Ooooh SNAP! (IC2 1.42 and incoming problems)

• OK here goes... You have listed Forge 1.2.2 as a required version for IC2. Thing is, Forge 1.2.2 is bug ridden and causes issues with RP2.
    Is Forge 1.2.2 really needed or can we get away with Forge 1.2.0? If we can't then BAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!
    Because then we have to wait for.... Yeah you get my point ;)

I shall test 1.42 soon (ish) and see if it works with Forge 1.2.0 but in the mean time i am just checking with others AND letting them know that RP2 might have problems with Forge 1.2.2... Bug problem for all those Nuclear Engineers waiting for those OP retrievers. :P

• Odd. Forge 1.2.2 works fine with me and IC2 1.0, alongside BC, RP2, Turrets, etc.

Admittedly there are the broken chunks, but a quick reload of the world fixes that.

• Well there has been some mentions of Forge 1.2.1 and Forge 1.2.2 being bad with RP2 but i can't recall what those issues actually where and the RP2 thread is going like a wildfire where the firefighters accidentally filled their water buckets with jet fuel.

• Official Post

There is a good reason for this, as there were some MAJOR SMP issues, that were caused by forge. So in conclusion, yes 1.2.2 IS required!

EDIT: Oh FYI, the requirement for 1.2.2 is hard coded in, so unless you want to decompile edit and recompile, 1.2.2 is not optional.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• EEEK. Oh well, good to know!

I just hope RedPower 2 will be running smoothly on 1.2.2 then.

And what happens if Forge is updated to 1.2.3++?
    You say it's hardcoded, that means we can't update forge now if an update is released that fixes a bug or two?

• Official Post

1. The requirement is only a MINIMUM version, you can use 1.2.2+ fine.
    2. The buggy versions of Forge for 1.0.0 are older versions, 1.2.2 is the good stable 1.0.0 release. There may be new ones, but afaik RP2 works fine (I haven't run into any hiccups)
    3. Enjoy stable 1.0.0.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• 1. The requirement is only a MINIMUM version, you can use 1.2.2+ fine.
    2. The buggy versions of Forge for 1.0.0 are older versions, 1.2.2 is the good stable 1.0.0 release. There may be new ones, but afaik RP2 works fine (I haven't run into any hiccups)
    3. Enjoy stable 1.0.0.

KK, thanks. Surprisingly i haven't even installed IC2 for 1.0.0 yet (because i am a patient man and all that) so i don't know how badly it will affect RP2 etc.
    Just letting you know that RP2 users have had issues with Forge 1.2.2 and thus backdated to Forge 1.2.0 and the issues where solved. Even Eloraam confirmed the issues with Forge 1.2.2 and RP2PR4b will have a fix.

• KK, thanks. Surprisingly i haven't even installed IC2 for 1.0.0 yet (because i am a patient man and all that) so i don't know how badly it will affect RP2 etc.
    Just letting you know that RP2 users have had issues with Forge 1.2.2 and thus backdated to Forge 1.2.0 and the issues where solved. Even Eloraam confirmed the issues with Forge 1.2.2 and RP2PR4b will have a fix.

Nope.. no issues with Forge 1.2.2, just RP2 itself. In the meantime everything works great just as long as you don't mind enchantments not working.

Yes, we broke that by accident with Forge 1.2.0. It's fixed in 1.2.1/1.2.2, but those versions break RedPower. I'm working on getting pr4b out soon, which will fix it completely.

What happened is that we missed a change in MC 1.0, and one of the contributors fixed it while I was away. That broke RedPower, and I couldn't update it at the time.
    Now that I'm settling in back at home, it should only be a couple days before I get pr4b out, which should fix the couple bugs that popped up. Today I just got distracted working on RP Control

both of those are quotes of Eloraam on the RP2 Minecraft Forum thread.

• I'm actually going to wait on the add-on's to catch up with the newest version of IC... mostly due to the fact that I've invested alot of time into Wood Gasificators, and I would rather wait till Adv. Gen. is updated as well. But, this does conflict with my desire to try Thaumcraft (as Apothicarium is, afaik, discontinued)...

Unless Alba adds another version with alot of new stuff, I kinda don't see the need to move onto the 'official' version of Minecraft... lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Yeah, not a major issue for me - I already have more Nikolite than I know what to do with, anyhow.
    Eloraam's already said that it spawns more often than she'd have liked, so this is kind of an unexpected temporary solution.

• Yeah, not a major issue for me - I already have more Nikolite than I know what to do with, anyhow.
    Eloraam's already said that it spawns more often than she'd have liked, so this is kind of an unexpected temporary solution.

It's sort of an issue for me.. I started over for 1.0 so just 3 out of 3 blocks was rather disappointing.

• I can see that, truly - but the stuff spawns more frequently than intended, so chances are you'll find a lot more of it around.

• I can see that, truly - but the stuff spawns more frequently than intended, so chances are you'll find a lot more of it around.

It does. After about 30 minutes of mining, I had well over 55 Nikolite Dusts.

• Quote from Eloraam

Myself and another Forge developer did a lot of work on Forge tonight, but we really didn't expect IC² to be accessing those fields in quite that way.

Anyway, I've pushed a new version of the experimental forge binaries which should fix this issue.

Using the experimental 1.2.3 build of Forge that she pushed should work with IC2 AND RP2 PR4b which solves the issues.

• Seems to be working so far for me - but then again, I haven't encountered any of the issues that were supposedly wonky in 1.2.2... guess I'll go find some Nikolite and see what it drops, that's a good casual test.

• So the chunkfails are a Forge thing? Crud... I thought they were due to Optifine. I was just about to uninstall it, but now I find out that the real cause of the problem is Forge! Not a huge problem for most, except for the fact that the center of my house on my LP world just keeps getting one after about 5 minutes of play. A weird thing though is that AntVenom has been having chunk errors during his videos too recently and that is with no mods installed... Unless he has a jar with ML and Forge installed and just drags out his mods folder when doing vids... Huh.

• So the chunkfails are a Forge thing? Crud... I thought they were due to Optifine. I was just about to uninstall it, but now I find out that the real cause of the problem is Forge! Not a huge problem for most, except for the fact that the center of my house on my LP world just keeps getting one after about 5 minutes of play. A weird thing though is that AntVenom has been having chunk errors during his videos too recently and that is with no mods installed... Unless he has a jar with ML and Forge installed and just drags out his mods folder when doing vids... Huh.

Strange thing is. With JUST the dependancies in the JAR (ML, MLMP, Forge) with Optifine, I don't get chunk fails, remains that way as I add mods to the mod folder, then RedPower goes in, BOOM! Disappearing chunks.

Might just be me though.

• Strange thing is. With JUST the dependancies in the JAR (ML, MLMP, Forge) with Optifine, I don't get chunk fails, remains that way as I add mods to the mod folder, then RedPower goes in, BOOM! Disappearing chunks.

Might just be me though.

Actually I also get them with vMC sometimes. So not particular a forge-thing, it may increase this things happening (well in my actuall survival-world I have no errors).