• Never used one, contemplating it now, unsure of their usage as the wiki seems a little unclear.

Do I charge it with 60k power then it only refills my drill once before being empty? Wouldn't that be a loss compared to 10k batteries? Or will it fill my drill 6x?

Can I charge it inside a Batbox even though a Batbox only has 40k power? Will it just siphon the rest of it until its full?

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Fill it however much you want, put it on your back and mine away. As you mine the batpack will replace the lost energy in the mining drill with it's own. So you can mine a lot lot lot more.

You can just leave it in a batbox if you want it fully charged. If the batbox has power it will put it in the item to be charged until full. It won't overcharge so remove it whenever you want. There's no energy lost at any time.

• Official Post

Never used one, contemplating it now, unsure of their usage as the wiki seems a little unclear.

Do I charge it with 60k power then it only refills my drill once before being empty? Wouldn't that be a loss compared to 10k batteries? Or will it fill my drill 6x?

Can I charge it inside a Batbox even though a Batbox only has 40k power? Will it just siphon the rest of it until its full?

When you have the Bat-pack equipped, power will be drawn (per use of a tool) in attempt to re-fill it. In essence: it will draw power from the Bat-pack, until it is fully depleted, then start draining the tools power.

E.g. You have a half full drill (5k missing) and a Full bat-pack equipped. You use said drill. The drill will acquire a full charge, where the bat-pack would lose 5k Eu + 1 uses worth. Then, each subsequent use of the drill would pull one use from the bat-pack's power supply until empty.

Yes, you can charge it in a Batbox, and it will continue to siphon energy until it's full (similar to the battery charging in packets).

• Official Post

Need to correct adien: Due to the fact you can't "instantly" charge tools anymore in any way, the idea of the batpack instantly charging tools after you used them once was dropped as well.
    It does instead refill up to 2 uses after each use of the batpack (effectively you will see the charge of the mining drill "charging up" while progressively mining)

Which, in the end, doesn't make any difference, just wanted to mention it, though.

• Official Post

Need to correct adien: Due to the fact you can't "instantly" charge tools anymore in any way, the idea of the batpack instantly charging tools after you used them once was dropped as well.
    It does instead refill up to 2 uses after each use of the batpack (effectively you will see the charge of the mining drill "charging up" while progressively mining)

Which, in the end, doesn't make any difference, just wanted to mention it, though.

Ah, I was going off the old method (Since I never use a Batpack without a fully charged tool to start with =P). Thanks for the correction.

• Need to correct adien: Due to the fact you can't "instantly" charge tools anymore in any way, the idea of the batpack instantly charging tools after you used them once was dropped as well.

\

Yea got to use it ingame, very very cool, loving the new charging system.

I was afraid I'd have to risk my tool everytime I run out, then hope I had the batcharge for it, was afraid it'd cause me to gain a bad habit lol

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• This REALLY needs to work with the Mining Laser. It's the primary reason I don't use an otherwise awesome tool. Hopefully that can be added in an upcoming patch.

Also, it would be nice to see portable energy storage of a higher tier - requiring the relevant crystals to craft and having a somewhat larger storage capacity.

• The BatPack works just fine with the diamond drill. It doesn't work with the laser, but it does work with the diamond drill.

since i never use Diamond drill before but right now i using with bat-pack, work fine :thumbup:
    also isn't Elec wrench also usable with bat-pack too? since i wear it all time and the E-Wrench power never worn out.

*seriously we need Tier2-3 bat-pack for Mining Laser, you know.....i mostly use them as Laser Rifle lolz
    worn nano suit but using bow for range attack isn't feel right.

• since i never use Diamond drill before but right now i using with bat-pack, work fine :thumbup:
    also isn't Elec wrench also usable with bat-pack too? since i wear it all time and the E-Wrench power never worn out.

*seriously we need Tier2-3 bat-pack for Mining Laser, you know.....i mostly use them as Laser Rifle lolz
    worn nano suit but using bow for range attack isn't feel right.

While it doesn't give energy directly into the mining laser yet, the Rocket Science Add-on does have Crystal Backpacks...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• This REALLY needs to work with the Mining Laser. It's the primary reason I don't use an otherwise awesome tool. Hopefully that can be added in an upcoming patch.

It would only extend the power capacity of a laser by 75%. So you'd get 14 power shots instead of 8.

• It's not much - but it's still 75% more! And I'm carrying the batpack anyhow. As it currently stands, I save the laser for taking ores down from the ceiling and the like - aside from that I stick to the diamond drill.

• Official Post

It's not much - but it's still 75% more! And I'm carrying the batpack anyhow. As it currently stands, I save the laser for taking ores down from the ceiling and the like - aside from that I stick to the diamond drill.

I just carry a MFSU and a few crystals with me, drop the MFSU, put in crystal and laser, when charged used the crystal to take out an excess energy and pick the MFSU back up. 1M EU is a lot of mining.