[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Unidye Reborn "Dye all the Q-Suits!"

• Official Post

Unhappy that you can't dye things with a machine? Lacking an automatic way to have your clay stained? Well you (somewhat) can now!

Here at Unidye® Inc, we strive to provide the highest quality dying technologies at the lowest of prices. With literally years of experience doing it manually, and about a week doing it automatically, you too can now enjoy automated dying.

I'm re-writing Unidye 8) It's still early on with only the Wool Dying Machine (and NEI support) implemented, but it's a fun journey of discovery to see all the questionable methods LinusPhoenix was using to make things work.

Current Features

• Well, the Wool Dying Plant has a recipe, it works. Currently wool, hardened clay, glass and glass panes can be coloured, should work with any ore dict dye, will be easier to test when I actually have more than just vanilla dyes to test with.
    • The Armour Dying Plant has a recipe and works perfectly to dye leather armour. It also perfectly dyes Quantum Armour, but IC2 doesn't actually change it's colour :|
    • The Unidye dye is back for all your dye replicating needs, as well as the non-exploit dyes to avoid exploits with Unidye
    • The Electric Fishing Rod hurts a lot if you shank some one with it, and makes cool noises when it "fishes"
    • The Quantum Suit (and Cauldron) are ASM-patched into dying working, or cleaning working in the Cauldron's case.
    • The config file generates, and 1/9 of the options (sort of) work.

Planned Features

• Everything else in Unidye.
    • Fix the fishing things so they actually fish out of the Fisher
    • A machine to dye leather + quantum armour
    • ASM fix dying quantum?

Current Bugs

• Machine rotation
    • Potentially server-client syncing, don't have a server to properly test it though ;) Can't see anywhere that it could pose a problem though.
    • The config maybe be ignored/not used
    • Electric Fishing rod's damage bar likes to ignore right click
    • Electric Fishing rod is ineffective at catching fish
    • Some items, including the Electric Fishing rod, are still WIP

Changelog

• 0.5 - Added ability to dye Quantum Armour directly via ASMing IC2, also unused half baked solution lying around in phnxflms.unidye.QSuitPatching that was my testing to getting it working ;)
    • 0.4 - Added custom dyes, including Unidye, and some items back (including the steam upgrade) as well as fixing crash bug with dying quantum. Probably some other minor things too I forgot
    • 0.3 - Added Armour Dying Machine, made dying machine generally more expandable
    • 0.2 - Fixed NEI handler being really derpy, fixed Wool Dying Machine's recipe not actually being there, added glass + glass panes dying option, cleaned up some messy things
    • 0.1 - First release
    • Official Post

That's down to interpretation, the actual Unidye item can be used both as a wildcard and a random dye depending on the situation, so it's still only really one coloured dye. I guess Quantum Dye would be just as accurate. Also Unidye sounds better than Multidye.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Dyeable Quantum Armour was a feature Greg worked on but never got round to fixing/finishing from what I remember. The glass and leather suggestions are good ideas.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Version 0.3 brings the Armour Dying Machine so that Aroma can dye all his leather clothes on the train, and fix the Quantum Suit not respecting it's dye colour ;)

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Like referring to himself in the third person? :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Got this while was trying to dye quantum armor.
    http://pastebin.com/NDv9d1Yh

Hmmmm. That's probably on IC2's side as I don't directly modify any of the NBT data. Q-suit armour dying never seemed to actually change the colour of the armour anyway, guess I should just disable that feature until it's actually working in IC2. Or have a go at overriding it so it does work. One of those.

EDIT: Found the bug in IC2, I'll see what I can do it work around it.

EDIT EDIT: 0.4 seems to fix it, as well as adding a bunch of other things I forgot I put in.

I see this too much.

Edited 2 times, last by Chocohead ().

• Official Post

Version 0.5 out, adds in Quantum Suit dying, so that it's not only a feature of the Armour Dying Machine ;)

I see this too much.