[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• 1. The mod author has stated just a few posts ago that he is working on this mod again, and SMP support is likely a top priority.
    2. Bukkit and Forge are no longer working together, Bukkit mods can be ported to Forge, but not vice versa. This was even on the front page of the Technic Pack a while back, so even evil/lazy people should have seen it.
    3. "i want it to tekkit to nuke my friends :thumbup:" So many things wrong with this 1 sentence. 1. Grammar is crap. 2. You mentioned the "Clusterfuck pack". 3. Nuke your friends?, clearly they and you are not good friends.

This got you reported, and did nothing to aid or encourage the mod author. I am sorry about correcting your grammar if English is not your first language or something. If it is, then you are a failure or below the age of 6.

To everyone else: Did you know that bad mouthing someone for grammar gets you an infraction on MCF? Thats why I do it here when I find time.

• YOU'RE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hype inbound in three, two, one...

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• But now, Gregtech is in the race. I think you should at least plan compatibility with his addons, but the better would be not copying feature each one of the other. You should discuss with greg about what you'll implement each. As of Space dimension, Greg also planned that ... But while you're planning a Moon-dimension (but End is already a Moon-like dimension), I hope he'll plan something else, i.e March, space or Asteroids Dimensions.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I plan some kind of randomly generated "Mystcraft Ages" via Stargates.

Ok lol :)
    But please don't make any way to re-create that system pumping infinite lava from the nether and feeding machines in the Real world. That's the only reason I don't want to instal Mystcraft + Railcraft :/
    I've something else to say/suggest, but I won't spam Kennington of irrelevant messages ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited once, last by MatLaPatate ().

• Well this thread only has 74 pages, and i think he would be delighted to have a few inputs or suggestions.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Official Post

Well this thread ONLY has 74 pages, and i think he would be delighted to have a few inputs or suggestions.

Lol, thats 50% less than my Thread.

If you plan to make any kind of Cells/Dusts/Resources, then I'd suggest to make them Oredict-Compatible with my Addon. In that case I'd suggest to PM me.

• Sarcasm... it gets the best of us sometimes...

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Sarcasm... it gets the best of us sometimes...

Yup. Better stop being sarcastic, then.

On a site note, Kentington, now that you are gonna add mobs, how about spambots? They spawn in groups of 100 and throw pop-ups at you until you drown /joke

By the way, how did you even get time to continue modding? You weren't fired, were you? If you were, could you please put up a donate button?

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Official Post

No screenshots yet (my modeler/spriter is on holiday break), but most of the core systems of RS:R have been at least partially implemented.

Today I finished a mechanic you might be interested in - using the new tinkering bench block, you can package several items into one (stored in NBT tags) and create novel combinations of tools, upgrades, and power sources. Let's say that you've just made it to Mars and reverse-engineered the alien technology you found there. Now your handy laser rifle - which seemed so amazing when you first built it - looks downright obsolete. One use of the tinkering bench later, and you've swapped out the microfusion cell that used to power it for a shiny new exotic-matter reactor, installed new focus optics which allow it to melt blocks as well as mobs, and upgraded the cooling system so it can fire more rapidly. After a little field testing, you decide that while it's quite fun to use by hand, your shiny new Personal UFO needs an armament too. So, back to the Tinkering Bench, and now your UFO has an upgraded laser rifle attached (which automatically draws its exotic-matter fuel from the UFO's inventory). Eventually you realize that you need to mine more resources, and you only ever built one exotic-matter reactor. Once more, back to the tinkering bench to yank the reactor out of your rifle and stick it in your mining drill (RS:R has its own mining drill with different mechanics than IC2's). That upgraded drill can then be attached to a mining drone using the (you guessed it) Tinkering Bench, which will perform considerably better than a standard mining drone.

Next time: an update on the rockets themselves, or possibly the research system.

• ...so I'll put it simply. AWESOME!!!! Tinkering & alien tech FTW. (Let's see, I'll need: :Macerator: x8, :Electric Furnace: x6, :Compressor: x3, :MFS-Unit: x24, :Solar Panel: x you don't want to know, :Extractor: x3, :Canning Machine: x2, :Teleporter: x4, :Tesla Coil: x64, :Nuke TNT: x128, and :Quantum-Helmet: :Quantum-Bodyarmor: :Quantum-Leggings: :Quantum-Boots: ... Now where to put my stack of quarries & energy links...?)

Will alien tech possibly include electro-magnetic-based weaponry? Such as a railgun/coilgun? If not, :| , no loss.

:Nuke TNT: = Answer to all problems. Including that creeper camping right outside the door of your glass house.

• If you addthe planets of the solar system, remember to add a few moons too. I'd like a base on that Saturn moon with cryovulcanoes.

BTW, will it be possible to set up a base on the moon and fire unmanned rockets down to earth? Possibly loaded with food, or nukes?

• Can I have a link to the mod for IC2 1.97? Or atleast label the download links. =\

"super long gay fucking signature that shouldnt even be here but you cant disable it or at least i cant find it god damnit i hate the internet and everyone on it. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

umad Badspot? :P

Steve shaves with a chainsaw.

• Well crap. I was gonna start a new playthrough, but now Kent comes back. Should I wait even longer? Should I go ahead and start and add this later? I'm so torn. You've tantalized my gamer soul and piqued my eternal love for all things science. How dare you, Kent, throw the giant wrench in my plans that is a new toy. Now I must wait, in patience, steep, and build my excitement for the developments to come. How dare you.

• Official Post

DJ: Electromagnetic weapons are planned, yes, but they're one tier below alien tech. Specifically, once you've made it to the moon and developed miniaturized fusion reactors, you can research a Gauss rifle (for personal use) and a railgun (long-ranged artillery block).

Wasmic: Currently the only celestial objects planned are Mars and the moon (as well as asteroids you can mine with drones but not personally travel to), but there will be a planet API released with v1.0 that allows others modders to add planets reachable with Rocket Science tech. Long-term (read: not in the first release), I plan to implement procedurally-generated alien planets that you can reach with the warp drive and terraform to your desires. (This actually grew out of an earlier modding project to add an EntityLivingGeneric class that could use models, behaviors, and drops specified in NBT tags and allow players to genetically engineer custom mobs from dozens of pre-made parts. The goal is letting players design their own ecosystems, and having 'corrupted' versions of their custom mobs spawn as hostiles)

Dalsio: Go ahead and start, I don't think I'll be able to get the beta out until late January. The new ores will generate on other planets as well as Earth, and you don't need too many of them to reach the moon.

Glad to see there's still so much interest in my work. Next time: the research system.

• Maybe you could have a chat with XCompWiz. Unless you're thinking of designing a completely new way of travel, I imagine one would travel to the procedurally generated worlds via switching dimensions, kind of like Mystcraft. Maybe you can borrow a bit of his code, use some API, or he can give you some advice. Nonetheless, I'm most excited to see new reactors: Fusion reactors, Fusion-Fission perpetuity reactors, mini-suns and mini-sun reactors, black holes and black hole reactors, and supernova missiles. Seeing any of them at all would be fantastic, but any changes you can make to add to their complexity would also be fantastic. Maybe not IC2 Nuclear Reactor complex, but... complex. I don't know if such things will be in your final release, but a man can dream, right?

• Hey Kentington I was wondering if i could use your mod in a modpack I am making called the armageddon pack, It is planned (all though not guaranteed) to be in the FTB launcher
    It is planed to be a mix of Industrial mods and the more casual mods out there.

Thanks for reading

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Lol, thats 50% less than my Thread.

If you plan to make any kind of Cells/Dusts/Resources, then I'd suggest to make them Oredict-Compatible with my Addon. In that case I'd suggest to PM me.

This thread has also been inactive for a year.
    I'd like to say "nobody cares about your addon" but we both know that's not true. Stop making noise anyway.