[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• Just to touch on the debate over power cost balance, keep in mind that for intermittent use, Advanced Machines are quite costly to keep idling in terms of EU cost per finished product. In one minecraft day-night cycle, a single idling machine draws 12,000 EU. If several days go by between uses, macerating a stack of ore just got pretty energy intensive if you amortize the idle cost per stack.

Granted, that becomes less of an issue the more activity the machine does. If an advanced machine is working constantly (i.e. fed by BC quarries), the idle cost becomes a non-issue and they become a real energy saver.

I'm not arguing against advanced machines--quite the contrary in fact. I'm just saying that for applications with low intermediate use, there is a place for IC2 machines with overclockers. I'm not sure where the break-even point is in EU use, but at some use-levels there would be a net EU savings using an overclocked machine vs maintaining an idling advanced machine.

On a side note, thanks for your hard work Zippinus. Looking forward to getting those solar panels back. :)

• Yes like Killerbees said (btw KB I love your LP :) anything us the community can do to help you guys get this out faster? So many server hosts are waiting on it and tons of us other folks are as well. Not trying to be pushy just curious as to why this addon seems to be the mod that is taking the longest to catch up. Hope you guys get it sorted out soon, and CPW if zipps gives you the go ahead on a quick port of the old version to 1.1 as a temp solution until hes done doing whatever that would be fantastic, currently I don't really need any new features from adv.machines personally hehe. That's just me though. Thanks for all the hard work you guys

• Yeah not sure whats going on. I'm not sure on the mods attentions if its someone like Eloraam then eh no point replying hehe. But if your someone who is doing for the people not for self goals maybe considering giving permission to touch it and maybe even zip up the source or through it on github and such. I bet someone would even run you a CI/Jenkins for auto compiles and more.. If you need donations I'm sure a few of us are willing. But we need to know more why its taking so long vs more complex mods and if your really busy can you state that you don't mind people doing temp versions or even taking over.

Thanks and please don't view this as an insult consider this someone who is a giant fan trying to find the best solution.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Official Post

OK, calm down everyone. The mod is currently in an extremely buggy alpha version. All prior versions of this mod were deeply ingrained in the IC2 basecode, and the increasing difficulty in de/recompiling it has necessitated the recoding of this mod to only use the open-source API. This means that portions of the code are being completely rewritten to complete this task. Once the MAJOR bugs are removed, I'll probably post it up as a beta version. I'm hoping no later than Monday, but I make no promises. I will however post an update either way by then.

• OK, calm down everyone. The mod is currently in an extremely buggy alpha version. All prior versions of this mod were deeply ingrained in the IC2 basecode, and the increasing difficulty in de/recompiling it has necessitated the recoding of this mod to only use the open-source API. This means that portions of the code are being completely rewritten to complete this task. Once the MAJOR bugs are removed, I'll probably post it up as a beta version. I'm hoping no later than Monday, but I make no promises. I will however post an update either way by then.

Sweet. Stalk See you on Monday!

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• OK, calm down everyone. The mod is currently in an extremely buggy alpha version. All prior versions of this mod were deeply ingrained in the IC2 basecode, and the increasing difficulty in de/recompiling it has necessitated the recoding of this mod to only use the open-source API. This means that portions of the code are being completely rewritten to complete this task. Once the MAJOR bugs are removed, I'll probably post it up as a beta version. I'm hoping no later than Monday, but I make no promises. I will however post an update either way by then.

Sweet. If you want, I'm willing to test the Alpha versions.

But, if not, then I can't wait for Monday.

That's AWESOME!!! Thanks! Best guess as the new code stands now... how many Block IDs should it consume? I'm struggling on available IDs all around and want to ensure I have enough available once you release :thumbup:

Thanks again

• That's AWESOME!!! Thanks! Best guess as the new code stands now... how many Block IDs should it consume? I'm struggling on available IDs all around and want to ensure I have enough available once you release :thumbup:

Thanks again

I'm assuming that, considering Forge's ability to shove several blocks under one ID, the most Zip will be using probably is two. One for the machines, one for the Solar Arrays.

• I'm assuming that, considering Forge's ability to shove several blocks under one ID, the most Zip will be using probably is two. One for the machines, one for the Solar Arrays.

that would be good. and i find that rp, bc, and ic2 dont use anything in the 200-210 range *hint hint*

• I'm assuming that, considering Forge's ability to shove several blocks under one ID, the most Zip will be using probably is two. One for the machines, one for the Solar Arrays.

That's how it was in the previous version, and barring any additional functionality I see no reason why that would change.

• That's how it was in the previous version, and barring any additional functionality I see no reason why that would change.

Unless using the API automagically lets him use the same block IDs as the other machines. Not sure on that, as I'm bad at code.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Were waiting for this to be updated and then ported before we update the server. I dont say this as a please hurry, im fully prepared to wait. What im curoiuse about is worrying me a bit is what will happen to existing items in worlds, the reason we havent updated is we have about 5 hv solar panels in the world, at a high cost to the players (no debate about that im fine with them and thier cost, perfect balance) if we update now we lose them, but if the remake of this mod will lose them anyway i would much rather know that in advance and update our server while i have free time and then re-add your mod when available

so i guess what im asking is, will this effect already made hv/mv/lv solar panels.

• so i guess what im asking is, will this effect already made hv/mv/lv solar panels.

If the code for the Arrays are the same, and the block IDs are the same, it should work.

To be safe (change in code or not), before upgrading tell your users to store all their arrays in their inventory/chests. Then you would only need to worry about matching the IDs. (I think.)

• I have Advanced machines for MC 1.8.1 ( i know its a bit outdated) and mian problem is rotary macerator - it wont work with IC^2 (1.337b) copper and tin (ores, bars). Its bug of version v2.1 which i using?