[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• How isotopic separator acts with bc pipes?

Was dropping water cells out the top and extracting via additional pipes just fine in a test world. (i'm still running r27, r29 causes problems with Redpower) Had a nice deuterium factory going on with the bucket filler addon providing the buckets and water cells. .
    Have yet to build it legit yet but that's mostly because I haven't gotten around to it yet.

• The missiles work great and i can manage figuring out the math to get them to hit precise targets at long range, but programming them is a pain. either come up with a machine to program them to coordinates, or make a way to do it by powers of 10 and 100

• Major congrats, wish I could be in your shoes. (I majored in physics, didn't quite reach my goal of grad school in plasma physics.)

Seconded! That's quite an achievement. 8)

Are you allowed to divulge some minor details about your work? (Only a geologist here, but I have a great scientific background in terms of particle physics..)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Whenever I try to install this, it never shows up in TMI. I'm fairly sure it's a block ID conflict, but I can't figure out which ones. Modloader doesn't report anything either, so I don't know. I installed it perfectly, but it simply doesn't show up. Googling about has been similarly pointless, because it's always semi-unrelated posts. ;(

Any help is GREATLY appreciated, as I've been struggling with this for over a week now.

• Whenever I try to install this, it never shows up in TMI. I'm fairly sure it's a block ID conflict, but I can't figure out which ones. Modloader doesn't report anything either, so I don't know. I installed it perfectly, but it simply doesn't show up. Googling about has been similarly pointless, because it's always semi-unrelated posts. ;(

Any help is GREATLY appreciated, as I've been struggling with this for over a week now.

I had this problem. It is an ID conflict, mine was with EqEx. The ModLoader.txt won't show it, you need to pull a report from the command line (launch minecraft via the command prompt) to find out which ones, or I'm fairly sure ID resolver will work. make sure you get the Forge version of it.

• I had this problem. It is an ID conflict, mine was with EqEx. The ModLoader.txt won't show it, you need to pull a report from the command line (launch minecraft via the command prompt) to find out which ones, or I'm fairly sure ID resolver will work. make sure you get the Forge version of it.

I tried ID resolver before. It caused more problems than this. And if I launch it, I still won't know open block IDs, which was ultimately my long-term goal. But I'll give it a shot, thanks! :Quantum-Helmet:

[Edit] Got it. The offending portion is: Missiles: Failed to initialize
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 30258
    at lr.(Block.java:49)
    at rocketScience.MissileWarheadBlock.(MissileWarheadBlock.java:16)

at mod_Missile.(mod_Missile.java:94)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Sou
    rce)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:275)
    at ModLoader.readFromModFolder(ModLoader.java:1179)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:824)
    at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:186)
    at aam.(aam.java:61)
    at aam.(aam.java:10)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:259)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:629)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

... but I still don't know any open IDs. Included in the .txt is the full output. Any ideas are appreciated.

• Official Post

Krazygluon: Love the name!

fzymnr: You likely have a block or item ID conflict. Since this is such a frequent problem I think I'm just going to add custom error-handling in the next release (I wish Mojang had made Minecraft's error reports more accessible to the user, but...) and automatically pick a free block or item ID if a conflict is detected. Until then, run Minecraft from the command line to figure out what ID is conflicting and change the config file.

Sleeeper: I haven't taken Buildcraft pipes into account yet, but the full release will include greater Buildcraft compatibility (fusion reactors will distribute fuel between slots, etc.).

ttradno: The laser rangefinder (since v.65) might be the solution you're looking for. Left-click a missile while holding one and it will input the rangefinder's last coordinates.

MagusUnion: Sure, I'm helping out with a new antenna my adviser developed to pick up electron Bernstein waves from fusion plasmas. Assuming we can get the damn thing to work, it's going into the DIII-D tokamak next year. (And don't say you're "only" a geologist, all areas of science are worthy of study)

Tremelay: If you're getting an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException, you (or ID Resolver) have set an ID number higher than the size of Minecraft's ID array. Setting the warhead block to ID 30258 is definitely your issue, since Minecraft can only handle 256 blocks (items are a different story).

General news: Since I'm not going to get multiplayer support done before the conference, I figure that including reusable passenger rockets (replace the chemical-fueled booster with a rechargeable ion drive, HAYO!) and a mobile auto-miner in this weekend's update should be a decent consolation prize. You're going to love the autominer - it'll mine down to bedrock, pull its pipe up, move over nine squares, and repeat until the Lapotrons run out.

• Tremelay: If you're getting an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException, you (or ID Resolver) have set an ID number higher than the size of Minecraft's ID array. Setting the warhead block to ID 30258 is definitely your issue, since Minecraft can only handle 256 blocks (items are a different story).

Thank you for the timely and friendly help. Now to find a free ID. :Wrench:
    Also

General news: Since I'm not going to get multiplayer support done before the conference, I figure that including reusable passenger rockets (replace the chemical-fueled booster with a rechargeable ion drive, HAYO!) and a mobile auto-miner in this weekend's update should be a decent consolation prize. You're going to love the autominer - it'll mine down to bedrock, pull its pipe up, move over nine squares, and repeat until the Lapotrons run out.

:Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Credit: :Industrial Credit: :Quantum-Bodyarmor: :Quantum-Helmet: :Quantum-Leggings: :Quantum-Boots:

• My mod loader loads the mod a TMI shows its items but I can´t craft them.

edit: fixed it, installed the new version and fixed my install, it was installed incorrectly.

• How do I find the command line?

• Kentingon, what do you think of my ideas? I'm not pressing you to add them I am just asking for feedback on my ideas. (they are on page 8 if you did not see them)

Sure, I'm helping out with a new antenna my adviser developed to pick up electron Bernstein waves from fusion plasmas. Assuming we can get the damn thing to work, it's going into the DIII-D tokamak next year. (And don't say you're "only" a geologist, all areas of science are worthy of study)

Well, I didn't mean it as if other fields were without merit... it's just that I'm only specialized in Geology atm, and I don't have a strong background in other sciences like I do that subject as of now (however, Chemistry does come in at a close 2nd)...

But that's awesome if you can get that to work in a high temperature/pressure environment of a fusion reactor. I'm guessing you are going for a design that will alter the pressure of the fusion inducing plasma by shifting it's density profile instead of having to directly manipulate it via electromagnetic 'squeezing'?

(Forgive me if that seems off in my terms. Trying to keep the terminology as basic as I can in this informal setting, lol...)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

MagusUnion: Sure, I'm helping out with a new antenna my adviser developed to pick up electron Bernstein waves from fusion plasmas. Assuming we can get the damn thing to work, it's going into the DIII-D tokamak next year. (And don't say you're "only" a geologist, all areas of science are worthy of study)

"All science is either physics... or stamp-collecting."
    -Ernest Rutherford

(I'm a sociology major, lol.)

• It seems that everything works in this mod. But I'm having some problems, and that I cant make any booster engines with legit fuel cans or tmi fuel cans or whatever. I can craft everything else, just not the booster module. Any help?

• You're going to love the autominer - it'll mine down to bedrock, pull its pipe up, move over nine squares, and repeat until the Lapotrons run out.

For that alone, I might just download this mod :D

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Can you add an option to disable the fusion reactor? It's ridiculously overpowered, and I don't want anybody on my server to be using it. That is, once this becomes SMP.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.