yogscast mod spotlight on buildcraft

• This might be useful. The MediaFire terms of service include this line.

If your copyrighted or trademarked works are on the MediaFire website without your permission, please contact describing the work that has been infringed, where it is located on the website, and provide your contact information and a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner, or authorized by the owner, of the copyrighted or trademarked work. Illegal files will be removed immediately after notice with sufficient information.

• Official Post

i'm watching them too,it seems like 50% of the commentors didnt know about any of these mods before this...

I'm all for increasing the promotion of the great mods people spend countless hours of their free time making. I just don't like the way it's being handled with the pack and don't think it should be allowed.

• I'm all for increasing the promotion of the great mods people spend countless hours of their free time making. I just don't like the way it's being handled with the pack and don't think it should be allowed.

i agree with you,half of the creators of the mods in the pack are against redistribution.

• Half you guys are idiots.
    Yes they are endorsing the pack, HOWEVER, they are giving credit to ALL THE MODS USED in the description, so blame the modpack creator, not the yogscast, THEY'RE CREDITING THE MODS PEOPLE. Take down the pack I don't care, but don't blame the fucking yogscast when they're trying to give credit to all the mod creators, idiots.
    Jesus.
    So bash the modpack creator, NOT THE YOGSCAST.

Yes they are endorsing the pack, HOWEVER, they are giving credit to ALL THE MODS USED in the description, so blame the modpack creator, not the yogscast, THEY'RE CREDITING THE MODS PEOPLE. Take down the pack I don't care, but don't blame the fucking yogscast when they're trying to give credit to all the mod creators, idiots.
    Jesus.

Several of us are... I'm mostly angry at the damn goon who began this... and the Yogtards merely played into his hand by using his pack to do a featured video with their following...

If anything, I wish a Forge Pack could be made, but it's been stated that such packs are against other developer's design...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

Jesus.

The request is simple, take down the mediafire link, and the mentioning of the modpack. Cut off the middleman.

Why Yogscast get partial blame? Let me explain this from my understanding.
    We agree that unauthorized modpack is bad, right?
    Can we agree that Yogscast's staff understand that modpack is bad? Well, let's branch this off to two possibility.
    a. If Yogscast's staff do not understand that modpack is not genuinely OK, it is time for them to learn that it is not OK and fix whatever they can do , which they has yet to do at the time of this post (removing the link and the mentioning of the modpack)
    b. If the Yogscast's staff do understand the controversy against the modpack, give me an excuse to why they bother to put the link to the modpack, credit to the compiler of the modpack along the side of the original modders. I am quite sure that even if they use the modpack, no reasonable people can easily figure it out from the video if they get it from the modpack, or they compile the mods themselves.

Now, I will give them the benefit of the doubt for the next 24 hours before I will make up my mind about them.

Also, do not use the term 'idiot' lightly, as only limited number of people in this world has the right to use it, and I am quite sure that I am not one of them

If there is nothing can be done, then let's try to read Eloraam's response which I find as a quite passive yet strong response to the whole thing: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…76__st__6720#entry8707076

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• i'm watching them too,it seems like 50% of the commentors didnt know about any of these mods before this...

Oh...I know right. I don't see how some people can have fun playing Vanilla Minecraft Endlessly or just using Inventory Editors. I basically lost interest in MC after Notch stopped Secret Friday Updates. Ever since then, I've been on a Minecraft hiatus for about 3 months. Came back and bam bam, mods everywhere. DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD!

Anyways, on-topic. I am all for mod promotion as well, but yes...unauthorized modpack usage...is just, well you know.

Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.9 GHz | Asrock 970 Extreme3 | 12GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 | Sapphire Flex HD 6870 @ 1000/1100 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD | Hyper 212+ | OCZ Fatal1ty 550w PSU | NZXT Gamma Classic

• Oh...I know right. I don't see how some people can have fun playing Vanilla Minecraft Endlessly or just using Inventory Editors. I basically lost interest in MC after Notch stopped Secret Friday Updates. Ever since then, I've been on a Minecraft hiatus for about 3 months. Came back and bam bam, mods everywhere. DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD!

Anyways, on-topic. I am all for mod promotion as well, but yes...unauthorized modpack usage...is just, well you know.

I can understand the first-time modding by inexperienced player. I was in that position, and I did prefer having someone spoon-feed me almost all the way. Understanding that, I cannot 'condemn' all of the modpack downloaders due to reasonably not simple procedure to do for them. But when you have someone who make the modpack as a simple "F U modders" remark, it is obviously do not present himself in a more favorable way. And the whole fiasco is more to the promotion of the "F U modders" modpack by a reasonably popular broadcaster to the public audience.

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• Oddly enough, i'm currently working on a program for Killerbeez that will create a custom modpack depending on config files. However it will require the user to download the files from the Author's own links/Home, which the program gladly points you in the right direction automatically.

I despise people who do this sort of thing and ignore the Authors entirely, they work hard and their work should be displayed. Its bad timing for me as i am still working out the kinks and to be honest; people would gladly go for the easiest like this modpack, rather than my program. The program is essentially a proper Mod Downloader/Patcher/Loader, though i'm a bit shorthanded on the latest techniques, being 5 years since i last programmed. But! I do have a base prototype that is operational and i hope to combat fools like these with it.

• The video has reached over 100k views on the first day alone. This is sadly enough proof of how well done the mods in the modpack are. Too bad the yogscast had to pick a shitty ass modpack who's author has no respect for the modders rather than downloading the mods legit.

• For the record I have seen the actual post on the somethingaweful forums and the mod author DOES link the Mcforums topic for all of the mods used
    that said he does disrespect the authors both by refusing to ask permission and with his config "some modders have terrible ego's"
    I dont like the sound of that but he is giving all of those mods a lot of publicity

• Official Post

Feel free to + my comment up into the top area, will merely need 20 people to like it.

Going to rethink my strategy. Probably i will take the download off MCF and make it visible to registered forum users here only, or something similar. Not sure, need to think about the effectiveness of such a measure first.

Anyways, if i ever had some positive oppinion of yogscast, it's gone now.

Depending on what they do next i will probably think about bothering with Googles fucking buerocracy regarding reports.

• Alblaka, what is your youtube account name? It seems the comments have been swarmed, so I'm having a hard time finding your comment. We are all looking to you on how you are going to handle this! I'm all for stopping registration until this is worked out.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Hmm, I voted your comment up, now its gone wtf???
    Somehow all best comments vanish...

EDIT: Also Alb's comment was already in the best comments section, but I also noticed before that the best comments got wiped.

• Seems fishy, what did the comment say?

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• well,we should brace for the worst,since they will be showcasing industrialcraft2 next.
    I'm definitely in favour of making the download only here and only registered people should be
    allowed to see it,also maybe a temporary lockdown of all registration or requiry to apply to be registered.

• But if we somehow can contact the yogcast people to arrange the timing with IC2 devs, it can be made into win-win situation. (Right now, I will give them the benefit of the doubt).

If the yogcast agreed to the time scheduled, then it can be synchronized with the release of new version of IC2 with the SMP along.

They get the broadcast, IC2 get the publicity at the right timing, Minimal damage achieved.

• Official Post

Yeah, I'm all for yogscast and their video, I have no problem with them except maybe promoting the pack.

If we can get forge public (not this team, I know) and an updated IC2 version for 1.8.1 that definitely will help with the sudden burst of WHY YOU NO WORK?!