Don't waste your energy ! - mass fabricator and parallel cicruit

• No. If the 2nd MFSU isn't full, it will send 50% power to the MFSU and 50% power to the MassFab. If the 2nd MFSU IS full, then it will send 100% power to the MassFab.

Thought so. New wiring system isn't ALL messed up after all ^^

• Wow, this is awesome, it fits right into what I was about to do, because I have an MFSU that goes into a mass fabricator and the machines, but I only have the mass fabricator on when I want it on, but with this I never have to worry about it using up my energy for everything else, along with working with me adding another MFSU. Thanks a bunch.

"Mine like you don't need the diamonds, build like you have never been griefed, and dance like you are taking a crap"

• lol

I love all these complex ideas for what in reality is a fairly simple solution. (at least to me lol 8) )

This will probably annoy a lot of you but it is what I tend to do to counter this issue. Work out how much energy your workshop with all their various machines need and build a system to match. Either matching the requirements exactly or using less panels and more storage.

Now make an entirely different system for your matter transformer, putting in all the solar panels or other power sources you generate late game and just keep adding to that circuit whenever.

depending on your usage of your workshop you could get away with as little as 16 solar panels, saving the rest of your resources of the massively overblown nuclear/geothermal/wind/water/solar/fuel all rolled into one system powering a matter transformer.

top it all off with buildcraft piping automatically minded cobblestone/dirt/gravel into recyclers which then the scrap is piped into your matter transformer.

my 2 cent addition to this discussion.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• Guess what? In 1.23, this does absolutely nothing. It does the same thing if you put a mass fab before your MFSU/MFE. 50%power goes to mass fab, 50% goes to MFSU unless mfsu is full. Then 100% goes to mass fab.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Guess what? In 1.23, this does absolutely nothing. It does the same thing if you put a mass fab before your MFSU/MFE. 50%power goes to mass fab, 50% goes to MFSU unless mfsu is full. Then 100% goes to mass fab.

You do know that is exactly what it used to do right? It always sent 50% to each, unless it was full, at which point 100% goes to the mass fab. If you look up at my comment, you would see this, and Right below it, ALblaka gave a nice obvious answer to the problem, albiet an expencive one, with diminishing returns.

On the other hand, 50% is actually quite sufficient for me, since that extra capacity helps to prevent blackouts my old setup had.

• Wow, very nice. :)

Could there be the chance of having a textbox input for the EU/t? As I'm unable to get a precise number using the slider.

• Wow, very nice. :)

Could there be the chance of having a textbox input for the EU/t? As I'm unable to get a precise number using the slider.

The number is an inputfield, but I'll change the layout a little. Also EU-costs should work now.

• Hey guys! First time poster. I developed my own solution for the probmlem in my workshop. I'm not sure if there are unforseen problems apart from being slightly... explody. But I'll let you guys judge the merits of my setup. I was trying to figure out how to replace the old switch cables, so I did...with HV transformers. All my power comes into my workshop via EV cables, converging together in one room. I simply attached 2 HV transformers, to step it down to 512 for the workshop, and one directly to a Mass Fab. Here's the tricky part... switches. I slapped switches on the transformers and lo and behold, flicking them to reverse the current DOESN'T explode my home! :D It simply stops transmission. So I can turn off current to the shop, switch on the mas fab and suck up all the power my various generation systems can pump out, or set up for half and half.

WARNING. If I remove either of the HV transformers without first removing the switch, it WILL explode. So remember to remove the switch first if you want to disconnect either of the HVs.

And please tell me if there's a huge flaw in this system or something. (Only tested in single player)

• Nope, that's something everyone did. You're just (basically) shutting the HVs off. In reality you are trying to convert the no-energy in the workshop grid to EV in the EV line, so the HVs are thinking you intend to add to the HV grid and will act accordingly. So long as you keep the three dot side to the EV wire, you're set.

Personally, I used a RP Blockbreaker/Deployer combo as a switch, but I like to over-complicate thing :whistling:

• A very simple circit with the new detector and switch cables, where the switch is at the fabricator, and the detector at the storage, connected by redstone, works perfectly, to store 100%, then send 100% to the fab afterwards.

• The way I have mine set up, I have detector pipes on the scrap input, and UUM output. There's also a single wind gen (always has some power being sent, probably could use a water mill, too) hooked up to the input cable of the base's main power storage via a detector cable.

The detector on the UUM output turns the fab off after a single UUM is produced. There's a counter on the scrap intput that turns it on after N scrap input, where N > 32, and may have to be increased based on the power budget. If the detector hooked up to the wind gen detects no current (if the base's storage is completely full), it turns on the mass fab regardless of scrap count (and resets the counter).

If you feed the fab power fast enough to produce a second UUM before the first gets to the detector pipe, this won't work, but it's fine if you're on a budget anyway.

With this system, the mass fab just sits in the background, eating up extra resources without me ever having to think about it. :) It also works fairly well without the power detector cable, but only if you have a fairly consistent stream of scrap (like from a quarry), in which case you have to tweak the scrap counter so the average power use is roughly equal to your income.