[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Unidye Reborn "Dye all the Q-Suits!"

• Unhappy that you can't dye things with a machine? Lacking an automatic way to have your clay stained? Well you (somewhat) can now!

Here at Unidye® Inc, we strive to provide the highest quality dying technologies at the lowest of prices. With literally years of experience doing it manually, and about a week doing it automatically, you too can now enjoy automated dying.

I'm re-writing Unidye 8) It's still early on with only the Wool Dying Machine (and NEI support) implemented, but it's a fun journey of discovery to see all the questionable methods LinusPhoenix was using to make things work.

Current Features

• Well, the Wool Dying Plant has a recipe, it works. Currently wool, hardened clay, glass and glass panes can be coloured, should work with any ore dict dye, will be easier to test when I actually have more than just vanilla dyes to test with.
    • The Armour Dying Plant has a recipe and works perfectly to dye leather armour. It also perfectly dyes Quantum Armour, but IC2 doesn't actually change it's colour :|
    • The Unidye dye is back for all your dye replicating needs, as well as the non-exploit dyes to avoid exploits with Unidye
    • The Electric Fishing Rod hurts a lot if you shank some one with it, and makes cool noises when it "fishes"
    • The Quantum Suit (and Cauldron) are ASM-patched into dying working, or cleaning working in the Cauldron's case.
    • The config file generates, and 1/9 of the options (sort of) work.

Planned Features

• Everything else in Unidye.
    • Fix the fishing things so they actually fish out of the Fisher
    • A machine to dye leather + quantum armour
    • ASM fix dying quantum?

Current Bugs

• Machine rotation
    • Potentially server-client syncing, don't have a server to properly test it though ;) Can't see anywhere that it could pose a problem though.
    • The config maybe be ignored/not used
    • Electric Fishing rod's damage bar likes to ignore right click
    • Electric Fishing rod is ineffective at catching fish
    • Some items, including the Electric Fishing rod, are still WIP

Changelog

• 0.5 - Added ability to dye Quantum Armour directly via ASMing IC2, also unused half baked solution lying around in phnxflms.unidye.QSuitPatching that was my testing to getting it working ;)
    • 0.4 - Added custom dyes, including Unidye, and some items back (including the steam upgrade) as well as fixing crash bug with dying quantum. Probably some other minor things too I forgot
    • 0.3 - Added Armour Dying Machine, made dying machine generally more expandable
    • 0.2 - Fixed NEI handler being really derpy, fixed Wool Dying Machine's recipe not actually being there, added glass + glass panes dying option, cleaned up some messy things
    • 0.1 - First release

Files

• unidye-0.1.jar

(119.81 kB, downloaded 162 times, last: )
    • unidye-0.2.jar

(124.01 kB, downloaded 133 times, last: )
    • unidye-0.3.jar

(137.44 kB, downloaded 144 times, last: )
    • unidye-0.4.jar

(166.98 kB, downloaded 160 times, last: )
    • unidye-0.5.jar

(182.99 kB, downloaded 274 times, last: )

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Chocohead: New version \o/ ().

• That's down to interpretation, the actual Unidye item can be used both as a wildcard and a random dye depending on the situation, so it's still only really one coloured dye. I guess Quantum Dye would be just as accurate. Also Unidye sounds better than Multidye.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Dyeable Quantum Armour was a feature Greg worked on but never got round to fixing/finishing from what I remember. The glass and leather suggestions are good ideas.

I see this too much.

• Version 0.3 brings the Armour Dying Machine so that Aroma can dye all his leather clothes on the train, and fix the Quantum Suit not respecting it's dye colour ;)

I see this too much.

• Like referring to himself in the third person? :P

I see this too much.

• Aroma currently has other things to do than fixing the Q-Suit's dyability...

Maybe you will do it if I tell you it is impossible to do! Because then you are going to try to prove me wrong! Oh wait, you aren't murican.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Got this while was trying to dye quantum armor.
    http://pastebin.com/NDv9d1Yh

Hmmmm. That's probably on IC2's side as I don't directly modify any of the NBT data. Q-suit armour dying never seemed to actually change the colour of the armour anyway, guess I should just disable that feature until it's actually working in IC2. Or have a go at overriding it so it does work. One of those.

EDIT: Found the bug in IC2, I'll see what I can do it work around it.

EDIT EDIT: 0.4 seems to fix it, as well as adding a bunch of other things I forgot I put in.

I see this too much.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Chocohead ().

• Version 0.5 out, adds in Quantum Suit dying, so that it's not only a feature of the Armour Dying Machine ;)

I see this too much.