Pipes, not BC pipes, or some other mod(Unless it is an IC2 addon). IC2 only Pipes.

• So, I wish to know if there will be pipes to transport liquids from liquid (and or Steam or additionally Heat conductors) ejecting machines such as Pumps, Canning machine (Fluid enrich) and Mass Fabricator to Machines that use them such as Ore Washers, Replicators, Bottling plants etc.
    You may ask:
    Why do I hate BC (or insert mod with pipes here) ?
    Well, I wanted something that work natively with IC, and that way a Pipe with a combo function could happen.
    A Combo function you said?
    Yeah, something that can like, pass Liquid (/Heat/Steam) and EU at the same time. I.E lets say I want a pump near a lake, I need to supply EU and take the Liquid, so with 1 stream of blocks that can happen. and why not extend function to Item Buffers and Electric Sorting machines.

*sorry if this was suggested before, as I couldn't find anything with the search. Maybe I misused the search somehow.

• Other than lightning rods (jk) this (Pipes in general) is probably the most asked for IC2 addition.

Its probably also the least-explicable in terms of its absence. No idea why we've never seen a fundamental piece of industrial infrastructure missing from industrialcraft for so long.

• Official Post

Because Buildcraft and Redpower mainly. But now we've got your own fluid pipes, despite being very expensive (but with a massive through output), and with a sorting machine we do need pipes to finish the stuff transferring collection off.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I played a lot with all the friendly IC mods, aka forestry, BC, RC, GT, and now i just got IC, instead of pipes i use buckets and hoppers, ''VANILLA STYLE''

If you think i write bad, you're wrong, i just speak in HAYO

• Well, once you have 1k of each metal you can afford some fluid distributors or whatever they're called, and put a fluid ejector upgrade into them

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

Edited once, last by Nexey ().

• Official Post

Fluid Regulators automatically output, and I'm pretty sure the fluid distributors do too.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• There is also the sligthy less expensive fluid pipe called "botling plant with a fluid ejector upgrade"

So if you wanna carry the liquid 50 blocks away you will just use 50 botling plants (or any machine which can store and output fluid, like the fluid/solid canning machine) with 50 fluid ejector upgrades rather than use pipes? For a short distance like then next block sure, I agree, 1 fluid ejector upgrade is not only cheap but it will also save space and look better than having a pipe smack down the middle between 2 machines, but for a longer distance it's just not feasible.
    Besides, his idea of having the pipe carry EU aswell as fluid (or maybe even items) is pretty good and machines that store and output fluids usually don't output EU as well...

• Well, if it is for large distances you can use minecarts with chest, sticky pistons, hoppers and teleporters

Considering you want to transport fluids, having them canned so you can place them in minecarts or transport them by hoppers would be less efficient that using said pipes, and again those wouldn't also transport EU. There are many alternatives to adding pipes to ic2 but having it's own pipes just seems better than using another mod only for that.

• Well if you love those crappy minecart chests which tend to despawn after a certain amount of time, you can probably rely on them.
    You could fill cans and batteries at Point A, discharge them at Point B, than go to Point C to grab the ores from a miner and get back to the beginning. Really frustrating to setup without railcraft and impossible to maintain because of chunk loading

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Well if you love those crappy minecart chests which tend to despawn after a certain amount of time, you can probably rely on them.
    You could fill cans and batteries at Point A, discharge them at Point B, than go to Point C to grab the ores from a miner and get back to the beginning. Really frustrating to setup without railcraft and impossible to maintain because of chunk loading

Not to mention that it's just more trouble for something that can be done quicker and with fewer resources.

• Official Post

If you've got Railcraft you've got the energy carts anyway, so there's no reason for you to use that setup instead.

I see this too much.

• There is also the sligthy less expensive fluid pipe called "botling plant with a fluid ejector upgrade"

Here's an example why your idea may not work in some cases, even at short distances:
    Imagine you have something really complicated that outputs to multiple sides and gets it's imput on one, you can't output on multiple sides at the same time with a fluid ejector upgrade. Even when you have 1 imput and 1 output, sometimes the ejector upgrade may eject the fluid in the wrong side where the imput should be, if the said imputing machine got empty and had room to receive and was the first valid side it will receive liquid, leaving no room for actual imput liquid to be transported and also ruining the whole system.
    I would also like to underline the fact that I'm only giving some examples and showing you why I consider the idea of an ic2 pipe (with or without EU) very good, I've got nothing against you or your idea and I'd like to apologise if this discusion seemed like an argument since that was not my intention.

• Here's an example why your idea may not work in some cases, even at short distances:
    Imagine you have something really complicated that outputs to multiple sides and gets it's imput on one, you can't output on multiple sides at the same time with a fluid ejector upgrade. Even when you have 1 imput and 1 output, sometimes the ejector upgrade may eject the fluid in the wrong side where the imput should be, if the said imputing machine got empty and had room to receive and was the first valid side it will receive liquid, leaving no room for actual imput liquid to be transported and also ruining the whole system.
    I would also like to underline the fact that I'm only giving some examples and showing you why I consider the idea of an ic2 pipe (with or without EU) very good, I've got nothing against you or your idea and I'd like to apologise if this discusion seemed like an argument since that was not my intention.

Wait, what about multiple fluid ejector upgrades configured to different output sides? Admittedly inefficient, but it should technically work.

I'm puzzled that nobody has discussed yet how difficult it would be to migrate some of the GT fluid pipes to IC2 - the first four tiers (wooden, copper, bronze, and steel) use materials that are available with just IC2.

I'm not sure how well the part about transfering EU as well will go over, though - it's starting to sound like Ender IO, which iirc some members here consider overpowered.

Wait, what about multiple fluid ejector upgrades configured to different output sides? Admittedly inefficient, but it should technically work.

I'm puzzled that nobody has discussed yet how difficult it would be to migrate some of the GT fluid pipes to IC2 - the first four tiers (wooden, copper, bronze, and steel) use materials that are available with just IC2.

I'm not sure how well the part about transfering EU as well will go over, though - it's starting to sound like Ender IO, which iirc some members here consider overpowered.

Well there is no such thing yet as fluid ejector upgrades configured to different output sides yet, at the moment you could add as many fluid ejector upgrades as you can fit in there and it will be the same as 1 since they select the first valid side, the idea isn't bad though, could be quite usefull not to mention pretty cool.

• Well there is no such thing yet as fluid ejector upgrades configured to different output sides yet, at the moment you could add as many fluid ejector upgrades as you can fit in there and it will be the same as 1 since they select the first valid side, the idea isn't bad though, could be quite usefull not to mention pretty cool.

I beg to differ. I can't find the wiki documentation of it right now, but I know from personal experience that it's possible to sneak-click the side of a block with a fluid ejector upgrade to make it output to that side, instead of the first valid side. I'm fairly sure that functionality has been there for at least a year.

• I beg to differ. I can't find the wiki documentation of it right now, but I know from personal experience that it's possible to sneak-click the side of a block with a fluid ejector upgrade to make it output to that side, instead of the first valid side. I'm fairly sure that functionality has been there for at least a year

You're right, I just tried it and it did work, I never knew about this before.