[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• Now that we have these massive Solar Arrays, can you also make a better Generator and a new Energy Storage Solution, theres no way to store all the energy coming from a HV Solar Array. A Storage with about 10Billion EU and an EV Output of 2048EU/t would be cool!

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• Yes. It is incompatible? ?(

By default they have conflicting GUI IDs. You need to change the IDs of one or both in their configs, and make sure all your clients have the new configs.
    By coincidence, I had that problem just before you posted it - nobody on our server was using the forcefields yet, so we just deleted that addon because it's easier.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• By default they have conflicting GUI IDs. You need to change the IDs of one or both in their configs, and make sure all your clients have the new configs.
    By coincidence, I had that problem just before you posted it - nobody on our server was using the forcefields yet, so we just deleted that addon because it's easier.

OK thank you!

• So what will happen with ADV Machines now when IC^2 gets overclock upgrades to regular machines?

Dunno but I just saw direwolf's video too and they look cool. I wonder if induction furnace will be retrograded to the new scheme?

I think the new part- solar arrays- is probably safe going forward for a bit. Smart move by you there zipp ;) to be honest when we were waiting for the 1.0 update al pretty much indicated that he'd be doing something "else" and now we can see what that is :)

Most likely I think we should at least recompile for 1.1 with no new features, for upgraders. Maybe disable building them. What do you think zipp?

• Heh just had an idea. How about a new machine : a parts stripper. Put in an ic2 machine and get 50-75% of parts building it back again? Allow people to incrementally upgrade their old style adv machines to new style ones.

Idea would be one input slot bunch of output slots like a craft table in reverse.
    I think that might be a new mod though ;)

• Official Post

Dunno but I just saw direwolf's video too and they look cool. I wonder if induction furnace will be retrograded to the new scheme?

I think the new part- solar arrays- is probably safe going forward for a bit. Smart move by you there zipp ;) to be honest when we were waiting for the 1.0 update al pretty much indicated that he'd be doing something "else" and now we can see what that is :)

Most likely I think we should at least recompile for 1.1 with no new features, for upgraders. Maybe disable building them. What do you think zipp?

If I disable recipes, it'd be a config setting. I'll also state that the initial update will be a simple port. As simple as porting a mod of a mod can be, that is.

• So what will happen with ADV Machines now when IC^2 gets overclock upgrades to regular machines?

If Adv. Machines gets the same upgrades, then the reason to use the advanced machines it to:

Save Energy.
    Save Materials.*

*: Costs a ton to get a bunch of the upgrades.

Edit: This is ignoring the fact that it saves omgwtfalot of space with the Solar Arrays.

Also... EV Array? :D

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Can you please make an upgraded version of the recycler i hate having to use 2-4 recyclers to have a steady of scrap.
    P.S. This is my favourite IC2 Add-on

I suggest you watch direwolf20's IC1.62 preview video. I suspect that the recycler is getting the same treatment as the other machines with "upgrade" slots and upgrader items. Not certain (direwolf didn't show it) but it seems a safe bet.. So, I doubt there's any point in adding advanced recyclers because they're superceded by the new stuff in core IC2.

@Zipp, totally agree, disabling recipes should start out as a config option.. I just think it'd be nice way to "encourage" people to use the core stuff...

• I know that we've discussed the recycler in cpw's thread, I'd like to consolidate the energy storage idea with a relevent adv 'machine' MV/HV Electrolyzers. The current one (assuming it hasn't got the upgrade template that basic machines are getting) the current model is less than LV (even if it's buffed with v1.6x to bring it in line with the v1.4x power changes).

I really like the Adv Solar Panel method of bundling 8 existing into an upgrade. Maybe the MV GUI could have a single chests worth of storage to store both uncharged and charged cells (and the obvious chargeing/discharging speed). HV I think should require something other than water cells, or a doublechest's worth. Ideally for EV I'd like to see almost reactor safety measures maybe using depleated and fresh fuel cells?

• ok, now I have a problem...

Well you know that test HV array item... well now in one server I can't log into game because my player is in creative mode and thats to NEI bug it spawned that bugged item in my hand so thing is quite bad, I can't log in, and admin tried to remove the item from my bag but it didn't help either.

so hmm, it seems things are quite complicated because of the item left in, I don't see why was it bad to remove it and release quick bugfix.

• First off, love the advanced solar panels. It's nice having 192 solar panel worth in 3 little squares.

one request though: Any chance of getting the LV, MV and HV ones looking a little different so someone can tell them apart at a glance?

• Official Post

First off, love the advanced solar panels. It's nice having 192 solar panel worth in 3 little squares.

one request though: Any chance of getting the LV, MV and HV ones looking a little different so someone can tell them apart at a glance?

That's what the bottom textures are for.

ok, now I have a problem...

Well you know that test HV array item... well now in one server I can't log into game because my player is in creative mode and thats to NEI bug it spawned that bugged item in my hand so thing is quite bad, I can't log in, and admin tried to remove the item from my bag but it didn't help either.

so hmm, it seems things are quite complicated because of the item left in, I don't see why was it bad to remove it and release quick bugfix.

It would have, except for the fact that TMI and NEI are not in my considerations when setting up these mods. Thus, the "glitched" block is a non-item, incapable of obtaining, and is safe. TMI and NEI break the game anyway, so if my mod confirms it, then oh well. As a note though, it'll be gone in the ported version.

• I'd like to ask:

What are your goals for this mod now that 1.62 has been released? Do you see the need to continue?

Obviously, the advanced machines still have uses not in core ic, especially considering the solar arrays.