[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• ^ I just learned a thing.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• right click it in the air while wearing a batpack. that should charge it, it works with my MV drill and energy pack.

Right-click it in the air, or hold right-click while waving the thing around above your head yelling "HAYO!" ?

• Is there a difference?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• can anybody halp me with this? its perfectly work without GT but with it its crash on load.

• first question, do you have dense ores or nether ores mod in this pack? if so remove them and it should work. send question, mod list plz? It really helps to know what your working with.

i dont have dense or nether ores.

mods what i have:
    AdminCommandsToolbox-0.0.2a_1.7.10
    AdvancedMachinesAS-1.7.10
    AdvancedSolarPanel-1.7.10-3.5.1
    AgriCraft-1.7.10-1.2.2
    appliedenergistics2-rv1-stable-1
    archimedesshipsplus-1.7.10-1.8
    BiblioCraft[v1.9.2][MC1.7.10]
    BiblioWoods[BiomesOPlenty][v1.9]
    BiblioWoods[Forestry][v1.7]
    BiblioWoods[Natura][v1.5]
    BiomesOPlenty-1.7.10-2.1.0.1462-universal
    Botania r1.5-165
    buildcraft-7.0.19
    Carpenter's Blocks v3.3.5 - MC 1.7.10
    ClientFixer-1.0
    CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.4.29-universal
    CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.3-303
    CraftableEndPortal-1.5.1 - 1.7.2
    CraftingPillars-1.7.x-1.6.1
    CustomMobSpawner 3.3.0
    DrZharks MoCreatures Mod v6.3.1
    DummyCore1.13
    EnchantView-v4.0.4-mc1.7.10
    FoodPlus-1.7.2-3.2rS
    forestry_1.7.10-4.2.5.53
    gregtech-5.09.19
    ImmersiveEngineering-0.5.4
    immibis-core-59.1.1
    immibis-microblocks-59.1.1
    industrialcraft-2-2.2.684-experimental
    InventoryTweaks-1.59-dev-152
    ironchest-1.7.10-6.0.62.742-universal
    Lots of Food-1.7.10 v5
    magicalcrops-1.7.10_0.1
    magicbees-1.7.10-2.4.0
    Mantle-mc1.7.10-0.3.1
    MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.0-104
    movingworld-1.7.10-1.8
    mystcraft-1.7.10-0.11.2.01
    natura-1.7.10-2.2.0.1
    NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.3.74-universal
    OpenBlocks-1.7.10-1.4.3-snapshot-625
    OpenModsLib-1.7.10-0.7.3
    Pam's HarvestCraft 1.7.10f
    PlayerAPI-1.7.10-1.3
    Railcraft_1.7.10-9.6.1.0
    roguelike-1.7.10-1.4.4
    Somnia-1.4.3.1
    SoulShards-TOW-1.7.10-0.1-RC9-7
    StevesCarts2.0.0.b18
    stillhungry-1.7.2-2.1.1
    tcnodetracker-1.7.10-1.1.2
    TConstruct_mc1.7.10_1.6.0d40.1
    Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.3.5
    ThaumicBases-1.3.1710.4
    ThaumicTinkerer-2.5-1.7.10-164
    ThebombzenAPI-v2.4.1-mc1.7.2
    ThermalExpansion-[1.7.10]4.0.3B1-218
    ThermalFoundation-[1.7.10]1.2.0-102
    twilightforest-1.7.10-2.3.2
    VeinMiner-1.7.10_0.27.1.unknown

• Yeah, AE2 rv1 is quite out of date. Stable builds of AE2 rv2 have been out for a while, and there are even beta builds of AE2 rv3 now. I also notice your IC2 build is almost 11 months old, so it might be a good idea to check for updates of your other mods as well. You seem to have a fairly recent build of Forestry, though I didn't know that Magic Bees had updated to work with Forestry 4.x.

• There is one way. Overmind hacked the Enum using Reflection to add his own stuff. No Idea how he did that and also no idea how long he takes to reply to things if you ask him.

Will have a look & see if he can be found lurking. Ty for the heads up Greg.

Any good servers still alive? I want to see how others progress and have set-up to help figure out the point 9 branch and some of the higher aspect in general. Also is they a gt machine to work with ic2 fluid reactors to generate either power or steam a bit more efficiently?

I'll be updating my Gregtech server to the .9 branch once I can confirm it's where I should be.

So my question is simple:
    If you've got the latest versions of Forestry and Buildcraft, I Should update and
    be using the GT5u 5.9 branch instead of the BC6/F3 GT5u .8 branch, Correct? As the latest version of JasonMcRay's Infitech2 pack
    from github had .8 but .9 has support for the new APIs. (Tested his pack and it works fine so I only ask if it's worth updating my own) Simply
    wondering, thanks.

• yes .9 works with both BC and forestry 4.2, in fact there are GT bees.

Not what I want to know, I read the changelogs and am quite aware..

I'm asking should I bother with the update? .8 is working fine on my test server without the Forest 4 or BC 7 support.. (Though with The latest versions of each respective mod)
    Just wanting to know what the benefits are and if I should change it before going live with the latest update for my pack which is moving Forest and BC to their latest versions up from F3 and BC6.

• Any good servers still alive? I want to see how others progress and have set-up to help figure out the point 9 branch and some of the higher aspect in general. Also is they a gt machine to work with ic2 fluid reactors to generate either power or steam a bit more efficiently?

We're still kicking, and i'm considering opening a new third 'brutal-hard mode' server if there's enough interest in a post-apoc survival-theme version.

Quoted from "zorn":

• Just wanting to know what the benefits are and if I should change it before going live with the latest update for my pack which is moving Forest and BC to their latest versions up from F3 and BC6.

That's actually a good question. I've been playing .09 for a few months (in single-player peaceful). It has some benefits, but I'm not sure they outweigh the drawbacks, so if my world gets badly corrupted or something, I might go back to .08.

Benefits I've seen:

• charcoal pile igniter - with a max size charcoal pile (11w x 11d by 5h, 605 logs), this takes 10 minutes to finish plus about 10 minutes for me to do the repetitive setup and breakdown, and usually produces around 900 charcoal, so that's about 1.33 seconds per charcoal, speed equivalent to around 67 Railcraft Coke Ovens ignoring the creosote oil.
    • several generators have higher default efficiencies
    • large boilers have higher steam per charcoal outputs
    • LV cables can be insulated with black carpet, and thus crafted without even using steam machines (although electric machines can still improve the efficiency of material use)

Benefits I haven't used yet:

• pyrolyse oven
    • seismic prospector
    • oil drilling rig (I've been using buildcraft oil, and I've bred some oilberries that I might switch to once the nearby deposits run out)
    • IHL migration features, like nitrogen from compressed air, and tiny platinum group sludge dust from purified pentlandite or chalcopyrite ore.

Drawbacks I've seen:
    Many materials and items are more complicated to produce: rubber, circuits, machine hulls, titanium, tungsten, palladium, iridium, osmium, etc.

Maybe others can expand on this.