[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Does anyone know will Replicators works in Processing Array? Where should i put data orb?

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• No, replicators do not work in PA.

Whyyyyyyyyyy?
    For uninterrupted production of Beryllium for Be+D reaction its 32 replicators needed.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• PSA

Crash when updating to IC2 #789 when looking up advanced curcuit boards in NEI. using GT5u 5.09.09 crash report will be uploaded to gihub

Confirmed.

Effects IC2 Experimental 787+ due to the following addition: http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_experimental/787/
    Added basic Fluid Canning Machine NEI Recipes. To be improved. (detail)

Effects GT 5.08.32 and GT 5.09.09 equally.

Here is the crash report with relevant stuff only: (looked up UU Matter Fabricator recipe, then Field Generator (IV) = crash, Circuit Boards = crash, doesnt matter -> anything that loads Integration crashes)

• No, replicators do not work in PA.

Also, can someone try to build the pyro oven at coordinates +100/+100 and -100/-100 and +100/-100 and -100/+100? maybe the +/- calculation is wrong.

At +100/+100, the oven accept some of the hatches and buses (except maintanence and the inputs, the muffler). At all other positions nothing happens. I hope you can fix that fast ;(

• Fixed in IC2-790

At +100/+100, the oven accept some of the hatches and buses (except maintanence and the inputs, the muffler). At all other positions nothing happens. I hope you can fix that fast ;(

Well, i guess this is the reason. Will try to fix it.

• I was thinking that the super conductor could have variable loss (cooling cost) depending on the ambient temperature of the dimension. For example, IGalacticraftWorldProvider, provides methods to get a getThermalLevelModifier() for that dimension. For example, over-world is hot with a value of 1.0, moon has a neutral value of zero, Mars has a cold value of -1.0, and Asteroids has a really cold value of -1.5. I am not sure how you would calculate the different loss, perhaps,

float loss = (getThermalLevelModifier() + 1.0) / 2; loss = loss >= 0 ? loss : 0;,

so that earth will still have a loss of 1 eu/t, moon will have a loss of 0.5 eu/t, and mars, asteroids, anything colder than -1 would have 0 loss.

Let me know what you think?

• Updated to GT 5.09.10

This version has huge changes in my dev enviroment, so a chance something is messed up.
    Also ShawnBuckly joined the project quite active.

Update to Foresty 4.0 api.
    Improved Nuclear Control support. (ShawnBuckley)
    Huge code cleanups. (ShawnBuckley)
    Fixed Sulfurci Gas spelling. (ShawnBuckley)
    Some small performance improvements. (ShawnBuckley)
    Changed some crop textures. (from Marks)
    Fixed naquadah reverse processing exploid.
    Changed U235 processing to output U238 instead.
    Added more Hydricsulfide recipes.
    Fixed Pyrolyse Oven.

• I can see some problems with that:
    1. I think GregTech was deliberately avoiding floating-point calculations for cable losses.
    2. It doesn't make sense to use a single ambient temperature across the entire overworld, given that it includes cold biomes like ice plains as well as hot biomes like desert.
    3. Asteroids and the moon have no air of their own, and vacuum has zero thermal conductivity, so how do you figure those dimensions would be colder than the overworld?

• 3. Asteroids and the moon have no air of their own, and vacuum has zero thermal conductivity, so how do you figure those dimensions would be colder than the overworld?

Space is very very cold. While you are right in that there is almost no thermal conductivity, thermal radiation is very much still going strong and given time you'll lose all your heat. Since, as you said, there is zero thermal conductivity, that means you'll gain very little heat that way. At best you'll be able to gain some heat from the light of nearby stars but that isn't a whole lot.

• Space is very very cold. While you are right in that there is almost no thermal conductivity, thermal radiation is very much still going strong and given time you'll lose all your heat. Since, as you said, there is zero thermal conductivity, that means you'll gain very little heat that way. At best you'll be able to gain some heat from the light of nearby stars but that isn't a whole lot.

Overheating is a serious issue on spacecraft. I hope you know that radiation is only a few percent of heat transfer in atmosphere. If you're in space you need really nice cooling systems to get all of the energy to radiators and even then you need a large surface area for any appreciable amount of power.

Also in terms of superconductors: they have helium and pumps in them. That means they have the active cooling systems necessary to stay superconducting. You could say the pumps need EU to operate and you'd be absolutely right but that's a GT mechanic overhaul I don't see coming any time soon.

Actually the pump operation is likely why the loss is 1 EU/block rather than 0. Pump covers needing EU is just unwieldy.

• Overheating is a serious issue on spacecraft. I hope you know that radiation is only a few percent of heat transfer in atmosphere. If you're in space you need really nice cooling systems to get all of the energy to radiators and even then you need a large surface area for any appreciable amount of power.

Also in terms of superconductors: they have helium and pumps in them. That means they have the active cooling systems necessary to stay superconducting. You could say the pumps need EU to operate and you'd be absolutely right but that's a GT mechanic overhaul I don't see coming any time soon.

Actually the pump operation is likely why the loss is 1 EU/block rather than 0. Pump covers needing EU is just unwieldy.

Well, if you're actively generating heat then of course that will be massively significant compared to the passive heat loss and gain you'll encounter in space.

• That was my only point. I guess actively cooling superconductors in space wouldn't take much energy because they have a large surface are compared to ho much heat they produce. However heat will still get in through conduction at the edges. I think in the general case you guys are right that because of how hard it is to fight convection in atmosphere. Still I'm not convinced the loss would be appreciable with the way EU works. Oh no you lose 32 EU/block instead of 1. That's still only 0.00000149%.

• Crazy question but digging stone with B:harderstone=false is too fast. Digging with it on is a bit too slow. Is there a way to speed it up just a tiny bit? It takes about 7 seconds to dig one stone block with a stone pickaxe. Be great if it took maybe 4 or 5.

• By the way - we can attach Ic2 heat vents (like component heat vent) to gregtech machines. do they give some benefit? like decreasing Eu costs or something? I know they used to do so (or smth simular) but Im not sure about now

• By the way - we can attach Ic2 heat vents (like component heat vent) to gregtech machines. do they give some benefit? like decreasing Eu costs or something? I know they used to do so (or smth simular) but Im not sure about now

They used to give a benefit in GT4.
    But now: BLOODY, WE NEED 'EM BACK.
    Here we go with customization.

• Is RedLogic for 1.7.10 and Imbis Microblocks Compatible with GregTech 5 Unofficial? Do I even need them with Gregtech 5? If so, do I need to do anything to make them play nice or just add them to my mods folder and let Gregtech sort it out?

Or ... should I just get rid of RedLogic and Immibus' Microblocks and just use ProjectRed which includes Forge Microblocks? What is more compatible?