INFINITE ENERGY, THE SAFE WAY Industrial Craft + Equivalent exchange (also can use technic pack)

• Thermogenerators use lava
    Vocanite Amulet from equivalent exchange freely creates lava :Geothermal Generator:
    Capture lava with a single bucket and pour into generators (or use cells) :Lava Cell:
    Infinite Energy source, only requires refueling. :thumbup:

• Official Post

I did something like this in my lets play. It uses redstone and tin with autocrafting tables, and a complicated piping system. Works well :).

Not infinte energy though. Remember, it uses resources to do all this. Specifically you need 2x redstone to make 1 lava..

• Nothing new really...

You can also turn 64 Iron Ingots into Glowstone, back into 48 Iron Ores, then Macerate the ore to get 96 dust = 96 Ingots, effectively increasing the starting amount by 50%
    Infinite Resources, anyone? Or just make Glowstone Blocks from Glowstone dust, in Glowstone Thingies, then turn some into dust and repeat... EE isnt about balance, not even close. Its about having fun!

• EE isnt about balance, not even close. Its about having fun!

I'll say an 'amen' to that! I'm glad that the Forge version was updated, it's frustratingly enjoyable to get the materials needed.

• Nothing new really...

You can also turn 64 Iron Ingots into Glowstone, back into 48 Iron Ores, then Macerate the ore to get 96 dust = 96 Ingots, effectively increasing the starting amount by 50%
    Infinite Resources, anyone? Or just make Glowstone Blocks from Glowstone dust, in Glowstone Thingies, then turn some into dust and repeat... EE isnt about balance, not even close. Its about having fun!

Wrong. It is balanced, but only with itself and vanilla mine-craft. You Cannot get free resources like that. Did you know glow-stone blocks are actually equally valuable as cobblestone? The issue arises when you combine two mods that allow abuse to occur, like industrialcraft, which is also balanced with itself and vanilla minecraft. Getting double ingots out of the Ores is fine, You can never turn em back into ores, so no way exists to get free materials with just industrialcraft. Now, If you add EE, you suddenly have a loop which you can use to cheaply create masses of resources, but that only is possible when you have both mods.

Equivalent exchange is not designed for balanced play with Industrialcraft, and vise verse.

• Wrong. It is balanced, but only with itself and vanilla mine-craft. You Cannot get free resources like that. Did you know glow-stone blocks are actually equally valuable as cobblestone? The issue arises when you combine two mods that allow abuse to occur, like industrialcraft, which is also balanced with itself and vanilla minecraft. Getting double ingots out of the Ores is fine, You can never turn em back into ores, so no way exists to get free materials with just industrialcraft. Now, If you add EE, you suddenly have a loop which you can use to cheaply create masses of resources, but that only is possible when you have both mods.

Equivalent exchange is not designed for balanced play with Industrialcraft, and vise verse.

Except for the IC2 patch. Which adds some recipe's, and does some balancing features, preventing infinite materials. However, you can get many materials far more cheaply. Like you can turn 4 glowstone into a diamond instead of 32. Or 16, nowadays.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Yeah, 16 glowstone for a diamond is fair considering how rare it is, even in the nether. Oh wait ...

<---

Really, I have no problem with ppl using mods to get infinite resources. EE is just a touch more work/fun than TMI, that's all :)

• Nothing new really...

is that for 1.7.3 or 1.8.1 EE? i use 1.8.1 and 1 iron ingot = 1 glowstone block but it's 2 glowstone blocks = 1 iron ore.

• solar panels are free infinite energy. you just pay to build it and after that it provides free infinite energy forever. hook a mass fabricator up to it and you can make everything else in the game, for free. this is not exactly 'new'. cactus farm will make free cactus forever which can be used to make energy or recycle into scrap boxes for free diamonds. cobblestone generators can make cobblestone out of thin air which again can be recycled for free diamonds. those machine can be powered by solar panels for a factory that essentially make stuff out of nothing. why are people keep freaking out that EE allows them to get 'free' stuffs? vanilla minecraft allows this, IC2 allows this, BC makes this REALLY easy, EE makes a LOT of stuff from other stuff. it's a video game. it's okay.

• solar panels are free infinite energy. you just pay to build it and after that it provides free infinite energy forever. hook a mass fabricator up to it and you can make everything else in the game, for free. this is not exactly 'new'. cactus farm will make free cactus forever which can be used to make energy or recycle into scrap boxes for free diamonds. cobblestone generators can make cobblestone out of thin air which again can be recycled for free diamonds. those machine can be powered by solar panels for a factory that essentially make stuff out of nothing. why are people keep freaking out that EE allows them to get 'free' stuffs? vanilla minecraft allows this, IC2 allows this, BC makes this REALLY easy, EE makes a LOT of stuff from other stuff. it's a video game. it's okay.

not to mention EE is on the whole horribly broken.
    So far i've been avoiding doing the transformations of stuff as those are basically broken for anything other than EE

I will confess to having 4 glowstone aggregators running once in a while but only to feed the destruction catalyst I use to mine with.
    On the whole I don't use EE much but do keep it around because I *love* the alchemical chests.

anyway, on cobble generators. Cobble generator + buildcraft == lots of scrap boxes, just add time. Don't even need to use fuel to power the quarry. You can power it (the quarry) with a 6x6 grid of redstone engines and the new power pipes. (provided you've got a 2 wide cobble generation area)

well geothermal generators produce the most energy safely, and not applying to the quote, EE is somewhat balanced because you have an incredibly slow start, so far i'm using glowstone aggregators to produce the blocks to turn directly into diamonds. along with the coal chunks to diamonds (using the philospher stone you can make diamonds tools out of industrial diamonds, recycle and get regular diamonds) although, i find that uranium is found wayyyy too often while mining so, also the geothermal generators gave me a purpose to go to the nether again (besides cooked porkchops). And even thou i have TMI i sometimes just want to play without spawning items, because that makes it boring REALLY fast.

• Well, I just started using EE in conjunction with IC² and did some Math.

Could someone comment if I just miscalculated something? Because it strikes me as odd you would get half a Diamond extra per Obsidian Stack by going the long path even without macerating the Gold Ore.

64 Obsidian = 12 Gold Ore = 24 Gold Ingots = 6 Diamonds

You macerated the gold ore. 64 obsidian = 12 gold ore = 12 gold ingots = 2 diamonds.
    vs 64 obsidian = 8 lapis ore = 2 diamonds.
    (though I don't use EE myself so I was just going off your numbers. It just struck me as odd cos from what I saw of EE everything had a "diamond value" basically, or ## needed to make diamonds)
    Erg, I failed at maths? 64 obsidian = 12 gold ore = 12 gold ingots = 3 diamonds (according to your calculations... ) but you did macerate on the line I quoted :)

• You macerated the gold ore. 64 obsidian = 12 gold ore = 12 gold ingots = 2 diamonds.
    vs 64 obsidian = 8 lapis ore = 2 diamonds.

Yes I did, but even without macerating it would net me 12 Gold Ingots. At a rate of 4 Gold Ingots per Diamond, that would make 3 Diamonds, right?
    BTW found a typo in the last line of the long way, it should read:
    4 Gold Ore = 8 Golddust = 8 Goldingots = 2 Diamond | 64 Obsidian = 12 Gold Ore = 24 Gold Ingots = 6 Diamonds

Edit to accompany your edit: yes you are right, but still if you take the nummer of the Diamonds through maceration by half, it makes one Diamond more then goeing the short way :)
    Edit3: Damn, cant make a buildcraft buildingline out of that, because you cant turn Obsidian into Ive by using the Philosophers Stone on a crafting table :-/

• How about:

16 obsidian = 12 iron = 3 gold
    .... 64 obsidian = 12 gold
    12 gold = 1.5 diamonds ??? [nvm still 3 diamonds; EE is just plain silly -but you did skip a step somewhere ... nvm you confused me with the 4 gold ore = 8 dust = 8 ingots = 1 diamond (making me think 8 gold = 1 diamond)]

Edit: Well the math's right, EE is broken. :) [Maybe they're figuring on the coal it'd take to smelt the gold, since you could convert it to diamond ore, but then need to use 1 coal per 7 diamond ore to make 7 diamonds :)]
    *won't do anymore EE calculations* [They don't even have the numbers section anymore it's all picture nonsense]

• How about:

16 obsidian = 12 iron = 3 gold
    .... 64 obsidian = 12 gold
    12 gold = 1.5 diamonds ??? [nvm still 3 diamonds; EE is just plain silly -but you did skip a step somewhere ... nvm you confused me with the 4 gold ore = 8 dust = 8 ingots = 1 diamond (making me think 8 gold = 1 diamond)]

Yaeah, sorry for that. As I mentioned above, it was a typo, and where I stated half a Diamond more for doing the long run without IC² was just fail in math on my side, too ;)

• Yaeah, sorry for that. As I mentioned above, it was a typo, and where I stated half a Diamond more for doing the long run without IC² was just fail in math on my side, too ;)

Right, it's a whole diamond more, even without IC :)

[So with IC it's what, twice as many? Even more cos you can macerate the iron first?]

• Right, it's a whole diamond more, even without IC :)

[So with IC it's what, twice as many? Even more cos you can macerate the iron first?]

Its actualy three times the diamonds you´ll get when you go the fast lane, turning Obsidian into Lapis and Lapis into Diamonds.