Favorite source of scrap for recycler?

• i use rp rubberwood turn them into fences it's awesome 64rubberwood=512 sticks=170,6666666666666666 something must have gone wrong in my calculations.
    whatsoever since rp2 rubberwood is useless for anything else it is perfect for me.

• 1. Grow Watermelons in mass.
    2. Use Laser on them.
    3. Hoe the ground.
    4. Recycle.
    5. ???
    6. Profit

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• i use rp rubberwood turn them into fences it's awesome 64rubberwood=512 sticks=170,6666666666666666 something must have gone wrong in my calculations.
    whatsoever since rp2 rubberwood is useless for anything else it is perfect for me.

You know you can furnace the wood and make it into charcoal, right? That's what I use those trees for. That and tree houses. :D

• sugarcane!!!!!!

it isn't automatic but it is easiest and fastest to set up and it makes it so i can gather vast amounts of material on demand. One harvest (only the top two of each cane) is enough to fill my entire inventory with stacks of sugarcane and goes as fast as i can run through each row (you can overcome the hit speed limits my holding your mouse down before moving into range of the sugarcane). some falls off but i always get more then enough i gather them up when i need scrap and they double as a massive source of bio-fuel. it at least makes a little thermodynamic sense pulling energy from the sunlight. Either way it is the easiest way for me to get material.

• Mine has to be either excess cobble and dirt from BC quarries, or excess wood from Forestry. Depending on how much cactus I need for waterproofing and how much sugarcane my energy collectors from EE can eat, I use those too.

• I've got treecapitator installed, so by far my favorite recycler fodder is sticks. 1 5*5 treefarm provides shitloads of sticks for recycling fodder. i just load it up into a chest and my scrap factory turns them into sticks and feeds them into 4 recyclers. all i gotta do is empty out the scrap every so often and i'm set.

• I've got treecapitator installed, so by far my favorite recycler fodder is sticks. 1 5*5 treefarm provides shitloads of sticks for recycling fodder. i just load it up into a chest and my scrap factory turns them into sticks and feeds them into 4 recyclers. all i gotta do is empty out the scrap every so often and i'm set.

I thought that sticks don't make scrap anymore or was that glass pane?
    I know something's has been or is going to be not recyclable anymore. (the machine will accept it but not make scrap sorta thing)

• I am currently testing a new setup. Basically you use compressors and pumps to generate snowballs and recycle those. A screenshot of my testing setup:

I really like how you can easily extend this as much as you like, but the output is rather low. I am currently running 18 compressor/pump combos and they produce barely enough snowballs to keep 2 recyclers running. The whole setup uses about 25-35EU/t. Before I used miners on cobble generators and also BC quarries, but I already installed RP2 and I think I am going to setup some block breakers. IMO the only reason for using compressors would be that you don't want to mess with cobble gens and you don't want any other mods beside IC2 installed.

• Seeing I have RP2 installed, all I really need is my cobble gen. I already have 6 large chests full of it, and it generates a full chest in about ~7 mins or so.

• Seeing I have RP2 installed, all I really need is my cobble gen. I already have 6 large chests full of it, and it generates a full chest in about ~7 mins or so.

just curious, what kind of cobble gen setup do you have? Have a simple one-block one here. I first tried a self-activating system with a redstone torch below the created cobble block but that kept deactivating itself so I had to resort to a timer set to 2 seconds. Any cobble goes to sorting and anything leftover goes to recycling. Have 2 large chests of cobble, if I grab any it gets refilled before scrap production resumes.

• That's the easiest generator to use - it's compact and mostly maintenance-free. Also, you can put three of them in a "U" shape like so:

You don't even need that long pipe to the chest - put the chest in the middle of the three outputs and run one RP brass tube from each.

My only advice would be this: Try and build it all in one chunk, and if possible use onee of Zeldo's chunkloader blocks. Because I noticed that if the chunk gets unloaded, the lava may overflow into the rest of the machine - dissolving the redstone and evaporating the water. When that happens, you need to rebuild part of it.

• a good setup. the first one i saw when i originally got rp2. you can however compress the water side of it a little to save space, and put the blockbreakers in one long line for a large production facility. use the rp2 tubes out the end of the blockbreakers.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• Cobblegens are soo 2011 :D Im using a trapped snow golem, block breaking (RP2) the snow he constantly spawns, then stuff it into Recyclers. I can easily get 5 per second, per golem. Currently I have one golem feeding 5 Recyclers, could up that to 10 Recyclers per golem easy.