[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• I have two questions:

How do you remove a rocket once it's placed?

And, it seems like the rockets can't be moved with redpower frames. Is that a limitation of their basic programming or something? I was kind of hoping to build a magazine-fed launching system.

• Why not use a block placer (deployer I wanna say?) to place missiles after fired. Or maybe that new advanced color coded deployer set to put up a specific missile when you power a certain wire color. One silo, many types of missile with no additional footprint!

• you should be able to make a block that could be placed, and if you right-clicked on a rocket within a 1000 block radius in all directions around the block, it would bring up a GUI with a large, highly detailed map of the surrounding say, ten thousand blocks. you would click on a location, and it would target the missile to the location. no more complaints about targeting, and forget the hassle of manually having to guess where your enemies house was! it would be crafted like this:
    :Mining Laser: :Advanced Machine: :Mining Laser:
    :Advanced Machine: :Industrial Diamond: :Advanced Machine:
    :Mining Laser: :Advanced Machine: :Mining Laser:

it would be called the N.H.M.T.S., or No Hassle Missile Targeter System. instead of targeting missiles to destroy, it would help YOU target YOUR missiles at the enemies base. where Mining Laser is put rangefinders, where Advanced Machine Block is put Map ( yeah VERY highly detailed. more than 25 pixels a chunk please :thumbup: )
    and where U.D. is put Missile Targeting System. ( the other One :D ) i will also PM this to you. and there would also be a satellite that would be crafted by putting the N.H.M.T.S. on top of a Ion Booster. it would increase your sight range by one million blocks. seriously, please put this into the add-on. again, i will PM you this message. thanks for reading,

~ MC_Master_yuo ~

I Am A Nuclear Physicist/Engineer/Weapons Expert :thumbup: :Nuke TNT: , Modder :Wrench: MinecraftNotch , Veteran Minecrafter (i've been playing since the 1.7 BETA days, Sonny Jim!), Expert Miner, AND Head of the most powerful corporation in the world of minecraft, Nuclear Lord, Inc, where we nuke first and ask questions later! :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :evil: . We sell scientific technology on my private server. if you have any questions about popular-but-confusing mods, Ask Me!!! :thumbup:

• Probably impossible. A great thing it would be! But :(

• I Love this mod :D The only thing that would be cool is when it dont changes some ic2 files :S Because mod like the Crossover mod have problems with the change or the energynet.class or how its called...The engines cant get electricity from cables now :( It would be cool when you can change this :thumbup:
    P.s Sorry for (maybe) bad english, im german :rolleyes:

• Probably impossible. A great thing it would be! But :(

nothings impossible if you believe it can happen.

I Am A Nuclear Physicist/Engineer/Weapons Expert :thumbup: :Nuke TNT: , Modder :Wrench: MinecraftNotch , Veteran Minecrafter (i've been playing since the 1.7 BETA days, Sonny Jim!), Expert Miner, AND Head of the most powerful corporation in the world of minecraft, Nuclear Lord, Inc, where we nuke first and ask questions later! :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :evil: . We sell scientific technology on my private server. if you have any questions about popular-but-confusing mods, Ask Me!!! :thumbup:

• Why not use a block placer (deployer I wanna say?) to place missiles after fired. Or maybe that new advanced color coded deployer set to put up a specific missile when you power a certain wire color. One silo, many types of missile with no additional footprint!

I ended up using deployers for the "magazine" system. They were be kept underground and cycled up to launch position where upon deploying a missile it would automatically wire in to a targeting controller. After launch the deployers got fed into a block breaker so they could be used again.

• Hi everyone,
    I installed a fresh MC 1.2.5 with NotEnoughItems and IndustrialCraft 1.95b and RocketScience 0.89.
    I always get this stacktrace when starting MC with RocketScience:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at rocketScience.TileEntityIsotope.initRecipes(TileEntityIsotope.java:24)
    at mod_ZZZMissile.init(mod_ZZZMissile.java:176)
    at rocketScience.RocketScience.load(RocketScience.java:76)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:891)
    at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
    at ahu.<init>(RenderManager.java:86)
    at ahu.<clinit>(RenderManager.java:14)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:394)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:732)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

MC+IC works but in NEI I can't see any RocketScience Items.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Hans

• I can see the items in creative and place them but I cant craft them and they all come up as Unnamed. Mod looks really cool but it wont work. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbup:

• I have the same problem. I have TMI, and it doesn't crash or anything when I start it, but I can't craft items or see them in TMI, and when I tried looking in creative, the game crashed. fix or help please?

• nothings impossible if you believe it can happen.

Let me do everyone here a favor and just say this will not happen. First of all with my math I am assuming a chunk is 16x16 (I hope I remember correctly). Now for the 1000 block radius. Assuming you mean a circle that fits within 1000 blocks that would be 100x100 blocks. Which is about an area of 7x7 chunks or 49 chunks (100/16). While this may not be too bad on a server (My server usually bottlenecks around 8000 chunk cache) (also assuming chunk cache = loaded chunks) when you scale it up to 1,000,000 blocks thats 1000 x 1000 blocks. This is roughly 63 x 63 chunks (1000/16) which turns out to be 3969 chunks. Assuming my server is average, some will have worse or better, with these blocks only a few people will be able to play at a time, if it doesn't break servers. It screams OP with a roar. No matter how expensive you make something, people will find a way to mass produce it. The mod author has already stated that he will improve missile launching with future updates, but for now the priority is bug fixing and SMP. Not saying it is entirely a bad idea, but it is impractical with the current limitations of minecraft and most server hardware. Not to mention the missile defense system would have to also be buffed in power to be able to stop something like this. When they only can protect a 50 block range, this is a really bad idea. Especially cause if they have a decent defense, all you would have to do is spam missiles right outside of the range and blow a crater around so that he/she can't escape. Missile launching will get better with time, I'm sure future versions will impress us all. If you really want something like this this bad, learn java and code it! It is a great skill to know, and I find it fun.

Error 404: Signature not found!

• Which version is for 1.2.3? You rly should write this behind the changes of every version..

• Hi,
    for everyone who discovered the NullPointerException problem (see my previous post) here's the solution (worked for me):

I decompiled the Java code and it turned out that IC2 wasn't loaded before Rocket Science. This caused the crash. Maybe this occurs only on Linux filesystems because of the case sensitivity of the files. It seems to be a issue with ModLoader.

Solution:
    1. Rename your IC2 file inside .minecraft/mods (industrialcraft-......jar) to AAAindustrialcraft.jar.
    2. Then, rename RocketScience.jar to ZZZRocketScience.jar

After these steps, it worked out-of-the-box for me.

Regards, Hans.

• as far as the targeting system goes: I could see it opening a GUI which displays a map (1 pixel to 1 block scale) and tells you the coordinates. you would still have to manually enter the coords into your rocket, but the map alone (serving as a sort of mapping satellite; maybe that's in the future as well?) would be well worth the cost. the current maps are nice, but they're so small and vague that something more detailed would be great.

• Geht Rocket Science auf Bukkit

sorry i'm not good english speak german

Get Rocket Science on Bukkit if the other english people couldnt figure it out =]
    Ich bin nicht gut am Deutsche aber ich kann etwas deutsche sprechen

• Please make SMP! :)

patience I'm sure kentington isn't under the delusion that every one is satisfied with ssp

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Thanks in advance for any help.

I recently came across this mod and was amazed by it. When I tried to download it though, it didn't go so well. In the .zip folder that was downloaded, I only had the rocketscience.jar file and no ic2 folder. I tried looking within the .jar file but the ic2 files were not there. I also tried to install the mod, but when minecraft started up I could not craft or find anything from the mod. I would really like to use this mod, so any help is appreciated.

--Truffles