[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• Official Post

I, for example, do not dislike your Takeover, since it was a peacefull one.

Peace bro ;)
    Although to get my aproval you will need more Multiblock structures.

• Peace bro ;)
    Although to get my aproval you will need more Multiblock structures.

Actually this does sound rather interesting. Perhaps a new method for accumilating Forton energy is to have a multibock version. I mean most realistic cases in science do require large machines for energy related things.

• This may be a known issue, however, I would like to attempt to report it here anyway.

When MFFS is initialized on my Direwolf20 Pack (FTB) Server, which has been upgraded with the latest forge 6.6.2.534 and XyCraft 0.10.18, but other than that has been untouched.
    There is a FileNotFoundException thrown, I believe this is due to either the file being moved, or the wrong address trying to be accessed by the InputStream. The file not being found is the Remote Version Info file.

The Stack Trace:

This shouldn't be a serious error, but I wanted you to be aware of it.

• Smart man, you figured out what the error meant instead of whining. Let me explain: MFFS links to Thunderdark's GitHub repo to look up version numbers to find out if there's an update available. Unfortunately, Thunderdark has retired from modding and has, presumably, closed down the MFFS repo leading to the error. For future reference, MFFS is now being developed by Calclavia of the Universal Electricity API, who assures everyone that they will strive to keep IC2 compatibility for use of IC2 EU in the MFFS machines. Link to the page is as follows: http://www.universalelectricity.com/?m=mffs

According to the page, Calclavia is bringing some substantial changes to MFFS when MC 1.5 drops. Most notably is that Forcicum will be deprecated and replaced with Fortron.

• Smart man, you figured out what the error meant instead of whining. Let me explain: MFFS links to Thunderdark's GitHub repo to look up version numbers to find out if there's an update available. Unfortunately, Thunderdark has retired from modding and has, presumably, closed down the MFFS repo leading to the error. For future reference, MFFS is now being developed by Calclavia of the Universal Electricity API, who assures everyone that they will strive to keep IC2 compatibility for use of IC2 EU in the MFFS machines. Link to the page is as follows: http://www.universalelectricity.com/?m=mffs

According to the page, Calclavia is bringing some substantial changes to MFFS when MC 1.5 drops. Most notably is that Forcicum will be deprecated and replaced with Fortron.

Thank you for explaining this, sorry about the pointlessness of the post. Makes perfect sense, the only reason I posted here was that it still feels and plays like an IC2 addon, and since it is still commonly being put in modpacks, I was unaware that the maintenance for the mod had moved to a different page.

Sorry once again, and thanks!

• Don't worry about it. It was an honest mistake.

I do wonder though how Calclavia will handle old MFFS installs... I know Monazit Ore will be replaced by Fortronite in in new worlds and possibly newly generated chunks in worlds migrating to Cal's MFFS. More than likely Cal will reduce the amount of FE/Fortron Energy that Forcicum will produce in the Extractor...

For me, one of the more exciting changes is the ability to store the Fortron as a liquid. Railcraft powered mass storage HERE I COME!

• Hello, My name is Gabriel.

I am going to include your mod, MFFS, in my modpack if you give me permission to.It said in the Modpacks section that we should ask if we to include your mod into the mod packs? My modpack is named "Minecraft Remade". If you need a mod list just pm me please.

thankyou,
    Gabriel

• The only fact i dislike about MFFS is that i'm obligated to use forcicum to get Force Energy. [I know we can make forcicium from energy but thats silly]
    There should be an "energy only" conversion.

To put a logical, if far-fetched, guess to it: Forcicum is a crystal that, when energy is forced through it acts as a prism, but not in the conventional sense. This special prism is capable of calibrating (is that the right word?) the energy to a specific wavelength/frequency/resonance that does not naturally occur in nature that results in what we know as Force Energy. The reason that the Extractor is capable of generating Forcicum from energy is the use of the Forcicum concentrated in the Force Crystals as a catalyst to influence the energy as it progresses through the "stages" of matter (energy -> strings and so on).

I do apologize if this seems...out there. As I'm typing this I am morbidly exhausted and when I am in this state, my mind runs away from me and slips through a Heisenberg Gate/Point into a parallel plane.

• Official Post

To put a logical, if far-fetched, guess to it: Forcicum is a crystal that, when energy is forced through it acts as a prism, but not in the conventional sense. This special prism is capable of calibrating (is that the right word?) the energy to a specific wavelength/frequency/resonance that does not naturally occur in nature that results in what we know as Force Energy. The reason that the Extractor is capable of generating Forcicum from energy is the use of the Forcicum concentrated in the Force Crystals as a catalyst to influence the energy as it progresses through the "stages" of matter (energy -> strings and so on).

I do apologize if this seems...out there. As I'm typing this I am morbidly exhausted and when I am in this state, my mind runs away from me and slips through a Heisenberg Gate/Point into a parallel plane.

Why the forcicium has to be consumed if it is just an energy altering crystal , Instead we could have forcicium crystals of different sizes and efficiency.
    For example, 64 forcicium could be "compressed" into one small forcicium crystal, 512 forcicium into a medium crystal, 2048 into a big crystal, 8192 into a giant crystal (best efficiency).
    The bigger the crystal, the best is its efficiency of EU/J -> FE. Then disable energy -> forcicium.

• Hello, My name is Gabriel.

I am going to include your mod, MFFS, in my modpack if you give me permission to.It said in the Modpacks section that we should ask if we to include your mod into the mod packs? My modpack is named "Minecraft Remade". If you need a mod list just pm me please.

thankyou,
    Gabriel

Please seek calclavica for modpack information. As you can see, the origial author Thunderdark has retired from modding due to Real Life issues and he has handed over to calclavica. There may be different modpack policies.

• Great to know. I was afraid that people might not like the fact that I have taken over MFFS. There will be bunch of changes, but I think the changes will make the mod a lot more flexible and have a professional quality to it.

R.I.P. MFFS :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.