[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• An advanced water gen might be interesting. But should be modular, like multiple blocks next to each other.

Personally I think he should hit Recyclers first, then the Canning Machines, before generators. Get all the Machines first, then the Generators.

But that's just me.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Found a bug with the SMP version.. If you create a diamond gear you get a rotary macerator after removing the diamond gear. Tested it multiple times in multiple ways, works in SMP but not in single player. Im running the Craft bukkit 3.2 version using IC2 and BC plus other mods from
    http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=1037.0 site..

That sounds like a config file mismatch between server and client. Especially because it doesn't happen in SSP.

• zippinus: I wanted to know why you are not putting this mod open source? Making it open source would enable others to give you input and help you on coding it. Seeing as you are a busy person that would greatly benefit you and others. (Sorry if this was already brought up)

• Not sure if this is a but I cant use a lever or any redstone power to make the Advanced Machines run without anything in them.

Are you in Singleplayer or SMP? I know it does not work currently in SMP, but that is not a huge surprise given that it is SSP only. Hoping the bugs get worked out soon, but thanks for all the work you have put in already!

• Are you in Singleplayer or SMP? I know it does not work currently in SMP, but that is not a huge surprise given that it is SSP only. Hoping the bugs get worked out soon, but thanks for all the work you have put in already!

Ah I was not aware it was SSP only since mcportcentral had it for bukkit I thought all was fine and dandy lol.

• So judging from above can it be said that solar panels work fine in smp? But machines dont?
    because if thats the case I will update the server now and people can keep their power but test the new stuff while we wait :p I assume theres no config changes or item id changes?

• So judging from above can it be said that solar panels work fine in smp? But machines dont?
    because if thats the case I will update the server now and people can keep their power but test the new stuff while we wait :p I assume theres no config changes or item id changes?

I installed on mah bukkit this evening. Didn't test the machines because I'm happy with the overclockers. I did try one of each compact solar, just stuck it directly on top of the appropriately sized storage unit, and the unit started filling up as expected.

You'll want to check the block IDs on your current system and update if necessary after you upgrade. I had to shuffle a lot of IDs around to get everything working on my 1.0.0 server and when we upgraded to 1.1, all the LV solars became blocks from another mod. I doubt they've changed but I would check your system to be sure.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Me and my players would just love if the SMP version would get un-bugged, or how to say...

If there is anything I can do the this to get done, please let me know - either here in the forum, or preferable PM me...
    I'm no programmer or modder - I'm just your average gamer... but I just love this "MOD-Addon"

somehow I do not understand why the IC-team, just doesn't adopt you and your mod - the machines you have created with this MOD are an absolute MUST in IC, the "ordinary" ones aren't just sufficient enough (and to noisy) !!!

"Please help me Obi Wan Kenobi - You are my only hope..... !! "
    Or let me help you, if I can

//MG0

• I installed on mah bukkit this evening. Didn't test the machines because I'm happy with the overclockers. I did try one of each compact solar, just stuck it directly on top of the appropriately sized storage unit, and the unit started filling up as expected.

You'll want to check the block IDs on your current system and update if necessary after you upgrade. I had to shuffle a lot of IDs around to get everything working on my 1.0.0 server and when we upgraded to 1.1, all the LV solars became blocks from another mod. I doubt they've changed but I would check your system to be sure.

Yeah I just realised the ported version is beta 1, the one which doesnt have a working config. Thats a pain cause I was midway through building my server and client jars before I realised lol. Might wait a few more days.

• Yeah I just realised the ported version is beta 1, the one which doesnt have a working config. Thats a pain cause I was midway through building my server and client jars before I realised lol. Might wait a few more days.

Huh? There's only one "version" of SMP and it's the one I ported.

• Huh? There's only one "version" of SMP and it's the one I ported.

Yeah thats the one according to the mcportcentral which is version r1.

Advanced Machines3.2 beta1 r1 cpw Downloadfor 1.1-R3 - IC² 1.64

Beta1 had errors such as no working config file and shift click problems didnt it? Beta2 which is the current version fixed those.

• So, now direwolf20 had a mod spotlight for the 1.65 version of industrial craft 2. This means that in the next time there will be another wave of updates for mods (so i think for this mod then too or not?). There are also serveral changes to the batbox and other storage devices. Take a look who is intrested.

• Yeah thats the one according to the mcportcentral which is version r1.

Beta1 had errors such as no working config file and shift click problems didnt it? Beta2 which is the current version fixed those.

There are two versions of the client. But the bukkit port is not a port of the client. It's a port of the server. Of which there only exists ONE version. THIS ONE: http://forum.industrial-craft.…ad&postID=39264#post39264

There may or may not be config file issues in any version of this code. I suspect the config file issue exists in all versions to be honest.

Here is a sample config file, put it in config/IC2AdvancedMachine.cfg and edit to your heart's content.

• Hopefully the changes will be minimal between versions for mod hooks and people can upgrade quickly :/

Nah, looking at what's going on there, it looks like there's going to be a pretty big tile entity update, which means Zipp is going to have to rewrite his TE code again, and that's the bit that's HARD. Sadly. I wish the API could get us some base Tile Entities so we didn't have to deal with this crapfest on every upgrade. It's pretty frustrating. I note that they do it for the Crop stuff so I think I'm going to request a base "electric machine entity and block" for the API so that we don't have to keep dealing with this every time an upgrade comes down the pipe.

The other possibility is that IC2 doesn't want us adding custom machines to the game. That's a possibility I suppose.

• Official Post

That's not how you're supposed to do it.

The API provides everything required to create a fully functional adv. machine addon (EnergyNet/battery/wrench interaction, recipe import, recipe ingredients) without linking to core files. The addon does need to duplicate some of our code ofc, but as soon as you've done that it doesn't matter at all if/how our internal TEs/structures change.

We'll try to create some example code for how to use the API correctly and probably also add some of our utility stuff to the API (networking code, client/server abstraction, audio (after the rewrite), keyboard synchronization, gui handling etc.) once it's stable enough and time allows to do so.