[AddOn v1.15] Advanced Solar Panel 1.2

• Regardless, it still takes 1.75M EU (even with scrap) to generate the iridium for one panel, regardless of its source. And that panel will have to run for three daylight hours to recoup that investment. No matter where the power comes from, you're still in the red until then - and if you don't think an outlay of 1.75M EU to craft a power generator is an absurd expense, I don't know what to tell you.

I was pleased to see that someone had updated the mod - and let down by the ridiculous expense that makes the whole thing pointless.

• Regardless, it still takes 1.75M EU (even with scrap) to generate the iridium for one panel, regardless of its source. And that panel will have to run for three daylight hours to recoup that investment. No matter where the power comes from, you're still in the red until then - and if you don't think an outlay of 1.75M EU to craft a power generator is an absurd expense, I don't know what to tell you.

I was pleased to see that someone had updated the mod - and let down by the ridiculous expense that makes the whole thing pointless.

Agreed. Really, the Iridium is overdone (I know we need uses for it, but I think it should be used in a T3 solar panel). Keep Adv. Alloy for this and another tier would use the Iridium.

Assuming everyone is in favour of a T3 generator.

• I have it, thanks. I downloaded it but just wasn't sure of using it because the discussion seemed to imply that there were some in-game issues.

It's good wBhen you and cpw take the initiative to update great addons for 1.23, but sometimes the gist of the new work gets lost in the many pages of discussion.

BTW Arsenic, I installed your fix (modified the .cfg to 8 instead of 11 as I feel 11 is a bit too much) and plopped a couple down on my wind farm platform. Not that I need the extra power but I had the space for a pair. I like what you did, and would like to share the 64x texture sheet I made for it.

http://img.photobucket.com/alb…ft/AdvancedSolarPanel.png

The textures were not initially created by me (credit goes to the author of the Soartex-compatible IC-1 textures) but I made some minor modifications to color balance to set their appearance apart from basic solars. I hope you enjoy them.

• current mod ver 1.15 is not compatible with BC 2.2.5, when I try to open Filler GUI from BC 2.2.5 with installed AdvSolarPAnel - Client crash (in SMP version only) and crash client only

• I only read like four pages of the thread, so I don't know if I am the first person to ask this question; but is it possible you could release some (or part) of your source?

I myself would love to make modifications for IC2 (SSP / SMP) and am looking for a skeleton plug-in to work from at the moment.

Also: Where do I get the server zip (My friend has it, can't seem to find it. Your zip works as the client, but when placed on the server too; the recipes are not activated server-side (odd?))

• -- Mod, please merge this and the above post --

Alright, and the SMP recipe is ridiculously expensive in my opinion. As you get Advanced Machiens (R. Macerator, etc) you have one MV storage device, and perhaps (no) Glass Fiber Cabling (as it isn't required at this point.

Along that line of ... resources:

You will have one (MFE?), and the machines. Perhaps a small solar flower (radius 3) with original solar panels, which fills the MFE in like an hour (real time). That's not too bad, and the solar panels itself in that tiny arrangement with copper piping is enough to run the R. Macerator and an I Furnace (both charging and idle).

The iridum paneling however... you won't be able to get that for another week (if you played an hour a day, or whatever). You would need an MSFU, HV stuff, and a reactor.. or a lot of solar petals. (ie: four petal solar flower with large petals (3+ radius.))

Might as well just stick with Mark-II or so reactor with that SMP recipe.

• current mod ver 1.15 is not compatible with BC 2.2.5, when I try to open Filler GUI from BC 2.2.5 with installed AdvSolarPAnel - Client crash (in SMP version only) and crash client only

Cannot replicate.
    Must be some bug in the new version that guy tried to make, because I'm running Arsenic's tempfix 3, and it works fine.
    Only the storage amount on the interface actually works, but you don't really even need the interface to begin with...

• PLS

IT IS FRIGGIN PLANES COMPATIBLE. If you write pls because it is shorter than please, i write no because it is shorter than yes. Im in a good mood today, so i will tell you to read the planes post for notes on forge compatibility.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Goes into config - Daylight EMC: 2048
    Moonlight EMC: 2048
    Ha, there's a nuclear reactor thats safe and cannot explode if used with a HV transformer hooked upto a mfsu.
    100 Mil EU in 10 Mins :P

• Goes into config - Daylight EMC: 2048
    Moonlight EMC: 2048
    Ha, there's a nuclear reactor thats safe and cannot explode if used with a HV transformer hooked upto a mfsu.
    100 Mil EU in 10 Mins :P

*facepalm* welcome to moron town...
    aka: necrobump much? the thread was from *LAST YEAR* and you go and post something useless.
    double aka: this addon is dead, there's other ones that do the same thing now.

• Ok.

THAT IS IT YOU FUCKBOTS!
    NUKES INBOUND!
    :Coal Dust: :Coal Dust: :Coal Dust: :Coal Dust: :Coal Dust: :Coal Dust: :Coal Dust: :Coal Dust: :Coal Dust: :Coal Dust:
    :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT:
    :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT:
    :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator:
    :Bronze Leggings: :Bronze Leggings: :Bronze Leggings: :Bronze Leggings: :Bronze Leggings: :Bronze Leggings: :Bronze Leggings: :Bronze Leggings: :Bronze Leggings: :Bronze Leggings:

AND MAY THE GREAT AND MIGHTY DRAGONLORD BAN
    THESE SPAMBOT'S IP ANDRESS FOR ETERNITY!
    SAME GOES FOR THE SPAMBOT BELOW!
    V