[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Hello
    I want to add missing plates, rods, rings etc. etc. for materials like Void metal from Thaumcraft or Manasteel from Botania.
    What do you guys think is the easiest way to do it ? create a mod, or is there an easier way ?
    I don't know much about programming, but I am willing to learn.

• Hi. I wanted to report a bug. EBF sometimes doesnt smelt iron\pyrite+caco3. It smelts wrought iron, titanium and aluminum normally. I dont know what is the reason.
    At one point of time I was able to smelt some iron+caco3 and after that the same blast furnace refused to do it.
    As I said, there were no problems with aluminum, wrought iron, stainless and titanium

halp.

• I'll start with simple bugs.
    I'm writing all this from memory, so names may be incorrect.

1 wood dust (0.5 smelt operation) compresses to 1 wood plate (8 smelt operations).
    1 wood plank(1.5 smelt oprations) --sawmill--> 2 wood slabs --sawmill--> 4 wood panels (looks like 1 smelt operation each - I only checked NEI).

Advanced miner 2. looks like they somehow mine from each other areas.
    Example: when one of my miners started mining uranium vein, I could find uranium at chests of other miners.
    Yes, a recently deployed miner, which is mining magnetite, could also somehow mine uranium, which is out of it's range.
    I checked code, but didn't undestand, how this happens...

Large heat exchanger.
    Simple lava to normal steam setup. Lava is fed by IC2 fluid regulator. Large steam turbine (low pressure), tanks for all liquids. Everything in the same chunk. Works perfectly when I'm nearby.
    But when I go exploring (chunk unloads) and then come back (chunk loads) I find this: superheated steam in pipe between heat exchange and turbine, and in turbine's input hatch... It's as if fluid regulator was running when heat exchanger wasn't...
    I suggest a workaround: some way to disallow large heat exchanger to output superheated steam.
    Some fluid sorter should also work (like AE2 with Extra Cells), but I didn't try it yet.

For the end: very fun mod.
    I recently restarted to check how fun it is to play without Advanced Miner 2 on overworld. With PFAA and Galacticraft. Still on LV, waiting for that update with heavy oil fix (what will result in "shuffled" liquids from oil drilling rigs).

• Btw it did smelt after I moved the EBF, but after I smelted some annealed copper, EBF again refused to smelt iron.

Did you have only iron ore and CaCO3 in EBF's input bus?
    EBF may get stuck at some "incomplete" recipe, for example: input bus has copper ingots, iron ore and CaCO3, input hatch has some oxygen. EBF smelts copper, runs out of oxygen and gets stuck at waiting for oxygen. After removing copper ingots it will start smelting iron.

• Yes! These are issues with input hatch. I removed it > no oxygen in the EBF = smelts iron.
    its very strange as I had nothing in input except iron+caco3.
    And it looks like I have to inut oxygen each time manually, otherwise it wont smelt iiron

• bloody,
    what level is oliva crops? I just planted a 9x9 feild in checker board pattern half with sugar cane to cross breed. most of the field was sugar cane as I expected. (2) where red mushrooms and (1) was oliva. the other half of the field was pumpkins in the same pattern, and I only had rose and cocoa beans in that half.

• Hello, I have a suggestion. I think large turbines' "surplus fuel decreases efficiency" mechanics should be removed.

Currently, according to the source code, if there's more fuel in the input hatches than the optimal flow consumption per tick, a turbine consumes fuel up to 125% of it and the energy output goes down to 75% of optimal flow, which is only 60% fuel efficiency.

This means, to achieve 100% efficiency, you must insert the exactly the same amount as optimal flow into the hatches every tick.

This is a huge problem, especially with large gas or plasma turbines because their fuel production is spiky and there are not many way to transport fluid every tick at an finely adjustable rate (actually I couldn't come up with any).

Steam turbines are less susceptible to this problem because boilers output steam every tick, but they still require non-gregtech smooth fluid transport method (because they seem to transport every few ticks.)

Regulating fluid flow is an interesting idea, but in reality, it's too hard or complicated to work around to the point there's no point in choosing large turbines over small ones. So I think the mechanics should be removed.

• This is a huge problem, especially with large gas or plasma turbines because their fuel production is spiky and there are not many way to transport fluid every tick at an finely adjustable rate (actually I couldn't come up with any).

Really? What about this block then: http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…php?title=Fluid_Regulator
    I may not be the best one to stick up for the multiblock turbines, since I haven't actually built one myself, but iirc, the others who have done so have used that block to deal with the problem you describe.

• Hello.
    Today i have installed gregtech-5.09.19.jar instead of regtech-5.08.33.jar, and started new world.
    And now vanilla furnace not working any more. I have tried to look around if something changed, but haven't found anything yet...
    I've tried to place redstone furnace - it's not working either... Please help.

• Hello.
    Today i have installed gregtech-5.09.19.jar instead of regtech-5.08.33.jar, and started new world.
    And now vanilla furnace not working any more. I have tried to look around if something changed, but haven't found anything yet...
    I've tried to place redstone furnace - it's not working either... Please help.

my guess is your trying to make charcoal in it? that is dissabled. but anything else should work in them fine.

• This might be interesting (not sure if it really needs to be fixed) , but this 7 macerator recipies throw a error on first load with gregtech (V: 5.09.19) , no other mods than depencies IC2 (V: 2.2.811 ) installed:

java.lang.RuntimeException: ambiguous recipe: [[1xtile.gravel@0] -> [1xitem.flint@0]]
    Gravel block to flint item
    java.lang.RuntimeException: ambiguous recipe: [[8xitem.reeds@0] -> [1xic2.itemBiochaff@0]]
    Reed items to Biochaff (this could be a IC2 relict)
    java.lang.RuntimeException: ambiguous recipe: [[8xtile.pumpkin@0] -> [1xic2.itemBiochaff@0]]
    Pumkin blocks to biochaff (the same IC2 relict?)
    java.lang.RuntimeException: ambiguous recipe: [[8xitem.melon@0] -> [1xic2.itemBiochaff@0]]
    same for melon slices
    java.lang.RuntimeException: ambiguous recipe: [[1xtile.cloth@0] -> [2xitem.string@0]]
    Wool blocks? to string
    java.lang.RuntimeException: ambiguous recipe: [[8xitem.wheat@0] -> [1xic2.itemBiochaff@0]]
    same as above for wheat items
    finally: java.lang.RuntimeException: ambiguous recipe: [[1xtile.stonebrick@0] -> [1xtile.sand@0]]
    Stone bricks block to Sand Block

May this help to clean up more code for a clean gregtech.

• Hello, I tried your newest version of GT5U and even before game starts, game crashed with this error. What can cause it?

Thanks for reply
    Toonu

• Wrong forestry version.

Update to Forestry 4.2 or disable GT Bees in the config.

You re amazing! Know by small log what caused it. :D I read it too and see some bees, but really can't connect it to Forestry! And so fast reaction. Thanks man! :thumbup:

It solve the problem, but now it messed extrabees, because they crash with NoClassDefFoundError with some of their classes...but that's not your problem
    You helped me a lot. Again thx
    Toonu