[Mod Idea] TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine)

• Please please please release and alpha version, This would be great fun to play with while waiting for ic2 with 1.0 compatibility!

Heck, if you put the source on github I will be forced to figure out how to use git and and compile mods...

Please please please release and alpha version, This would be great fun to play with while waiting for ic2 with 1.0 compatibility!

Heck, if you put the source on github I will be forced to figure out how to use git and and compile mods...

Any ETA on release? Can't wait!

If you are so interested in this mod-addon, maybe you should read the whole thread...
    Written in the very first post of this thread:

Right now i'm still waiting for IC2 to be 1.0.0 compatible before i start the process on integrating my mod.

• If you are so interested in this mod-addon, maybe you should read the whole thread...
    Written in the very first post of this thread:

And if you read my request you would notice that I am asking him to rethink this position with an unsupported alpha release while we wait.

• I hope this thing will be able to feast on Lapotron crystals, because a miner of that size will definitely need a lot of power. ._. Can't wait to see this thing in final addon form!

• It looks even more awesome than before - nice to finally get a look at the drill head and how that goes together.

My only complaint - as far as I can tell, there's no way to see where you're going from inside the machine (naturally, the drill head must occupy the entire front diameter of the vehicle). I'm hoping someone can come up with a suggestion for a way around that. Otherwise, it will only be a matter of time before someone drives their expensive TBM into lava...

• It looks even more awesome than before - nice to finally get a look at the drill head and how that goes together.

My only complaint - as far as I can tell, there's no way to see where you're going from inside the machine (naturally, the drill head must occupy the entire front diameter of the vehicle). I'm hoping someone can come up with a suggestion for a way around that. Otherwise, it will only be a matter of time before someone drives their expensive TBM into lava...

Yeah this is definitely one of the harder things, knowing where you are going. Of course the easiest fix would be a built in radar that scans in front of the drillheads. Was also thinking of some sort of CCTV support making it kind of like avatar where he kicks the sh*t out of the camera mount ;)

• Yeah this is definitely one of the harder things, knowing where you are going. Of course the easiest fix would be a built in radar that scans in front of the drillheads. Was also thinking of some sort of CCTV support making it kind of like avatar where he kicks the sh*t out of the camera mount ;)

Like The Core! Totally should do that! And program it to see AIR, too! :D

• Yeah this is definitely one of the harder things, knowing where you are going. Of course the easiest fix would be a built in radar that scans in front of the drillheads. Was also thinking of some sort of CCTV support making it kind of like avatar where he kicks the sh*t out of the camera mount ;)

I like the idea of the radar more, since you could make it to detect several blocks ahead (For example underground), and that would let you plan ahead.

• And if you read my request you would notice that I am asking him to rethink this position with an unsupported alpha release while we wait.

I'm sorry... I'm just so tired of all the people begging for a release..

Anyway, 1.0.0 is out and now its up to noosius to get it done.

Merry christmas!

• I see what you mean.I looks like this thing leaves a 5x5 solid wall behind but then immediately hollows it out for the tunnel. Also looking at the original video, I can see how the machine can keep stuff out of the inside:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mr…e=watch#p/u/4/ukjxPFUH-EE

I am blown away by the new tower building video!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mr…e=watch#p/u/0/QwB5MOwL-q0

I have to finish up my 1.0 base so that I can stockpile materials to play with these things. Just think about using a BC quarry hole and a tower builder setup to create a mob tower....

• Wow! Just when you think you've seen it all!
    This is honestly, hands-down, the most amazing and innovative mod that IC2's ever seen. Can't wait for more!

• I saw the initial discussion about this but I was skeptical. Now... it's just... glorious. It's incredible. Just seeing the few examples you posted (HUGE machine, small rail dual tunnels, glass water path, tower builder) I can see this has incredible potential. I hope this integrates very well into IC2. I'm imagining being able to run a nuclear plant ON my TBM in order to power it. I won't mind if that doesn't happen, but if it does, even better :).

• Actually in the first Tunnel video it just carves out a 5x5 section and replaces the walls with bricks. However in the glass tunnel video it does eject a concrete block and carves it out. This is because of how water works in MC. You need to specifically replace it with a block and then delete it, that's the only way to get dry :)

• Actually in the first Tunnel video it just carves out a 5x5 section and replaces the walls with bricks. However in the glass tunnel video it does eject a concrete block and carves it out. This is because of how water works in MC. You need to specifically replace it with a block and then delete it, that's the only way to get dry :)

I had a feeling that was the reasoning behind your design.

So, for lava safe tunneling, you need:
    1) a fully enclosed TBM
    2) a completely fabricated tunnel behind you
    3) and, from the front, a 5x5 drill head -> 3x3 block placer -> 2 empty blocks -> 3x3 drill head to dig the center of the tunnel?

Works for me.