[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• With GT installed and its railcraft iron plate conversion IridumIron Plates are uncraftable, please patch them to use the OreDictionary.

• Yay! This version works for me. Now I have virtually all of my favorite mods for 1.6.4! I've been waiting for this mod to update so that I could put a private pack together that I can enjoy when I take a 2 week vacation from work at the end of the year (gotta love state government jobs. So many leave days!).

Just one thing, though... nice recipe buff! Granted, I was expecting to still see uranium ore being used intensively in the recipes. My Forestry Bee business has now gone out of business. :( :p Sure, it's a lot of EU for the iridium, but so was getting the UU-Matter.

Maybe some multi-block Extreme Ultimate Hybrid Solar setup (2048 EU/t, seeing that MFSUs support that now) that requires a(n un-)healthy dose of uranium?

As for the recipe, I remember it getting a bit harder for the mid-tier solars in 1.5, and I actually liked that change. It made it more rewarding to try and get the Advanced Solar while scrapping every available EU for UU-Matter production (storing up EU in a bat-box, and sending it through a transformer going in reverse to give the Mass Fabricator more EU). Then, it was on to building Ultimate Hybrids, and watching the UU-Matter production slowly increase, while shaking my fist at the fact that I needed to quarry a 64x64 chunk just to find a stack of uranium (that's why I got into bees). Well, worth it in the end.

EDIT: Just having some fun testing in Creative with my favorite mods (Ultimate Solars and Applied Energistics). :) (there's a level emitter hidden in the background)

I was also just thinking, the Molecular Transformer could also use some sort of catalyst to turn the iron into iridium... (like cans liquid UU-Matter or some recipe involving UU-Matter). The Quantum Generator should have an editable field to change the EU amounts, too, rather than just clicking +100 a million times for testing.

• With Gregtech, there is no receipe for 2xisolated gold cables, they are needed for solar helmet.

Is this a miss config on my side?

Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es (Erich Kästner)

Edited once, last by Ngar ().

• For some reason I'm having a hard time getting the 3.3.8 version to work with ic2 1.118.401 here is the error when loading

• Aye but the 3.3.8 version says it works for 1.118.401, also by upgrading to experimental version I'm not sure if I will lose all my IC2 stuff and world generation. everything else works fine in 1.118 i don't really wanna upgrade if i don't need too just for 1 add-on , I'm using a few add-ons that work with 1.118.401. So if i can find a way to get 3.3.8 (which it says it does) to work I would be much happier. However if upgrading to EXP IC2 will not mess up my current world once all the add-ons are updated as well i would consider that as an option.

• Most addons are updated to IC²-Experimental, however the world has changed (lead ore added) and many things got reworked

The "experimental" branch has become relatively stable. (Oh please don't make me pay for having said that. ;)

Is there a visible point in the future yet when it will no longer be "experimental" and become, in name as well as implementation/development, the main branch?

• Official Post

The "experimental" branch has become relatively stable. (Oh please don't make me pay for having said that. ;)

The last 3 builds failed :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Is there a visible point in the future yet when it will no longer be "experimental" and become, in name as well as implementation/development, the main branch?

Indeed it is very stable (regarding crashes and such), but it still have some flaws that may make people angry (such as e-net, content and API changes).

I think the main reason for it to be "experimental" is because the main developer is missing for long and the other devs had to move on.
    Whenever it gets stable, with the content properly implemented (mainly the e-net and UUM reworks), it might change its name.

@above : The last three builds indeed failed, but it is nothing bad, as it is said to be a failed/buggy build that no one would download and use it.

• alright i updated to latest version of ic2 and tested out things before i update my world. i notice that ultimate solar helmet isn't charging anything but itself. quantum armor does not recharge. everything else seems fine

• alright i updated to latest version of ic2 and tested out things before i update my world. i notice that ultimate solar helmet isn't charging anything but itself. quantum armor does not recharge. everything else seems fine

Yeah if you go up a page you will see I reported the same issue. SeNtiMeL said he'll fix it in the next version

• The regular Insulated Gold Cable has 2 Insulations on it in IC² Experimental, but the Name ofcourse changed to just be Insulated Gold Cable and not the 2x Variant.

with GT receipt for solar helmet don´t work with standard gold wire ID 30184:3, also if it made with two rubber... ;(

Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es (Erich Kästner)

• Addon updated !
    ChangeLog of Advanced Solar Panels v3.4.5
    + Fixed all tiers of charging items (both in SolarPanels and Helmets)
    + Fixed recipe load in Molecular Transformer (when delete some mods recipes not load correctly)
    + Fixed recipe of Advanced Solar Helmet
    + Improved NEI integration in Molecular Transformer
    + Improved GUI of Molecular transformer (now numbers are divided by the digit)
    + Added Molecular Transformer recipes file. Now Molecular transformer is fully configurable !!! You can add new own recipes and change it in "AdvancedSolarPanel_MTRecipes.cfg".

• Official Post

+ Added Molecular Transformer recipes file. Now Molecular transformer is fully configurable !!! You can add new own recipes and change it in "AdvancedSolarPanel_MTRecipes.cfg".

Just beat me to suggest that :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• uptated to 3.4.5 and noticed that i cannot make copper and tin plates using the ic2 hammer anymore. not sure if this is a bug or not. downgraded back to 3.4.3 and can craft them again

• uptated to 3.4.5 and noticed that i cannot make copper and tin plates using the ic2 hammer anymore. not sure if this is a bug or not. downgraded back to 3.4.3 and can craft them again

Same thing here, somehow 3.4.5 seriously messes with a LOT of things tin based. Can't make forestry cans, can't make tin plates (NEI shows you need fire (ID 51) to make them)

something got goofed up in 3.4.5