Completely Lossless Infinite Range Energy Transportation

• Yep, I've done it, completely lossless power transport, with unlimited range.

Mods: IC (obv), BC, RP, BC additional pipes

The first image is the charging station. Empty lapotrons come in through the right and are put into the top of the MFSU. The filter next to the MFSU has a full lapotron in it, so when it's done charging, it is pulled out and sent through the teleport pipe.

The second image is the de-charging station. The full lapos come in through the right tele pipe, and go into the chest. They are pulled out by the wooden pipe (assume an engine replaces the redstone power I'm using), and sent down to the MFSU. The redstone pipe activates a 100 second timer, which is enough for the crystal to de-charge completely. When the timer causes the wooden pipe on the left to pull out the empty lapotron (again we must assume that it turns on an engine for just a second), it is sent back to the chest, and the filter there with an empty lapotron in it pulls it out and it is sent back to the charging station. The obby pipe behind the MFSU is just to catch extras.

Notes:
    The more lapotrons in the system, the better it works.
    Not having at least 512 eu's coming into the charging mfsu (preferably 600, though not in one packet!) will cause the system to bottleneck there, so don't try to use this for really small power amounts.

So there you have it, all you need to transport tons of energy from one point, to any other point!

• Cool. I like your idea much better than RawCode's (not to mention, it's actually legible). For those of us who use BC with IC, this could be a fun way to send "power".

• I suppose you could use item teleport pipes for long distance, although I feel this goes against the "spirit" of IC.

• I suppose you could use item teleport pipes for long distance, although I feel this goes against the "spirit" of IC.

So grab something like MineFactory Reloaded and use minecarts to transport the crystals around then :)
    minefactory's got auto-loading rail for storage cart tracks.

• I don;t think you need the one empty block with the covers around it between the transposer/filter and the obsidian pipes, you should be able to put the obsidian pipe right next to it.

• I don;t think you need the one empty block with the covers around it between the transposer/filter and the obsidian pipes, you should be able to put the obsidian pipe right next to it.

Nope, transposers/fillers treat the obsidian pipe as a solid block and won't output into it.

• Or you could just TMI yourself some charged Lapotrons, or use Equivalent Exchange to convert cobblestone to coal and run generators or something.

Cheating is cheating. Clearly teleportation across vast distances of unlimited numbers of items ought to cost SOMETHING in the way of resources other than 1 diamond/pipe and uh some other minor resource.

Only reason that Additional Pipes doesn't charge anything is that Zeldo needs a faster computer (or spacetoad needs to optimize his code). They were intended for reducing computational load, not as a cheap trick.

• Nope, transposers/fillers treat the obsidian pipe as a solid block and won't output into it.

You /can/ however use the feature of tubes that treat abrupt endpoints as 'destinations' to have them spit out their load directly on to an obsidian pipe. Just set up a little enclosed drop area and you'll be fine.

• Or you could just TMI yourself some charged Lapotrons, or use Equivalent Exchange to convert cobblestone to coal and run generators or something.

Cheating is cheating.

Wow, you sound like we're robbing you or spoiling YOUR fun or something! The only way that would be possible is if you derive FUN from deciding how OTHER people get to play their game...

Is that the case? Is that why you're so troubled by this? If not, could you kindly keep in mind that you're not obligated to use this idea, or even the pipes - they're an optional add-on for another mod which happens to work well with IC2. Feel free to do it your way.

Cheating is cheating. Clearly teleportation across vast distances of unlimited numbers of items ought to cost SOMETHING in the way of resources other than 1 diamond/pipe and uh some other minor resource.

Only reason that Additional Pipes doesn't charge anything is that Zeldo needs a faster computer (or spacetoad needs to optimize his code). They were intended for reducing computational load, not as a cheap trick.

Everybody to their own, at least they aren't using EE or TMI but are actually building something.
    What's the difference here between using BC's pipes besides a longer transport time of said power and more lag?

Lapotrons doesn't come cheap and it is cheaper to build EV cables. So you decide what your needs are... More resources left after the build or less EU losses.
    Sure, once you have this system set up you have endless free transmission but at that stage in the game you could just as well have build solar farms anywhere you wanted free power using far less expensive materials.

• @Haters
    I combined mod functionality to automate a process that can already be done? OMG CHEATING!!! Dude nerf lapotrons NAO you shouldn't be able to transport energy with them!!!!!!!!111111oneoneone

@Everyone else
    I just designed this as a proof of concept to show that it is possible to transport power over long distances cheaply, without using a whole plethora of mods that are unbalanced and getting around the energy tp pipes built in loss. Personally, I like the idea of having a single power station somewhere transferring power everywhere it is needed, and this is the only feasible way possible. It also is great for making teleporters have an easy return ability.

Also:
    Player has expressed his ideas to make charging stuff like batteries and lapos have loss in it, if so, this would be balanced, until then, 8)

• I don't see why EE is such a hated mod...I mainly use it for converting annoying leftovers into useful blocks. The ability to churn out diamonds is something I use every now and then....although the current ver is a bit OP...48 shrooms/ 24 pumpkins = diamond but I don't think Ill do that too much...at least for IC items

• There's your answer. You can farm pumpkins. Basically, EE devalues anything of importance. IMO, you might as well just use TMI at that point.

The pumpkin part I might agree with, but I would note that you have to manually harvest anything other than cactus manually, unless you make a nice large pistion setup (which will actually take quite a long time to pay for itself) unless you are manually picking those pumpkins. All of the biogical objects have relatively low values, and honestly, it is not all that different from burning your metric-ton of sugarcane, powering a mass-fabricator (possibly boosted with scrap made from MORE sugarcane, cactus, or whatnot) and making diamonds that way. Hey, you might as well TMI that as well, since you are getting that for *free*, Because you clearly did not put any effort at all into setting up that automated system, right?

Oh, and considering you sometimes Mine, which also clearly requires no work, especialyl when you use a quarry or miner, That must also be cheating, or the same as TMIing, after all, You are getting it for *free*, no work on your part, right?

/sarcasm

But in all reality, most content mods are nicely balanced in their own reality, but when you add too many together, you can get fun loops of abuse that let you get free materials, (I think it was like, Take gold, turn to glowstone, to cobble, to gold ore, macerate, smelt, get 2 gold bars, etc) which is expected, because maceratior design implies that two bars can be gotten from one piece of ore, while Equivalent exchange says that a gold bar is equal to gold ore plus some energy, so you can easily see where this loop comes from. Its fine with only EE, and fine with only industrialist, and build-craft is quite nice, since it does not add much aside from automation capabilities.

• Oho, never thought I'd have my own quote clipped to be used against me. Ya I'll admit, the 5.4.6v for 1.8.1 of EE is completely and utterly broken(IDK if xeno is changing more in 5.x.x in 1.0.0). 24 pumpkins for a diamond is insanely cheap and way too easy. But I think EE overall adds a level of extra fun and absurdity that IC or BC or RP cannot deliver. Maybe it's just the fact that I've been using those three for so long I needed a break, and that's where the Destruction Catalyst comes in. Ill probably go back to my old set-up after the luster of being awesome for having DM stuff wears off(Which probably will be quick).

So yes I get your point about EE being broken, I'll say it is too, but it is one of the funnest mods I've played. I forget who said on this forum, "EE is about having fun, not about balance." With that, once the fun wears off, the balance issues prompt an immediate uninstall.

EDIT: Wow, first time I've been ninja'd

• I'm just explaining why I don't like it. It's not so much what you can do with it, it's the absurd exchange rate. It's like the guy who traded a novelty paperclip for a house... only without all the hard work that took.

• I'm just explaining why I don't like it. It's not so much what you can do with it, it's the absurd exchange rate. It's like the guy who traded a novelty paperclip for a house... only without all the hard work that took.

Lol, I remember that one, quite amusing. And yes, if it was done without that hard work, I would agree. However, the costs are, nowadays, reasonably balanced, so you do need a LOT of resources to convert into those higher tier ones, especially the biological stuff.

Anyway, for the actually topic of this thread, I would say that it is a good tihng for that design, that he hasn't gotten around to adding loss chance for teleport pipes, where depending on distance a (very small) chance of items being eaten by quantum zombies lost in transit would exist, similar to power (except ofc you cant lose 1/100th of a diamond, or whatever)

Well, At least this would be true if you were using teleport pipes, which is not the case here.

• The problem i have with EE (all version i have known since the past year or so) is that out of 512 cobble, or 1 diamond you can acquire just about any resource you want.
    If i have X*512 cobble or X*diamond i no longer need to mine for:

Iron, Gold, Redstone, Diamond, Ice (eh), obsidian, dirt, gravel, sand, glass.................

So yeah, that's ONE of the problems i have with EE, though i have used server side resource trading mods in the past and enjoyed them. Basically you use credits, you sell your 2 million cobble for 200,000 credits and use those 200,000 credits to buy yourself 200 diamonds. If you then wanted to trade those 200 diamonds back into cobble you wouldn't get 2 million cobble. That is a cost associated with the trading. Buy low, sell high. Makes perfect sense!
    EE is just a way to trade (without loss) one type of resource for another.

The other problem (even bigger) i have with EE is the glowstone aggregators and obsidian Aggregators etc etc. If you set up a farm of those you never need to leave your base to find resources ever again.

Finally, all EE is about is getting OMGWTF amounts of diamonds to make the cool magicky items that allow you to use magic to make 64 tile long, 3x3 wide tunnels into the world by the click of a button. And so on... (like i said, i don't like EE and thus i never reached a stage where i had klein stars etc etc)
    So the whole point of the mod is endlessly gathering resources and/or creating them out of thin air to get yourself the end game items. At which point you have so many diamond blocks you could build the world out of diamond alone.
    If i wanted to make a diamond block castle and not have to dig out an area aquivalent to the surface of Australia i would just use TMI or even WorldEdit.

That is what i think about EE and i feel many people get the same idea or train of thought once they understand what EE actually is.