[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Another complaint: Why turbines demanding precise input if GT pipes can't even sustain stable flow every tick? I suppose new regulator made for that paticular purpose, isn't it? But isn't it making this mechanics complitely unnsessesary?

• How do you transmit Redstone to a Machine Controller cover for a Processing Array, where controller is at the center of front face?

Gregtech4 had Redstone covers to route Redstone signal from one face to another.

Gregtech5 now has 4 different covers I can't figure how they work.

Redstone Receiver (IN)
    Redstone Receiver (OUT)
    Redstone Transmitter (IN)
    Redstone Transmitter (OUT)

All of the above are shown to do wireless Redstone in tool-tip.

All of the above have screwdriver selection.
    I could get none to work.
    I don't want to do wireless Redstone but pass signal through a Robust Tungstensteel Casing to a Machine Conntroller Cover.

Inn Gregtech4 you used Redstone Receiver covers IN to receive signal in block, then Receiver (OUT) where you selected Face to pass Redstone From.

In Gregtech5 it look like both Receiver and Transmitter covers are about Wireless transmission.
    Using screwdriver on Receivers do channel selection by increment instead of selecting from the six faces cardinalities.

Now how do I need to proceed?

I need to turn on-off a processing array to not overflow output when downstream machines cannot keep-up.
    I cannot statically dimension downstream other processing arrays for ore processing.
    Crushing ores output from 2 to 16 crushed ore depending if it is Lapis (16), Copper (2à, Sheldonite (4)...

• Did anyone checked fluid regulators? I tried to plug LV one on the pipe and configure it, but it doesn't seems to transfer any fluids. I tried to plug them to electric machine and got same result. Pipes are even refusing to connect to it

About Magic energy converter. Neutronium plate isn't exactly "prefusion"

IC2 fluid regulator is very helpful though

• So I finally could use Wireless Redstone Transmitter (OUT) and Receiver (OUT) covers.

Upstream processing array:

• Machine controller on bottom face of Processing array controller in inverted mode (work if no signal),
    • Redstone Receiver (OUT) on top face of Maintenance hatch (just under the array controller).

Downstream processing array:

• Item Detector Cover on bottom face of Input Bus (emit signal if items),
    • Redstone Emitter (OUT) on near-by passing GT Cable (because there were no other GT Machine block to place it on),
    • Two pieces of ProjectRed RedstoneAlloy Wires to connect Item Detector Cover to Redstone Emitter Cover.

@Blood-Asp:
    Please have a consideration for the above usage.
    Using wire-less Redstone transmission to regulate machines that are 1-2 blocks away is very overkill.

Could you re-introduce Gregtech4 Redstone covers to move signal from one face to another on a single block?
    Enable output bus/hatch free space check before finishing process. (like single block machines check their output slots).

When you spend coverable space with wire-less Redstone cover and Machine controller, you can no longer connect a Need Maintenance Cover signal, because Machine casings have no support for covers. Maybe add cover functionality to casings.
    Consider allowing multi-block controller at edges or corners so to expose coverable faces.

Output rate vary with recipe; so scaling downstream machines to a given upstream output rate is not a good option and surely a waste of resources, if you scale it to largest possible output recipe.

• Damn you Blood...

When I think I'm free from my minecraft addiction, you release this;
    Thanks for implementing the regulator cover. Also, I loved the Fluid Filter Idea.

Damn you...

• Diesel "Turbine" somehow sounds wrong to me. Also adding a new turbine is quite a lot of work.

Processing Array does not work for generators.

Uh, almost every place I've worked has a room-sized diesel generator with a large bank of batteries as switch-over...

• I've never seen a diesel *turbine*, but i've seen plenty of generators. IBM had numerous enormous ones with a kinetic wheel based capacitor and a more traditional Lion battery pack. The rig was a rather large room and they had several spread out across the complex.

Fun fact: The flywheels were either osmium or contained osmium, I forget which. Basically a motor slowly spins up a huge, very heavy disc which reaches a certain peak speed. In the event of a power outage, the polarity flips and the flywheel turns the motor to generate electricity. It has a fast switchover speed and surprisingly high amount of capacity for not being a battery, comparable to supercapacitors. They provide a bit of time until the diesel genny cranks up and peaks. The kinetic capacitors also have surprisingly good efficiency, a bit better than Lion in terms of energy in/energy stored.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Anybody know why Mariculture Aluminium Ingots aren't recognized as a valid unification target? Magnesium dust and several ingots and nuggets from that mod were automatically added to the Unification config, but not Aluminium ingots. I tried adding ingotAluminium_false=true and ingotAluminum_false=true, but it still wouldn't unify GT aluminium ingots to Mariculture aluminium ingots.

• BTW, this was helpful to me for knowing what the new stuff does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pBIIEuWrYg

From our very own bear. :)

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Are bronze machines supposed to be recycleable in the arc furnace? 'Cuz they're not working and I thought they were. I can macerate for bronze but I figured the arc would work.

Edit: Oops, forgot oxygen. Derp.

Quoted from "zorn":

• I just found weird, that I couldn't craft a Bismuth Saw, it required a tungstensteel rod. Is that intended?

• Bismuth is a fairly heavy metal so I don't see why it wouldn't need a tungsteel rod.

But a better question is why would you even want to?

Quoted from "zorn":

• Bismuth is almost useless and pretty weak (lv1 - 6400 dur), so I thought I could use at least as an early game tool material, when I want to save Bronze/Iron.

• It's usefulness is in alloys. It's weight is too much for wood and would bend steel, theoretically. Hence tungsteel.

Quoted from "zorn":

• also bismuth bronze can and in my opinion should be turned off for the EBF so it can be used early on, same with black bronze. they're melting points are not high enuff to require a blast furnace and historically where used before iron and steel.

• Well then: Bugfix update
    GT 5.09.21

Should be far less buggy than the last one.

*Fix fluid regulator recipe.
    *Fix some more missing recipes.
    *Change charcoal pit tooltip(now better to understand? If not, help me out please).
    *Allow multiple inputs in distillation tower.
    *Invert outputs of distillation tower fluids(light fluids top, heavy fluids bottom).
    *Oil rebalance(Rised gas fuel values, made heavy oil processing faster, cracking cheaper and outputs more gas, cracking light fuel to gas and burning it in multiblock gas turbine should slightly better than nitrofuel while being more complex).
    *Check damage from hot pipe also with connected sides.
    *Stop disassembler destroying items.
    *Fig rotor assembler recipes missing(had to change large fluid cells recipes/Recipe conflict).
    *Fluid extractor show one recipe per material.
    *Arc furnace show iron and copper recipes.

• *Allow multiple inputs in distillation tower.

AWWW YEAH!

Quoted from "zorn":

• I already asked this on IRC, but maybe someone not reading there has some hints.

I am playing a modded skyblock with GT5U, so, except for the base materials that i get via Ex Nihilo, i dont get any ores or high tier metals. This means that the added metal crops in Gregtech-5.09 are useless to me because they require their material to start producing it. Is there any way to disable the requirement via config, minetweaker or other way?

leagris suggested GT bees for the production of the materials with some config changes. I will probably try that in the meantime, but since i have never played with bees before, i guess this will thate quite a long time.