[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• On the whole balance question, to make the UU cost per output the same as regular solars, you can make the output [Day (Night)] 6 (1) 20 (4) 128 (16). If you instead set it to hard build mode, you should boost the Advanced by 1N, and the Hybrid/Ultimate by 9N to compensate for the use of (non-renewable (except with extra bees)) uranium.
    I just crunched the numbers, and thought other people might be interested to know how they compare, approximately.

• I suggest that the Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel recipe requires a Hybrid Solar Panel instead of an Advanced Solar Panel in the recipe and the recipe with 8 Hybrid Solar Panels with an advanced circuit gets removed, so that the new recipe will look like this:

It also prevents people from skipping the Hybrid Solar Panel.

• Official Post

I suggest that the Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel recipe requires a Hybrid Solar Panel instead of an Advanced Solar Panel in the recipe and the recipe with 8 Hybrid Solar Panels with an advanced circuit gets removed, so that the new recipe will look like this:

It also prevents people from skipping the Hybrid Solar Panel.

But then it becuase less Efficient then just the Hybrids on their own, since roughly the same amount off Materials for that recipie as the 8 Hybrids, and 8 hybrids generate the same amount of EU as the Ultimate.

• But then it becuase less Efficient then just the Hybrids on their own, since roughly the same amount off Materials for that recipie as the 8 Hybrids, and 8 hybrids generate the same amount of EU as the Ultimate.

Yeap. Recipe is USP is balanced now. But i want to change recipe of Advanced Solar Panel. Now recipe is very cheap. I want to add "1 iridium ignot" and "1 diamond" in craft ASP. It's more balanced, than the current recipe. At a cost of craft should be so: 8 ASP > 1 HSP, 8 HSP > 1 USP. But now 8 ASP <<< 1 HSP.

• Iridium Ingot? Like placing Iridium in the Compressor? Or do you have other Plans for getting it (except smelting)? "ingotIridium" is compatible for my Recipes, just to say.

Yea, simple iridium ingot, no new material. I plan to add new machine block (8 ref iron + 1 iridium ingot), next craft new adv. machine block (2 Advanced Alloy, 2 carbon plate, 1 new machine block, 1 diamond, 1 small pile of sunnarium, 2 lapis).

P.S. Can you allowed to work ic centrifuge without cans (sample in salpeter recipe) ? All additional resources will simply disappear.

• Uhhh, what? More Information please.
    You can use IC-Fuelcans, IC-Cells or nothing at all in the secondary Slot.

Sample: i want to create salpeter from cracked sand. If i not insert can into centrifuge, it's not work. Logically, the centrifuge has to work and without can and all accompanying resources must be destroyed. It would be very convenient.

• Oh that. Thats denied. You have to manage all the byproducts, otherwise the created Fuel would stay in the Centrifuge and ruin the whole Machine.

Eh... My mini auto salpeter plant with generator for empty fuel cans and back it into centrifuge is epic (built only at BC pipes, use a full closed loop).

• Addon is updated
    Changelog of Advanced Solar Panels v 3.3.3:
    + Rebalanced recipe of Advanced Solar Panel (now it's more difficult)
    + Fixed bug with RP frames (ASP not work at changed frames)

• Addon is updated
    Changelog of Advanced Solar Panels v 3.3.3:
    + Rebalanced recipe of Advanced Solar Panel (now it's more difficult)
    + Fixed bug with RP frames (ASP not work at changed frames)

The "Enable hard recipes" config option set to false doesn't change the advanced solar recipe at all. Not sure if that is intended or not.

I'm at the point where the recipe changes mean little though for new starts that change would be a real pain. Not sure how I feel about that. It seems overly costly too me. Diamonds are fair game but requiring uu-matter and iridium at that stage? I think it is a little too much.

Just my view of course.

• The "Enable hard recipes" config option set to false doesn't change the advanced solar recipe at all. Not sure if that is intended or not.

I'm at the point where the recipe changes mean little though for new starts that change would be a real pain. Not sure how I feel about that. It seems overly costly too me. Diamonds are fair game but requiring uu-matter and iridium at that stage? I think it is a little too much.

Just my view of course.

I agree as well. It's just not worth building advanced solars anymore. It's not much of a problem late game, but I think this will turn a lot of people off to the mod. First tier of an item should never require iridium and uu matter. I think I'll hold off doing this update. Hopefully this is reconsidered.

• The "Enable hard recipes" config option set to false doesn't change the advanced solar recipe at all. Not sure if that is intended or not.
    Just my view of course.

Base recipe of ASP in hard and standart mode is same (exclude uran). Now is more balanced, than older version. 9 uu matter and 1 diamond not very expensive. 8 ASP must be more expensive than 1 HSP. Now 8 ASP = 1 HSP for Iridium cost. If my recipe is expensive, check GregTech solar recipe xD.

I agree as well. It's just not worth building advanced solars anymore. It's not much of a problem late game, but I think this will turn a lot of people off to the mod. First tier of an item should never require iridium and uu matter. I think I'll hold off doing this update. Hopefully this is reconsidered.

See answer above.

i think there is a name isue with the vajra
    tool name: "Vajra"
    but we use a :"Varja core" to make it

This is syntax error, i will fix it in next version.

• Base recipe of ASP in hard and standart mode is same (exclude uran). Now is more balanced, than older version. 9 uu matter and 1 diamond not very expensive. 8 ASP be more expensive than 1 HSP. Older recipe is unbalanced. 8 ASP cheaper than 1 HSP.

Well, in fairness now, 1 HSP is cheaper than 8 ASP's. You're better off just building a Hybrid upfront rather than wasting time with making so many advanced panels. It works out to be less resources.

• Oh boy... diamonds are fine, but UU-matter is a bit of an overkill imo. Especially for people using Gregtech, getting uu-matter in the beggining is EXTREMELY hard, next to impossible so that means the first tier solar panels becomes unusable. A bit sad... but the mod deserves to be used, nevertheless. Hope you change your mind about UU-matter, though.

• Oh boy... diamonds are fine, but UU-matter is a bit of an overkill imo. Especially for people using Gregtech, getting uu-matter in the beggining is EXTREMELY hard, next to impossible so that means the first tier solar panels becomes unusable. A bit sad... but the mod deserves to be used, nevertheless. Hope you change your mind about UU-matter, though.

I support the new recipes, but i'm not supporter of hardcore though. Previous recipes were making the nuclear reactor reduntant and useless. Once you crafted one that solar, that was enough for all standart machines (mac, ext, comp), so you don't need to care about energy at all. Easy-to-say that made step of nuclear reactors reduntant. Previously that was Mining -> Rubber trees -> Generator -> Basic machines -> Solar panel -> Advanced solar panel -> Mass Fab -> Hybrid -> Profit. Please notice that the time needed to upgrade from advanced solar panels to hybrid ones was really such small, that uum lost its expensiveness at all. Now you need to include nuclear reactor (and of course big consuming of copper) step between solar panel and advanced solar panel. I think that this update is fairly the best for the good of playing interest. As for gregtech, yes, i agree with you. The mod should recognize whether gregtech is installed and then replace that uber-expensive thingy with silicon plates for instance.

• Base recipe of ASP in hard and standart mode is same (exclude uran). Now is more balanced, than older version. 9 uu matter and 1 diamond not very expensive. 8 ASP must be more expensive than 1 HSP. Now 8 ASP = 1 HSP for Iridium cost. If my recipe is expensive, check GregTech solar recipe xD.

I can see the reason why it is changed but none the less it now looks severely more difficult (looking from the perspective of a player starting out) due to the requirement of uu-matter. I know uu-matter isn't hard to get but when people are setting up their systems it seems like a burden they would opt out of. I really do think the change would put people off but like I said.

Just my opinion of course. I'm still using it but I do think others could be turned away by it and switch to compact solars.

• Wow, thanks for the recipe change of ASP. Still a bit cheaper (iron wise) compared to LV solar if you are not using GT (not a complain).
    Btw can we have a recipe that convert 8 ASPs to 1 hybrid solar panel?