[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Here's the rest of it:

• Donova, did you delete GT6's config before putting GT5? Your material id list must be ducked up

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Well, the crash report basicly says: Crashed while writing a crash report.

So not really helpful. When NEI is crashing, it is certainly not GT alone. Likely a cross mod interaction. The only way to correctly test what mods are conflicting: Make a clean setup. Remove some mod and try if it works. Repeat with all mods...
    The optimized search for that is: remove half of the mods. If it works, it is one of the removed half. Otherwise one of the remaining half. Then remove/readd half of the mods again and try again. That way to you can test 256 mods with just 8 restarts.

• Well, the crash report basicly says: Crashed while writing a crash report.

So not really helpful. When NEI is crashing, it is certainly not GT alone. Likely a cross mod interaction. The only way to correctly test what mods are conflicting: Make a clean setup. Remove some mod and try if it works. Repeat with all mods...
    The optimized search for that is: remove half of the mods. If it works, it is one of the removed half. Otherwise one of the remaining half. Then remove/readd half of the mods again and try again. That way to you can test 256 mods with just 8 restarts.

Well, after a few minutes of removing and adding mods, I was able to determine that the cause of the crash was NEI Integration (It was also causing me to get a "fatal error has occurred" message the first time entering a world after launching and then letting me enter with no problems until I exit the game (through crashing or just exiting minecraft) and re-entering it). Now that I've removed that mod, I can finally look up the recipes without any problems. Thank you for the response.

• Mentlegen, it has come to my attention that while Blood Asp has done good work he has neglected one crippling flaw: The current versions of GregTech still do not in fact contain the Lightning Rod that GregTech was originally advertised as containing.

WE MUST GO BACK TO ROOTS, PEOPLE!

• Mentlegen, it has come to my attention that while Blood Asp has done good work he has neglected one crippling flaw: The current versions of GregTech still do not in fact contain the Lightning Rod that GregTech was originally advertised as containing.

Preach on brother, I been quietly hoping it would be added back in forever!

Did you forget about other things? Cloak device and tesla staff ?

• So... I just noticed that I didn't even have gregtech installed (whoops). Anyways, now that I did, I found another incompatibility: Dense Ores. With gregtech 5 and dense ores, when you create a world, it takes up the name for the world, but doesn't actually let you play it and instead boots you to the title screen. When you go back into the single player menu, it displays as if you have no worlds at all (not entirely sure how that works). I removed dense ores after I discovered that it was most likely causing issues, but I thought I should inform you. Also, I would like to know how I can remove the names of the previous worlds from the (what I guess I could call) list of used world names.

• Official Post

So... I just noticed that I didn't even have gregtech installed (whoops). Anyways, now that I did, I found another incompatibility: Dense Ores. With gregtech 5 and dense ores, when you create a world, it takes up the name for the world, but doesn't actually let you play it and instead boots you to the title screen. When you go back into the single player menu, it displays as if you have no worlds at all (not entirely sure how that works). I removed dense ores after I discovered that it was most likely causing issues, but I thought I should inform you.

That's Tema's fault for not checking if a machine recipe exists before adding it: https://github.com/rwtema/DenseOres/issues/75 With Gregtech disabling normal ores, I don't see the need for dense ores anyway.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Did you forget about other things? Cloak device and tesla staff ?

I know of the cloak and have allready seen old code of it in GT5. But tesla staff? Must have been before my time or i always missed it.

So... I just noticed that I didn't even have gregtech installed (whoops). Anyways, now that I did, I found another incompatibility: Dense Ores. With gregtech 5 and dense ores, when you create a world, it takes up the name for the world, but doesn't actually let you play it and instead boots you to the title screen. When you go back into the single player menu, it displays as if you have no worlds at all (not entirely sure how that works). I removed dense ores after I discovered that it was most likely causing issues, but I thought I should inform you. Also, I would like to know how I can remove the names of the previous worlds from the (what I guess I could call) list of used world names.

The dense ores incompatibility is known. No real way around it besides removing it. Or maybe asking the dense ores dev. But as GT is replacing allmost all of the worldgen, there is no real reason to have it in the same modpack anyways.

• I have started contributing to the BDCraft texture patch for GregTech, but I've come across a couple of item textures that are confusing me:
    1. electric pumps
    2. emitters
    Can someone please provide me some more details of how the current textures for them represent them? (to help me figure out how higher-resolution textures of them should look)

Anybody?

• Hey! I was throwing together a private pack for myself and am experiencing a crash which, from what I can pick out in the crash report, has something to do with bees.

Hopefully you can help me with this. Thank you so much!

• Ah, I figured it would've been version issues. Does the 5.08.33 jar work with Forestry 3.6? If not, I could just disable GT bees like you suggested.