[Question] BugFix release before 1.8.x release? (NOT ASKING FOR DATES!)

• Official Post

Hey guys,

Just curious if a decision has been made regarding a bug fix release for 1.7.3? I'd like to use a few things (Specifically teleporters) in my 1.7.3 lets play, and I'm curious if I'll be able to. I've seen a few comments around the forums where the devs say they have fixed certain bugs (Induction furnances and BC pipes, for example) as well as teleporters exploding and missing recipes in the 'next release'.

I of course understand if you aren't, 1.7.3 is depreciated at this point, and I would totally understand if you didn't want to support that version of the game :)

I also realize that MCForge isn't updated to 1.8.1 yet.

I am not asking for release dates -- Just want to know if there will or will not be a bug fix release that supports 1.7.3 so I can plan out my Lets Play

Thanks in advance, please don't ban me :). Love this mod!

-Direwolf

• Plz make a version to MC 1.8 SSP

The minecraft BETA end in day 11/11/11
    Need 52 days to release

With this number i can say: The minecraft 1.9 will release in approximately 30 days

Thanks and sorry my bad english

• Depending on which shit stuff he implements with 1.9 and 1.10 we will probably release a IC² version running for 1.8, 1.9 or 1.10 .
    I would recommend backing up server and client jar from each release date.

Did anyone else notice how stupid it is to call a version of 1.10, which could be mistaken with 1.1(.0) ?

I was thinking the same thing

wont it be good when there is no more stupid beta then modders can not have to worry about porting but can actually focus on modding

MinecraftChicken is yummy
    MinecraftCow is mooey
    MinecraftPig is oinky
    :Mining Laser: is pewy
    MinecraftCreeper is EXPLOSIVE!!
    RUN AWAY!!

• Official Post

your date is incorrect that was the original idea but he changed the date to the week after (i think) because of different reasons..... although 11/11/11 is rememberence day for us brittish people.... so thought that it being a release date was annoying to say the least lol

• I was thinking the same thing

wont it be good when there is no more stupid beta then modders can not have to worry about porting but can actually focus on modding

i totally agree with you but im doubting thats gonna happen anytime soon as notch cant decide what hes gonna add or take out or change at a whim

• Depending on which shit stuff he implements with 1.9 and 1.10 we will probably release a IC² version running for 1.8, 1.9 or 1.10 .

Did anyone else notice how stupid it is to call a version of 1.10, which could be mistaken with 1.1(.0) ?

Thanks for the update! I can't wait to fit out a stronghold with solar panels and store my spent fuel rods down in an abandoned mine!

Oh yeah, I noticed. I hope he just skips 1.10 in favor of full release. Actually, when i first read the announcement of 1.10, I thought "what the hell is he doing re-releasing 1.1.0?". Then i re-read, but it is kinda stupid. Just go up to 2.0.X Also, agreed on the first statement. A good bit of the new stuff is a bit silly. Then a gain, a good bit aint. I do like the new lighting engine (as opposed to smooth lighting, which just increases lag and CPU usage).

Have yet to blow up any Reactor . It's only a matter of time, though. Actually, I may go for a CASUC design, but doubtful.
    "Are you sure this will work?"(My friends)
    "I have no idea! Let's do it anyways!"(Me.)

Generation 27 The first time you see this, put it in your signature and add 1 to the number. Call it a social science pyramid scheme.

• Ballsy move to speak of the unspeakable, Direwolf! :D
    God knows how hard it is not to ask the forbidden question, especially when my friends keep bugging me about upgrading our IC server multiple times EVERY DAY! I would enforce the "ask for release date = ban" rule on our forums as well, but one of them owes me money and another one has a really hot sister. :whistling:

Anyway... a 1.9 release would be the most logic step I guess. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you guys to keep up with those updates.

Take your time, we'll wait patiently (you know that's a lie, don't you?)!

• Yeah, Forge must've been updated and published within about the last 24 hours. Yesterday, I didn't see the whole "1.10 version" link, pretty sure it said "1.0.7" or something like that.