[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Official Post

i'm not sure, i'll go check it out, though the crash report says not.

Code
    <CoFH Tweak>{1.7.10R1.0.1} [CoFH Tweak ASM] (minecraft.jar)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Also: Player, how about having a whole Forum Section dedicated to FastCraft instead of a Thread in Off-Topic?

What would it have in it past a releases thread (that would be rarely posted in and could be merged into the discussion thread), a using your mod in my modpack thread and a discussion/problems thread? Fastcraft doesn't really get that many varying posts/topics in the way Gregtech does.

I guess it could help in filtering problems out from the modpack posts though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• So I have been working on a private server based on TerraFirmaCraft , and pillaging a bunch of the configuration from the Technofirma pack.

I've run into a situation where the server performance stops and starts, with no errors in console log. I've installed sampler , and opis trying to debug, and sampler is identifying that the server is stalled, and dumping a stall-report every few minutes. I presume its some sort of java lock contention, but I am a perl guy, not a java guy, so a lot of this is voodoo for me.

Is there a guide somewhere on how to understand what I am seeing in the stall report? I have attached a zip file with a few of the stall reports. The small ones are from me pre-generating chunks, and the larger ones are after I log in with a client.

Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Server Details

• Eogen,
    I haven't checked stall report, but I will suggest to downgrade java to 1.7 and check if stalls happen, I had funny behaviour and many issues on 1.8 oracle java with modded minecraft.
    I can drop a stand alone Linux 1.7 Java copy for you if you need it.

• Eogen,
    I haven't checked stall report, but I will suggest to downgrade java to 1.7 and check if stalls happen, I had funny behavior and many issues on 1.8 oracle java with modded minecraft.

I am going to admit that I was skeptical, but I have not had a stall since downgrading to java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.91.x86_64. Thanks for the insight.

• Official Post

TooGoodForYou999: Getting a solid 1.22 release out for 1.7.10 has priority. After that's done I'll consider it.

Eogen: The file contains a stack trace for every thread 30 seconds into the tick. The one for "Server thread" is most important, anything you see there is usually what's causing the delay. Stall detection is only time based, it doesn't know if the thread is stuck infinitely as in a deadlock or infinite loop.
    I've checked a few of the reports and they suggest that the stalls are only large scale chained world generation. This happens if the code generating a chunk accesses another chunk that wasn't generated either, thus starting generation there as well. MC prevents this by delaying decoration (2nd stage of world gen) until 2x2 chunks are generated, but that also implies that only those 2x2 are allowed to be accessed. Many mods access more, in your case tfc, which is a bug.
    Just waiting it out works around the problem, especially with pre-generation. The effect of switching to Java 7 is most likely just a coincidence in this case.

• Hi Player, I have a very weird bug that only two of my players experience.

Whenever two specific players are anywhere near a squid, while using FastCraft 1.22 Test 17, the squid is teleported to their head and they are unable to see; http://imgur.com/a/HH1uJ

This doesn't occur on 1.21.

• Notification of Modpack Inclusion:

This post is to inform the creator of FastCraft (Player) that this mod will be included in my private pack to be released via the FTB launcher.

The modpack description will include the following to credit you for your work:

Code
    This pack contains <a color="aqua" href="http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820">Fastcraft</a>, by Player, enabled by default. Fastcraft enhances Minecraft with increased performance. Bug reports being made directly to Mod Authors should state Fastcraft is enabled.

I will also ensure that I follow the rule of keeping an up to date version packed with my modpack.

Thank you. :)

• Notification of Modpack Inclusion:

This post is to inform the creator of FastCraft (Player) that this mod will be included in my unlisted pack to be released via the FTB launcher.

The modpack description will include the following to credit you for your work:

This pack contains <a color="aqua" href="http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820">Fastcraft</a>, by Player, enabled by default. Fastcraft enhances Minecraft with increased performance. Bug reports being made directly to Mod Authors should state Fastcraft is enabled.

I will also ensure that I follow the rule of keeping an up to date version packed with my modpack.

Thank you! :D