had barrels of it. They got it off the first someone - it's an infinite cycle!

I see this too much.

• Ars Magica 2's Spells are too cool to not be used.
    I can get freakin 35 diamonds in 15 minutes!

• I stopped to play Minecraft a few months ago - didn't have time. I'm now trying to set up my family's favourite mod's for 1.6.4 and its frustrating as hell... X(

Anyway, as someone, who usually plays heavily modded Minecraft and, as a result, always have the resources badly balanced with the mods if I leave them on default setting, I simply love the Metallurgy mod. Out with every other mod's metals (except for things that don't exist in Metallurgy - I need to tell those guys they have to add Uranium ;) ). In with only Metallurgy-generated metals.

The nice thing is, you can tweak resources generating values for everything, vanilla too. I do that. Not to give us tones of diamonds, but to balance the world with the mods.

Would work for the lapis too :D

• Official Post

Really?
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…sagsoy8mo9zvbo8bvqx51ijis
    Which, even if outdated, is still possible, due to the availability of outdated versions of GregTech and IC2.

For one cycle, you need 29429.632 buckets of uu matter.
    Yeah, those types of designs are dead for sure now.

• never understood why people run a reactor to run a reactor instead of just building another reactor.

• I mine it by hand.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Redstone in motion with an mfr mining laser on it. I have it going through a mystcraft world. It is chunkloaded by chicken chunks. I also have a bunch of other mining lasers mining for diamond, redstone, iron, copper, tin and gold. It gets power from a huge power plant back at my base generating it from boilers and fission reactors (Not fusion fission from atomic science) also with some treadmill power thanks to my endless wolf supply.

• I thought you didn't need to move an MFR mining laser? Just plant it over bedrock and feed it energy to get ores to spawn from thin air.

Not thin air it actually pulls ores from the ground there's just a huge radius. I think it is 8 chunks every way. My setup moves every 1 real world hour (Because of diamond depletion)

It did random gen them at one point though. It might be a config thing that I changed when I was trying to make other mods harder as well.