[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I breeding crops right now, and yes, be prepared to spend a lot of time breeding to get what you want.
    You can't just leave your crops and go do something else, unless you have a cropmatron and lots of weed-ex.
    I got a lot different plants breeding netherwart and reed (sugar cane).
    Until now I have a absurd amount of stickreeds, some ferru, olivia, pumbilia, scheelinium, tine, argentium, tearstalk...
    Just didn't got my oilberry yet...

Anyone knows if ore plants still drop tiny dusts, or just the leaves? Otherwise, those ores plants will worth nothing to me...

• Anyone knows if ore plants still drop tiny dusts, or just the leaves? Otherwise, those ores plants will worth nothing to me...

Metal-type ore plants (like plumbilia, scheelinium, or tine) only drop leaves (which by default need UU-matter or some related crushed ore to get any use out of), but I think gem-type ore plants (like withereed, olivia, or diareed) drop tiny dusts. However, both now require ores or blocks of the appropriate material below to reach full growth.

• Official Post

This should fix the issues GT_BaseCrop has with getting a world object from crops.

EDIT: It doesn't, use this instead: [GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• This should fix the issues GT_BaseCrop has with getting a world object from crops.

Unfortunately, no. Tried with a new creative world for safety. Here's the new crash report:

• Official Post

Typo'd the comparison for isBlockBelow :S

How about this one?

EDIT: This one: [GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Official Post

Chocohead, you do know that the Function in the Interface gets obfuscated, right? the getWorldObj function in the IC2 Crop API overlaps with a function inside the vanilla TileEntity Class, meaning it is impossible to call it at all, using the Interface. This can only be fixed by renaming the Function inside the Interface and there is no way around it.

• Official Post

Chocohead, you do know that the Function in the Interface gets obfuscated, right? the getWorldObj function in the IC2 Crop API overlaps with a function inside the vanilla TileEntity Class, meaning it is impossible to call it at all, using the Interface. This can only be fixed by renaming the Function inside the Interface and there is no way around it.

The whole reason GT crashes is because it is renamed in the interface!

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Typo'd the comparison for isBlockBelow :S

How about this one?

No longer crashes, but the Olivia crop I tried remained stuck at Crop size 3/4, Growth points 0/400 with either Olivine Ore or a Block of Olivine below it, so the patcher isn't enough to make GT crops fully functional in GT 5.10.

• Official Post

No longer crashes, but the Olivia crop I tried remained stuck at Crop size 3/4, Growth points 0/400 with either Olivine Ore or a Block of Olivine below it, so the patcher isn't enough to make GT crops fully functional in GT 5.10.

That's actually just a bug in the logic of GT5 itself, whilst looking downwards it forgets to offset the check for the root length, ie it checks the block directly below it (farmland) rootlength times. Should be fixable from my end though.

EDIT: Provided I got the SRG name right for down (which I'm fairly certain I did), this will fix that issue too.

• That's actually just a bug in the logic of GT5 itself, whilst looking downwards it forgets to offset the check for the root length, ie it checks the block directly below it (farmland) rootlength times. Should be fixable from my end though.

EDIT: Provided I got the SRG name right for down (which I'm fairly certain I did), this will fix that issue too.

Seems to work now. I hope Archengius/Dragon2488 sees this conversation, so that the logic will be fixed properly once crops are officially supported in GT 5.10.

Edit: I've made myself a custom build of GT 5.10 that includes the fixes from your patcher (plus a fix for https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/910). I thought about setting up a Pull Request, but I already have a fork of GT5-Unofficial, and it doesn't include the 1.10.2 branch, so I don't know how I'd do that. :S

• It has been long, so quick announcement!
    GT 5.09.28 has been released!

Circuit Changes:
    All Circuits got revised: https://docs.google.com/spread…dO8JBrmaiZklZU/edit#gid=0
    Add Cleanroom multiblock.
    Change silicon processing.
    Add new circuit components.
    Add new LuV+ circuits.

Many recipe rebalancings.
    For example: Steam hammer now 3:2 for Ingot->Plate processing.
    Multiblock building blocks halved in costs.
    Some destillation tower recipes speed up.

Split Oil and Pollution calculation by dimension(by maixgame).
    Add config for Oil drilling in different Dimensions (by maixgame).
    New Fluid Filter modes (by DEMOOH).
    Mix client side memory overflow issue.
    Change IC2 NEI recipes into GT NEI recipes.
    Add advanced seismic prospector (by KpoxaPy)
    &many more smaller bugfixes.

• Okay, I found something that actually works better in 5.10 than 5.09 or older: the JEI '+' button to populate the crafting table with a recipe actually works with GT meta-tools (although it only pulls enough to craft one item, even if I've got enough for more and shift+click the button). NEI couldn't do that, except for special variants like the AE2 crafting terminal. IDK yet whether it works with more advanced components like electric motors, pistons, etc. that gave even the AE2 crafting terminal trouble in 5.09.

Update on this: with 5.10, JEI is indeed able to populate the vanilla crafting table with electric motors (and presumably also components crafted with motors, like pumps, pistons, or robot arms). On the other hand, keeping GT blocks visible in JEI seems susceptible to crashes like I reported here: https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/938

Edit: https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/940 has become a bigger problem for me.

• Wow, thanks Blood, great work.
    (Even thought, seems you're making my life harder, I already hate making circuits as it is now)
    Good news is, after a week of sweat and blood, and getting bored reading manga while farming, I finally got my Oilberries (and two bonus Diareeds).
    Time to start mass production.
    -----------
    Edit: Ok, I had a look on circuits, and I loved it!
    They are more complex now, but I feel that they require less annoying materials, and one recipe usually make more than one component. I hated having to use 3 steel ingots to make a good circuit, made no sense!
    The silicon change was great too, now I can use then more easily on AE2, as I can smelt then on the furnace.
    I just got a little sad, because the modular armor "too heavy" bug stills exists, I really want to use them...

Anyway, thank you again, It was a great update!

• afaik any GT5 generator will put out 1A at a fixed voltage every tick. If the fuel supply is not steady it may not put out that 1A every tick and may be eratic. Adding generators together results in adding amps. You can overvolt or overcurrent wires. You can overvolt machines. You cannot over current machines. Battery buffers are good for controlling available current to sets of machines. With two generators and three batteries in a battery buffer you could run three machines for a short period of time. Trying that without the battery buffer would result in at least one of the machines choking. Also the thermal centrifuge pulls 2A. I'm not sure what other blocks do.

• So then, what exactly does the cleanroom do?

Certain recipes require the machine to be running in a cleanroom, as indicated near the bottom of the recipe. Also, if the cleanroom hasn't been allowed time to reach full air purity, there's a chance the output could be voided. Searching a local copy of the source code, it looks like only certain Precision Laser Engraver recipes require the cleanroom so far.