[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• Great mod, the best mod maker is an active mod maker, which you seem to be buzzing with activity in this community. Keep up the good work.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• i see no such link for a 2.2.8.1.18 download or am i missing some thing? also 2.2.8.1.17c crashes for me with the most current copy of ic2 any help on that?

the version of MFFS 2.2.8.17C work fine with the last version of IC2 (you can post the crash log, for see what is the problem )

• I'm getting an annoying console spam with the latest version:

2012-12-16 11:21:20 [INFO] [STDOUT] 4000
    2012-12-16 11:21:21 [INFO] [STDOUT] 4000

and so on, It cames from the Extractor.

Does anyone knows how to get rid of it?

• you use UE as Powersource ?

• Extractor is powered by IC2 - directly from MFSU. Doesn't matter what kind of forcicium I put into the extractor.
    Once I stop the Extractor, all the spam stops as well.

• I wonder if this will kill fire bats in the nether. We decided to build our entire base via the nether I want something that can kill anything at all in the nether and prevent having to deal with annoying stuff inside our base haha.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Could someone explain to me how the Defense Station works?

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• Quoted from "Serenityx"

Extractor is powered by IC2 - directly from MFSU. Doesn't matter what kind of forcicium I put into the extractor.
    Once I stop the Extractor, all the spam stops as well.

I'm having the same problem, so I tried this version out, but the console spam wasn't fixed. If you have time to fix this, it'd be greatly appreciated--we had a server crash today because the server logs were over 5 GB!

• So I decided to make a forcefield system on my server today, and I got everything set up properly and it was decided that the projector was too high up. So I broke it and moved it down to be level with the ground and turned it on and it started smoking and spat all the upgrades out at me. I have no clue why it is doing this but it does this every time I turn it on, no matter what I use to turn it on. Have I screwed up somewhere or is this just a bug with this version of the mod. I'm on 2.2.8.1.13b.

• Kane Hart

next Version 2.2.8.2.* have DefenceStation bat = hostile setting

TampaPowers

look last direwolf20 Serverplay parts ;)

Cobra1117

PM for You

Inferno9501

smoking and spat all the upgrades out at me == Projector Burnout have you a projector with a Jammer upgrade online in range ? with a other energy source ( Capacitor)

• I don't think fire bats are vanilla btw. That was why I brought it up. Some jerk in one the mods added Fire Bats LOL. Is there any chance maybe impossible to some how detect that kind of entities and actually dump them into a txt file, from there you can take entities and maybe have a config setting you enter their ID's into one for extra hostels and one for extra passive. Sort of like how forestry does to add new ores :)

Thanks!

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• use can only create ForceEnergy (forcicium/-cell in middle slot)
    OR
    create forcicium (forcicium cell in right slot) ......

Only one thing is possible on same time

Ok thx I thought that it was charged by forcicium lol

Just found another problem (not a bug), when the generator runs out of power and the force energy production rate can't match the consumption rate, it will continuously try to generate a shield, which, collapses the next second due to the lack of power. I've also noticed that before creating any field blocks it requires a large amount of CPU time to calculate, especially when the shield size is large enough (i.e. 64x dome).

If this happens on a server, it could lag out the whole server and the only way to stop this will be removing the mod.

So I'd suggest add some time between each try to generate the field, to prevent people from using this mod as an anti-server weapon :D

• I don't think fire bats are vanilla btw. That was why I brought it up. Some jerk in one the mods added Fire Bats LOL. Is there any chance maybe impossible to some how detect that kind of entities and actually dump them into a txt file, from there you can take entities and maybe have a config setting you enter their ID's into one for extra hostels and one for extra passive. Sort of like how forestry does to add new ores :)

Thanks!

That would be good ol' Azanor who added fire bats to the Nether :p

• Heya Thunderdark,

I was thinking about MFFS from a server admin perspective and came to a surprising conclusion.

Unless I missed something somewhere it is currently not possible to have a "op" or even someone in creative mode bypass the security fields kill functions. This could be abused to a extend where one could for instance create a lag machine deliberately and destroy server tick rate and make it impossible for a server operator to fix the issue by killing anything that comes near the field.

Currently the only solution I can think of is either risk using MCEdit and potentially destroy a complete region file or remove MFFS temporarily and risking destroying someones legitimate MFFS builds. In both cases the "griefer" was successful and causing grief.

It would be grand if a MFFS bypass list could be added so that when this issue arises one could utilize this to counter any grief this griefer would be capable of causing.

hhmm I just realized that lowering the MFFS damages in the config might work in these cases however there still is the issue of people that are in creative mode being killed instantly by MFFS.

Either way keep up the good work and especially have fun!

• wormzjl

i work on it :D

CyaNox

hm use simpel in config:

# Add users to this list to give them admin permissions
    S:ForceFieldMaster=nobody

ForceFieldMaster = all rights for all MFFS Stuff on Server

• I have to say I love this mod.

One question/suggest is that for the advanced cube, the force field is always on the side. I believe that it should be renamed to Rectangular field. Also, the field modulator distance should be allowed for this projector module which would make the force field lower in perspective to the top face of the projector. This would allow for rectangular fields with more option on where the projector could be. It is just a thought