A critical suggestion for the E-net in the IC2E (ver. 2)

• Why can't it be done like this? It is a very logical method/approach, and much better, than wires that are almost identical to fluid pipes, just transporting only one kind of fluid, which is named "EU"...

• My suggestion to the team regarding the e-net is simply:

"Just do it now."

I know Player has a good idea of where he wants to end up with it, and I do not understand why he doesn't make it the center focus of development. The e-net is such an important part of IC2 that having it fully featured is the biggest thing the Experimental branch needs. Not advanced miners or iridium drills or unreasonably expensive energium dust. We need the e-net. Everything else can come after it.

Of course, if the team is waiting for 1.7 because it's one of those features that require a full rewrite no matter what, then I can understand that. It's still not ideal, but it would be unreasonable to expect a futile effort.

• Official Post

I know Player has a good idea of where he wants to end up with it, and I do not understand why he doesn't make it the center focus of development. The e-net is such an important part of IC2 that having it fully featured is the biggest thing the Experimental branch needs. Not advanced miners or iridium drills or unreasonably expensive energium dust. We need the e-net. Everything else can come after it.

Well, Player doesn't add those Features, that is Thunderdark.

I would do the E-net, but Player would kill me if I change that one.

And Player does uhhm, nothing right now. Like nothing at all.

• Official Post

I would do the E-net, but Player would kill me if I change that one.

And Player does uhhm, nothing right now. Like nothing at all.

Are you sure Player isn't waiting for you to give in and change it so he can kill you?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by Chocohead: I can't spell ().

My suggestion to the team regarding the e-net is simply: "Just do it now."

Oh yes, that's such a highly motivating way to get them to institute changes to the mod...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• If you think that in an imaginary world, your idea is the only possible solution, you are wrong by definition.

Obviously, this isn't an imaginary world. This is the Minecraft "world".
    Besides, having just an imaginary world is pathetic/boring. Every pro imaginationist knows that having an entire universe is far better.

• BTT:

Why? I think it's best, or perhaps only solution.

Use search function to these topics.
    Main reason is performance.

• First of all : don't ask game to be like real life, guys. Ask of it to be fun! And it's fun quite a lot, since I am still playing it, instead of playing some multimilion blockbuster games. Now - on topic:

It would be fun and easy to implement, if they just adopted other's mods power solutions, like redflux or such - copper cable = bigger resistance than silver one, so it can carry smaller number of electric packets. If you want to power on your big machine, you need to connect it to the source which produces a lot EUs per tick, or it would drain the source too quick.. Also - connecting the wrong cable would prevent sufficient power flowing into machine (32EU cable simply can't provide enough for a certain machine block)

Anyways, I loved old EU system - electrocution, cable blowing up, etc... , I haven't been playing "vanilla" IC enough to be able to say what were the flaws on it's EU system...

Another thing I want to say - it seems that Gregorius is making a good progress on the mod lately, I barely see any player's or thunderdark's activity on the Jenkins page... Thanks for not abandoning this mod Greg, I hope others are busy testing their new EU routines on nuclear reactors, somewhere in the ice deserts of Arctic, so they could inject them into this great mod code, when they come back! :D And - if they went to Bahamas instead, forgeting about this mod and minecraft altogether - I hope Greg will carry on the duty of delivering the final version to us, hungry gamers :D

• They're already working on this...

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.