[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Official Post

Oh and if cactus floats your boat, forestry has a recipe for that. Wouldn't want to squeeze them with your bare hands, would you?

I tried suggesting a way to get that water from EU powered machines... I don't want to use forestry's squeezer. I dislike MJ powered stuff because they waste energy.

• I tried suggesting a way to get that water from EU powered machines... I don't want to use forestry's squeezer. I dislike MJ powered stuff because they waste energy.

I suggested to linus a bit back that he make a forestry addon with EU versions of everything.

• I tried suggesting a way to get that water from EU powered machines... I don't want to use forestry's squeezer. I dislike MJ powered stuff because they waste energy.

And I +1 your suggestion. (For those who don't read the GT thread, it's cactus + cell/bucket in a canning machine = water cell/bucket)

• Looking over the page with Google Translate, I assess that StarMiner for 1.7 will be a while in coming.

Google Translate doesn't convert Japanese excessive politeness and apologies to American, though, so I can't tell if the dev actually means that he is barely adequate to fix bugs and update for 1.7, or if he's just selling himself short and will provide amazing things when he gets enough time.

• We were planning on having 2000-4000 blocks of regular biomes before we installed any biome adding mod

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• +1 for gravity mod, although I don't know if my opinion counts.
    Also, I'm kind of against ProjectRed, it just ruins vanilla redstone and all of it's challenges. Rather than coming up for awesome designs for RS Nor latches or whatever, you just craft a block.

• +1 for gravity mod, although I don't know if my opinion counts.
    Also, I'm kind of against ProjectRed, it just ruins vanilla redstone and all of it's challenges. Rather than coming up for awesome designs for RS Nor latches or whatever, you just craft a block.

We only have the wires and the lights planned.

@Gravity mod, it looks fun and does not break anything (of course the trolling potential is falling under rule #1 :)). If it gets updated we can put it in. HOWEVER, do note that this will remain a manual modpack and I want to keep the count of mods managable.

I'm new and MIA but, if I remain white-listed and my opinion counts too:
    Please no biomes mod.....1.7 kinda sunk that ship.

We are only looking at biome mods that alter the terrain below the surface.

@Steam reactor
    That config is indeed not working as it IS enabled in the current kirara. Also if Linus will port the advanced reactors mod we will be using that as well.

• Official Post

I've voted pro-Thaumcraft. Why? Because of the following:

It is very scientific, and science even though being about magic is still science.
    Generating Matter using it is even more difficult than UUM, since you need a whole new contraption depending on the Output.
    The Contraptions you can build in Thaumcraft are very complex and fit very well to the aspect of making Factories.

Oh and I pinned this Thread to the top.

• I've voted pro-Thaumcraft. Why? Because of the following:

It is very scientific, and science even though being about magic is still science.
    Generating Matter using it is even more difficult than UUM, since you need a whole new contraption depending on the Output.
    The Contraptions you can build in Thaumcraft are very complex and fit very well to the aspect of making Factories.

Happy 8000 posts :P

This is the reason that I voted for thaumcraft too. Also, because I'd love some more compatibility between TC and GT.

• I've voted pro-Thaumcraft. Why? Because of the following:

@TC, looks like you broke the tie again ;)
    @Pinned, even more exposure! Thanks, now I really have to make a decent modpack.

• Official Post

I was planning to do it once it launched... well, thats fine.
    Btw, i have stickied kirara (1.6.4) quite some time ago.

Also, woohoo, Thaumcraft! I wonder if the new TC-GT compatibility will allow me to make another "Vis Reactor" .

+1 for starminer, i want to play around with gravity cores and entities transportation systems based on it :D (Gravitation slingshot to conserve energy).
    I just wonder if it is possible.

• I'll need some better form of alchemy before I change my vote.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• I've been looking for a hardmode Gregtech server that isn't full of mods that allow circumvention of the challenging parts, and this seems to fit the bill perfectly!

One question: will the world gen include any sort of oil/fuel? I rather like the GT distillation tower, and fuel in RC boilers gives a nice way to power large steam turbines without having to drain the nether.

• The gravity cores only affected player gravity in my test. Entities (including mobs) don't conform at this time. I presume that part is still WIP.

• Yeah Greg add oil worldgen! :P

Galacticraft oil gen was really nasty, let's not try it this time. Oilberries are fine for space exploration purposes, perhaps even for boilers with decent spamming. I kinda liked the BC worldgen with big oil deposits up for grabs. Seems like a lot of oil but GC actually placed more per chunk. No ideas on what to actually do though. I'd say leave oil gen off.

Welp, TC vote seems to be settled, shouldn't have called attention to the fact that it was going the other way at some point. :D

I guess it will be fun. Played with it a bit in that SSP skyblock challenge I'm wasting my time in lately. Not changing my vote but hey, if Greg says it's ok I'm in. :love:

By the way, infusion enchanting... what do we think about that? Book-only enchants seem pretty nasty if we're going to have TC. I'm all for nasty but I'm not even sure the TC enchants even generate as dungeon loot. Perhaps leave it as the only way to enchant? Kinda like the coke oven charcoal. What do you guys think?

Bought a headset, will be on mumble once we get going. :)