Lack of tin

• Does anyone else run into the problem of having hundreds and hundreds of copper dusts but no tin dusts to make bronze? I see there is a recipe to make iron from tin+copper, but i have more than enough iron, and tin is what I am always short on.

• Yup, always needing tin. Don't want it too common, otherwise things would be too easy. ;)

It's found in the lower layers, thus some deep cave exploring is your best bet (I just finished going on a tin hunt, came up with a stack plus 20). Dig deep!

• I made a new world recently, and found I actually was continually short on copper, because I always mine way down near layer 10-15.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• I made a new world recently, and found I actually was continually short on copper, because I always mine way down near layer 10-15.

Just like that. When i started using miners, i suddenly had too much copper, but then i took an arr but then i built reactor. I think if you have too much resources, you are expanding your machinery too slowly.

• Diamonds (and possibly redstone) are much rarer in 1.0.0 worlds. Worse, both seem to be very sporadic.

Haven't noticed redstone being particularly more rare but diamond... sheesh. I've got a pretty large branch mine around layer 8 or 9 and I have yet to hit a diamond.
    have a pretty large area mined with a quarry and I think I hit maybe 10 there so far, this being less than i've hit in previous large holes. Most of my diamond used to date has come from coal (industrial diamond) or uu-matter. (whee! 37 uu-matter per iridium plate)

• I have no worries with Tin or Copper due to RP2 and Forestry.

But, I have noticed that there seems to be a real lack of Redstone as of late. And I haven't found a single diamond yet. Hmmmm...

• And I thought it was just me....
    Diamonds are super hard to come by for me as of late.
    Redstone hasn't been that big of an issue, but it does seems a bit less from previous versions of minecraft.

• Redstone isn't that big of a deal IF you aren't many many advanced machines with glowstone via redstone (which you sort of have to compared to visiting the nether early in the game); and if you also aren't trying to make RP2 stuff (which also likes redstone). What used to be 'more than enough' is now, "I'd better be careful what I make."

Also, diamonds; HOLY COW are they expensive now. The 'balance' for glass fiber cable should probably swing a bit back towards the old numbers given the new rate of diamonds; and making the Qsuit cost so many (with no lesser suit upgrade in to it path) is crazy.

• Diamonds are really valuable, especially with buildcraft diamond gears.
    Though I'm lacking redstone way more. There's no way I will craft glowstone anymore, it's way easier to get a diamond drill and visit nether.

Not sure about other ores, seems reasonable for me. At least with the miner you won't really lack tin/copper/iron.

• If you don't like the vanilla ore distribution you could always try OreVeins... (Not going to link it, that would be advertising) :P

you have too much resources, you are expanding your machinery too slowly.

Very good quote... For me, I usually overcome my resource hurtles via alchemical assistance. In 1.7.3, it was Ore Trees. in 1.8.1 it was Apothicarium. Now, in 1.0.0, it's Thaumcraft since I like that style of magick and I would rather use it than EE (despite liking the new EE system as of now).

I would really suggest turning to alchemy towards the late game where energy supply is high, but resources start to dwindle. This way, you are rewarded for progressing in your tech, as well as handling your resource needs when technology won't fit the bill...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Very good quote... For me, I usually overcome my resource hurtles via alchemical assistance. In 1.7.3, it was Ore Trees. in 1.8.1 it was Apothicarium. Now, in 1.0.0, it's Thaumcraft since I like that style of magick and I would rather use it than EE (despite liking the new EE system as of now).

I would really suggest turning to alchemy towards the late game where energy supply is high, but resources start to dwindle. This way, you are rewarded for progressing in your tech, as well as handling your resource needs when technology won't fit the bill...

Get EE, and make an "alchemical flower". Condensers next to collectors, and redstone engines pumping things out. Diamonds in no time! Well, you di have to wait a day and an age, but it is worth it. You can also change iron into tin.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• I finally consolidated my storage chests from all over and figured out why I am so short on tin... I have 9 full stacks of lava cells, plus the cells that have been used to power everything I have done until now(finally got reactor online).

I have played with EE on a single player world, but it seemed a bit over powered when I literally was running out of room for the diamond blocks I was producing.

• Also don't waste your copper by making bronze tools/armor. In my opinion it's pure waste. Nanosuit is pretty cheap (coal... DUH), so i think it is pointless to make ANY kind of armor before nanosuit. Those few diamonds are really worth it.
    Nanosuits (not bronze armors) save lives. (master pluralizer)
    It's a shame nanosuit is not used in making q-armor. (Offtopic :whistling: )