[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Healing requires either Potions or Golden Apples (or Tin Cans of Food XD), until you pull off a Beacon (preferrably at Spawn).

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• until you pull off a Beacon (preferrably at Spawn).

That's not a bad idea you know, if someone gets in trouble, he/she gets back to spawn to heal him/herself.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
    Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

• Healing requires either Potions or Golden Apples (or Tin Cans of Food XD), until you pull off a Beacon (preferrably at Spawn).

Yes but those ways are impractical for modded UHC, especially early on. Is it that hard to add a basic bandage Item, made with paper? Basic bandages would heal a heart over 10 seconds and you can use a bandage once every 30 seconds. More healing stuff to be added later on the tech tree.

I can easily live with nether potions (considering over 400 vanilla UHC matches I've played), I doubt that is the same for others though.

• Early game (ie. Still mining to get steam machines), potions are impractical. We really would need a cheaper way to heal a little, something like a bandage could work. And if you were really worried about balance, it might only be able to heal up to half health or something like that.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• If you add Pam's Harvestcraft, you can use juice to heal yourself in the early game. All juice requires is a fruit and a juicer, the juicer being made with 3 smoothstone. If I remember correctly, they heal a half-heart each.

If you do do so, I would also reccomend adding Hunger Overhaul.

Also, it's notable that hunger overhaul allows you to adjust how you regen health: For example, my personal favorite health regen setting is to allow healing above 3-4 hunger shanks, with major injuries healing EXTREMELY slowly (something like a few Minecraft days to heal completely) and minor ones taking less, something around one or half a Minecraft day.

• I still like the concept of healing through medical items instead of some magical food. (Thus no juice regen nor regen regardless of your food bar)
    We just need some basic herbs with healing properties and other stuff.

But i'm for hunger overhaul + HarvestCraft (the need for more food and increased variety of foods).

• Something I also discovered about adding Hunger Overhaul, which is kinda a bummer is that IC2 crops are not affected by the crop growth speed modifiers, so they can be used to bypass that and get a ridiculous amount of food in comparison, even without breeding the plants at all.

• I still like the concept of healing through medical items instead of some magical food. (Thus no juice regen nor regen regardless of your food bar)
    We just need some basic herbs with healing properties and other stuff.

I think its posible with with some flowers from vanilla.
    Use then with a morter, put the outcome (ground fiber) in a furnice to get the oil.
    And use the oil with 3 wool, 2 sticky resin and 3 paper to get 1-2 bandagen that get a heal over time effect after consume that heals 1-2 heart in 1-? min.

what do you guys think about?

• I think its posible with with some flowers from vanilla.
    Use then with a morter, put the outcome (ground fiber) in a furnice to get the oil.
    And use the oil with 3 wool, 2 sticky resin and 3 paper to get 1-2 bandagen that get a heal over time effect after consume that heals 1-2 heart in 1-? min.

what do you guys think about?

Sounds pretty good to me. We could ask Linus to add it to Unidye as well :)

CustomOreGen was updated to 1.7 over the weekend. PFAA will not be far behind. Expect it in the next few days.

Woop! That's a good sign :D

Sounds pretty good to me. We could ask Linus to add it to Unidye as well

It's worth a shot.

• Two things that they said were impossible. now they exist...

• But mixing coloured light :S Mind blown. Apart from no glowstone in the nether, that's not very good.

That shine joke too :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I have looked into the Render Code of MC, and Colored Light is actually very easy. The only Problem would be the Light itself as you would need additonal 8 Bits (to the already existing 4 Bits) to store the Light Value, not to mention Lighting Updates being 3 times as laggy then.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• 4 Bit Light Value, 4 Bit Skylight Value, up to 12 Bit Block IDs (that is kinda optimized), 4 Bit MetaData. That alone makes 24 Bit PER BLOCK, and you know how many Blocks are in the Minecraft World. 8 Bit for the Green and Blue Value (Red would be the original 4 Bit of Light Value) would increase Memory by 33% constantly making things unplayable on some Computers.

GregTech Website