I'm working on a TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine) mod for minecraft which i want to base on IC2. It consists of a very flexible system of interchangable modules that allow you to create some pretty whacky tunneling machines.
So far the mod consists of the following special modules :
- TBM Drillhead which does the drilling
- TBM Filler which outputs material in the direction you placed the block (like walls)
- TBM Engine which powers the thing and provides pretty gfx
- TBM Ejecters which output anything mined by the drillhead
- TBM Platform which serves as a metal grate base for the machine
- TBM TrackLayer which outputs a rail track behind or below the machine
Anything made of glass or iron blocks that is connected to the machine will be carried along.
Right now i'm still waiting for IC2 to be 1.0.0 compatible before i start the process on integrating my mod. However i'd like to hear some ideas for features regarding cabling and power consumption. My idea was to automatically create a cable while the machine is moving forward, effectively keeping itself connected to the grid. Also have an option to automatically put down a light fixture every x blocks.
1500+ Block TBM FPS Test : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC38k3JS2xk
TBM Boat Laying Glass Tunnel : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL24o7jYxd4
TBM in action : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukjxPFUH-EE
Making of the TBM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4rblU5I64I
Proposed tech tree, feel free to comment on it:
(The idea is still to use IC2 tech but not before 1.0.0 support is out)
Any input is greatly valued!