[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Railcraft tanks output as fast as GT pipes can handle. So an 800L/sec pipe will put out 800L/sec. A huge tunsteel will put out 48,000L/sec. Bigger pipes and/or more valves+pipes will do the trick every time.

Provided the tank's got the gas.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• So this was useless to make 3 hatches with 6 steam turbines. I will always be limited by the first hatch. If the first 2 Steam Turbines are empty, the 4 left will give only 128 eu/t which will be not enough.

False. Dead false. This is actually the only way to power an EBF initially, because you can't make MV hatches without Aluminium, and you need an EBF to get Aluminium. The solution to powering an EBF has always been 3 LV energy hatches, with each hatch fed by 2 LV generators (Turbines or Diesel). And out of those 3 hatches/6 generators, 2 hatches/4 generators will take full load, and the 3rd/last 2 will take partial load to make up for the inefficiency of the first two/four.

Also, you don't need pump covers to pull steam out of pipes; the pipes will transfer the steam fast enough on their own if they're big enough. If you need to transfer steam faster to keep up with the turbines, use either Large Bronze Pipes or some size of Steel Pipes, and use a series of Shutter covers to prevent backflow in the pipes.

Last point with the 24,000 Steam stored in each Turbine: That's only 8000EU worth of Steam. You need a solid steam supply if you're going to power an EBF on steam, which is why Diesel Generators wind up being common power supplies for EBFs.

• The solution to powering an EBF has always been 3 LV energy hatches, with each hatch fed by 2 LV generators (Turbines or Diesel). And out of those 3 hatches/6 generators, 2 hatches/4 generators will take full load, and the 3rd/last 2 will take partial load to make up for the inefficiency of the first two/four.

In my current game I've used a bit different setup - 4 lower-tier energy hatches with equivalent tier diesel generators attached straight to them with no cables or battery boxes between. As long as I was providing enough fuel for the generators I was smelting several stacks of aluminum/titanium (with 128EU hatches/generators) without issues.

Only problem is that you'll need to be able to access the furnace from the bottom since you'll have all nine blocks of the bottom layer be in use in some form. I have my BF on my second floor of the machine shop so access is trivial from the first floor.

• Btw it is hard to call EBF efficient in terms of Coal if you making Steel Dust. For example 4 Small pile of steel dust requires 120000 EU. It is 360000 steam. The most efficient in terms of coal - High Pressure Coal Boiler produces 48000 litres of steam per coal.
    360000 / 48000 = 7.5 Coal. Ofcourse you can make Steel Ingot twice cheaper from Iron+Oxygen (that is if you have Oxygen). Bronze blast furnace requires only 4 Coal. More than that High Pressure Coal Boiler will generate those 360000 steam exactly 20 minutes. Plus add all those losses when converting and transporting. So the only reasonable use for EBF at this stage will be Aluminium. And for Steel Ingot you will be stuck with BBF for long.

• I make solar panels ASAP and set up a solar farm. A 128v one is actually not that hard using 8v panels (the largest we allow on our server), just time consuming. Once you have that, you can get quite a lot done with liberal sleep and a large battery buffer.

On the server presently I have a 512v array almost done (just 10 panels left!) That's enough to smelt almost anything!

Protip: To combat losses in batbuffers and for a boost to greedy machines, attach a solar panel and give them view of the sky (be sure to roof them or rain will ruin your day!) Best used on batbuffers and machines that are used constantly or have unusually high draws (such as the arc furnace).
    Even on 128v machines, an 8v panel can cut down on your fuel costs.

Protip2: Once you have an arc furnace, always cook your iron ingots into wrought iron ingots, then put them in the blast furnace. It will be much faster and use a lot less energy to make steel! This way it takes about 1/16th the time of a BBF, and uses less coal (provided your setup is efficient and boiler already peaked)!

Protip3: Use a pyrolyse oven (or if you have Railcraft or Immersive Engineering, coke ovens) to make coal into coke, it has twice the burn value, PLUS it makes creosote which can be burned as fuel in a large bronze boiler, or made into lubricant for the cutting machines in a distiller (which subsequently makes it much faster and use much less energy).

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

Edited once, last by axlegear ().

• You prolly have the power output face pointing to the pipe. Try using a wrench on the opposite side to make the dot face out.

Quoted from "zorn":

• Btw it is hard to call EBF efficient in terms of Coal if you making Steel Dust. For example 4 Small pile of steel dust requires 120000 EU. It is 360000 steam. The most efficient in terms of coal - High Pressure Coal Boiler produces 48000 litres of steam per coal.
    360000 / 48000 = 7.5 Coal. Ofcourse you can make Steel Ingot twice cheaper from Iron+Oxygen (that is if you have Oxygen). Bronze blast furnace requires only 4 Coal. More than that High Pressure Coal Boiler will generate those 360000 steam exactly 20 minutes. Plus add all those losses when converting and transporting. So the only reasonable use for EBF at this stage will be Aluminium. And for Steel Ingot you will be stuck with BBF for long.

It is more efficient to use wrought iron(made in arc furnace) for steel in EBF. that way it needs only ~18kEU per ingot.

• :Nuke TNT::Nuke TNT::Nuke TNT:

Hey everyone,

Can anyone tell me what material goes inside an IC2 Nuke when I have GregTech installed, as all the IC2 materials are automatically converted to the GT ones?
    :Nuke TNT::Nuke TNT::Nuke TNT:

• Update GT 5.09.19

*Added model textures for Modular Armors (great thanks to Pyrolusite for providing them).
    *Various Spelling fixes.
    *Rework of explosives:
    *Added Powder Barrel (Basicly the simply gunpowder explosive).
    *Changed production of Dynamite, TNT and Industrial TNT.
    *Changed explosives needed for Implosion compressor.
    *Changed explosives needed for Seismic Prospector.
    *Fixed Chainsaw dropping corrupted forestry leaves.

And for the old but missing changelogs:
    *Merged "Fixed world event lag and related cahldron crash" by LemADEC.
    *Fixed reprocessing exploid(Diamond drilling head crafted with 4 dusts + 1 diamond in forgehammer returned 5 normal diamonds).
    *Lowered UUM Berry drop chance.
    *Fixed Adv. Miner II running with not enough drilling fluid.
    *Made bees less biome dependend.
    *Fixed crash without RF API.
    *Fixed CO2 processing.
    *Fixed some Comb processing recipes.
    *Rised EU output of Hot Coolant 4x.
    *Override of IC2 fuel rods to get access of internal values.
    *Rised output of Electric IC2 Reactor 2x.
    *Lowered Mox heat bonus from 5x to 2.5x.
    *Initial port of GTExtras modular armor(Still somewhat broken, so crafting recipes disabled).
    *Merge "More beautiful achievements display" by miuirussia.

*Reverted "Fixed world event lag and related cahldron crash" because of crashes.
    *Added more EBXL processing recipes.
    *Fixed Crop processing recipes.
    *Fixed Mox Fuel crashing.
    *Fixed Mox heat bonus not working.
    *Fixed ordict registation for AE2 items.

Hey everyone,

Can anyone tell me what material goes inside an IC2 Nuke when I have GregTech installed, as all the IC2 materials are automatically converted to the GT ones?

The compressed plutonium items should work. U235 afaik also. These should not automaticly get converted to GT items.

• Here's something I've been wondering about for a while: what are the suffixes for HSS supposed to stand for? HSS is presumably High Speed Steel or High Strength Steel, but I don't know what the "-G", "-E", and "-S" suffixes mean.

• Here's something I've been wondering about for a while: what are the suffixes for HSS supposed to stand for? HSS is presumably High Speed Steel or High Strength Steel, but I don't know what the "-G", "-E", and "-S" suffixes mean.

HSS is "High Speed Steel" right. -G and -E are taken from the ISO standardization for the typical alloys of them. -S is made up to use osmium/iridum that is not actual usefull alloy.

• Hey Everyone,

Maybe anyone can help me.

I warnt to add a recipe for clay in the mixer.

On the minetweaker wiki i followed this line (example)

//Mixer
    //OutputStack, OutputFluid, InputArray, FluidInput, Time in Ticks, EU
    mods.gregtech.Mixer.addRecipe(<IC2:itemFertilizer>, <liquid:dye.watermixed.dyered> * 1000, [<minecraft:sand>, <minecraft:double_plant:4>], <liquid:water> * 1000, 100, 16);

And then i changed it like this:

mods.gregtech.Mixer.addRecipe(<minecraft:clay_ball>, [<minecraft:sand>, <minecraft:dirt>], <liquid:water> * 100, 100, 16);

It doesnt work. I get an error, something about "there are 2 methods avaiable"....

I figured out that the problem only appears when i left out the Outputfluid

Anyone can help me what iam doing wrong ?

• You can't just skip a parameter. If you don't want to output any fluid, then you have to pass null for Outputfluid.