[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• Suggestion: lunar panels, they would output more eu in the night then the day.
    They would be crafted with lunarium and have the same teir system as the solar panels.
    Then you would craft them together surrounded with some form of combination between sunnarium and lunarium to create the ultimate solar/lunar panel.

• Suggestion: lunar panels, they would output more eu in the night then the day.
    They would be crafted with lunarium and have the same teir system as the solar panels.
    Then you would craft them together surrounded with some form of combination between sunnarium and lunarium to create the ultimate solar/lunar panel.

That's really cool idea! In minecraft night and day time are 1:1, so they should output the same EU amount as solar panels. It is really easy to implement it. Just put "if (isNight)" instead of "if (!isNight)", for instance.

• first off i am using tekkit pack coz i am lazy hahaha anyway the buffer using the same id, but due to your good programing it made a config file and i was able to change the block id, first mod i seen that normaly when you add in a mod and you have block id conflict the computer explods and then a block hole opens not with your mod everything went in smooth

For anyone else who is lazy and using Tekkit, here is my config file.

# Configuration file
    # Generated on 6/12/12 9:41 PM

####################
    # block
    ####################

block {
    blockID=386
    guiAdvancedSolarPanel=113
    guiHybridSolarPanel=114
    guiUltHybridSolarPanel=115
    }

####################
    # general
    ####################

general {
    AdvGenDay=10
    AdvGenNight=1
    AdvOutput=32
    AdvStorage=32000
    HybGenDay=64
    HybGenNight=8
    HybOutput=128
    HybStorage=100000
    UltHybGenDay=512
    UltHybGenNight=64
    UltOutput=512
    UltStorage=1000000
    }

####################
    # item
    ####################

item {
    }

I personaly use the Soartex pack is it ok i look into modding this texture pack to add your Advanced Solar Panels, plus i plan to alpha blend the textures as well, i will be happy to give you a copy of the texture pack ect.
    PS:
    Version i am using is 3.0.0 for MC 1.2.5
    i notice the quantum device was missing is that because of version i am using or did i miss something?

Thanks for a Great Addon to IC2 10/10.

• I think that the "standard" advanced panel is too hard to make, and that the advanced advanced panel produces wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much power. Dont make it harder to create, jjust make it produce, like, 30 eu/t in daylight and 6 eu/t at night / when it's raining.

the normal solar panels make more then that and these are advanced solar paneles thus they make more.

• crash while ingame after placing any solar panel

API failure, do we meet again? Try this, it might work.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Im using curent 1.4.5 updates for all mods i dont think its the API but who knows,

if you read the error report it says ;

at ic2 common network managerpacket data

is this api sounds like when solars send packet data from charging something is not right with ic2 and it fails =crash
    If it is an api issue with another mod i have 100 mods that i am succesfully using in my pack i am experienced at getting these mods to be compatable.
    AS was the last mod i put in. the error report i beleve contains all the other mods im using and they all worked great including other solar mods .
    i did post this error report on mantis so that the ic2 team could also look at the issue just incase its ic2.

i am also using forge
    opi fine
    nei
    id resolver
    multi mc
    and 100 other mods if you require a deatailed list of mods, and versions i can provide the list i love advanced solar i feel like im missing a mod if i cant use your mod in my pack.
    also i can reproduce this error basically the mod will load and i can go in world. while in game on a map ill place a solar dosnt matter which one. i can open a gui and watch it charge then after a min or 2 with or without being in the gui minecraft freezes then crashes and shows the error report everytime the error reports are the same as listed hope this helps giving more detail.

• what good is the Quantum Generator is you can't build it? I know this was added for server admins and modders, but...seriously? How much power can this produce? IMHO, it should be craftable but require a TON of resources and component machines to build.

• Official Post

what good is the Quantum Generator is you can't build it? I know this was added for server admins and modders, but...seriously? How much power can this produce? IMHO, it should be craftable but require a TON of resources and component machines to build.

Quantum generators can provide any amount of energy in any desired packet size. Thats why it is uncraftable.
    For example an admin can set one to produce 512000000... EU/t with 512 Eu packet size. Thats infinite energy.

@Suggestion : Ultimate hybrid solar panels are cheap if compared to compact solars, which doesnt require crapton of resources, just some rare (not rare after uu) resources.
    You could change Ulti hybrid solar panels to require some kind of compact solars (keep recipe, but change adv solar panel to some kind of 64 compacted solars)

• what good is the Quantum Generator is you can't build it? I know this was added for server admins and modders, but...seriously? How much power can this produce? IMHO, it should be craftable but require a TON of resources and component machines to build.

It is meant for maps.

It can output any amount of energy you specify.

Nope, never going to be implemented, unless it costs 9 Ultra-Compacted Iridium Blocks. (which would be 9 * 9 * 9 * 9 * 9 * 9 = 53 144 iridium = 3.72 million UU).

can we say "hell no"? I knew you could.
    Craftable quantum generators would be seriously unbalanced and overpowered, no matter how many resources it took. They never run out of power and can dump out ludicrous amounts of energy.

aka: map makers and server admins *only*

• What are the better solar panels in regards to EU produced? Is there any chart or Wiki I can look at to compare output?

Also: UU Mater, how do you make it?

Hmmm ... First: it's detailed in the thread, first post. And I thought that was obvious: the more expensive produce the more --'
    As for UUM ... it's made with the Massfab, but assuming you're playing FTB, it's made with the Matterfabricator: 16 666 666EU/UUM + 34 scraps for each UUM.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• NO! The EU out is limited only by the cables and transformers you can connect to it. No way should any 1 item be able to replace thousands of solars or dozens of nuclear reactors.

• If I build the Ultimate Hybrid Panels, I would need MFS Units as the MFE's I currently have would explode. And I would need a Matter Fabricator to get UUM. Check...this is going to take some time.

• Getting Error When attempting to use a electric wrench on advanced solar panel.

Using Forge 6.4.1.430 IC2 1.110.137 and latest advanced panels version

[SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception AbstractMethodError
    java.lang.AbstractMethodError: advsolar.TileEntityAdvancedSolarPanel.getWrenchDrop(Lqx;)Lum;
    at ic2.common.ItemToolWrench.onItemUseFirst(ItemToolWrench.java:119)
    at ic2.common.ItemToolWrenchElectric.onItemUseFirst(ItemToolWrenchElectric.java:51)
    at ir.a(ItemInWorldManager.java:386)
    at iv.a(NetServerHandler.java:525)
    at fl.a(SourceFile:58)
    at cg.b(TcpConnection.java:451)
    at iv.d(NetServerHandler.java:82)
    at iw.b(NetworkListenThread.java:55)
    at ht.b(SourceFile:30)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:696)
    at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:252)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:592)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:499)
    at fy.run(SourceFile:856)

Full crash log attached.

Why? So after you gain a bunch of resources, you never have to worry about energy in any way again, this isn't EE2 here.

EDIT: I see now that I was on the wrong page, and therefore got nina'd several times

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l