Suggestion: Diving Helmet/Rebreather

• Building an underwater home got you feeling blue? Well that's probably just asphyxiation! Why not craft yourself an helmet with the wonderful life-giving properties of oxygen to make those underwater jaunts more fun filled and less likely to end up with you floating belly up! Just charge these little beauties up and away you go, no more worrying about hard to find enchantments and remembering to keep an eye on those little bubble icons of doom.

"Power" could be from electricity, Canned air, or compressed empty cells or some other source. An much cheaper alternative to the quite epic QuantumSuit helmet. Would probably consist of basic circuits, an battery or cell or such, some refined iron, and either glass block or an iron helmet. ?(

• Three words:
    Pretty fucking Expensive

A rebreather that you could make using the canning machine (The empty rebreather + Oxigen Cell) or something would be nice for the poor people asking for it.

Canned Air, stacks to 64.
    On right-click use: Replenish your Oxygen Bar
    'Fresh from Druidia!'
    (Only partially kidding)

Electrolyzing water in RL breaks it down into Hydrogen and Oxygen, so... canning an Electrolyzed Water Cell? Probably a rather expensive solution, unless you get a LOT of canned oxygen.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• It should not stack, infinite time underwater its no good. You should be forced to go back to base from time to time.

If you want to stay for longer periods you get the quantum.

And my original idea was to Can oxygen into the mask using a oxigen cell using the Canner only (Kinda like the Fuel Jetpack), but maybe using hydrolized water could work instead (Too bad you could not get the hydrogen as a sub product). Of course the water mask should give some decent time underwater (But not the same nor half of the quantum... maybe 10-15% duration of the quantum, although i dunno how much time you can last underwater with a fully charged quantum)

Recipe (Although it nevers matter anyway) would be a mix of rubber, glass and empty cells.

• I definitely like this idea :3 Will probably implement it as part of the rubber set, given its meant to be an hazmat suit (thus its mask requiring some sort of airsupply as well).

For some reason, I smell a scuba suit... and it's not the mold growing in it...

• Nope, it will be "Rubber Armor" preventing Damage from most natural hazards as in lava, suffocation, drowning (latter two via consuming "air cells"), fire, lightning and (less nautral hazardish) electric shocks.

Swiming suit to swim in lava, water, gravel, sand aaand electricity ! Darn that must be awesome rubber.

• Official Post

XD True, true... it has leather durability though, shouldn't use it to fight anything but small slimes or sheeps.
    However, given the fact it does not absorb, but NULLIFY the damage, it's potentially superior to the QuantumSuit in these situations. And a heckload of cheaper.

• XD True, true... it has leather durability though, shouldn't use it to fight anything but small slimes or sheeps.
    However, given the fact it does not absorb, but NULLIFY the damage, it's potentially superior to the QuantumSuit in these situations. And a heckload of cheaper.

Exactly, one may consider crafting multiple rubber sets instead of spending whole life to craft single quantum set. And with toolbox, you can always carry a few with you.

• Ooo, the enviroment suit sounds excellent!
    I wanted something much cheaper than the quantum suit, as awesome as it is I can never get enough scrap to make the irridum :(
    I think the canned air or something would be an neat way of making it work, although using electricity is a more renewable resource unless the cans are recycled... also swimming through lava sounds awesome :thumbup:

Soon I shall be able to make huge underwater cities without drowning myself every few minutes! I hope we get more Aquaculture stuff, someones suggested an neat idea for algae farming that sounds fun too!

• is this a good idea? 11

1. yes (11) 100%
    2. No (1) 9%

I definitely like this idea :3 Will probably implement it as part of the rubber set, given its meant to be an hazmat suit (thus its mask requiring some sort of airsupply as well).

i think it would be a good idea for it to be used kind of like a safety suit for dealing with nuclear reactors as well.if you don't wear the full suit then depending on your protection levels(no matter of the heat of the reactor)that it will induce a poisoned state due to radiation poisoning. again lethality depends on amount of protection (also a cool idea) as the reactor heats up it also heats the air or a limited space around it requiring that you use coolant cells as well to be near the reactor (maby use crafting recipe of: :coolant cell:chestplate:coolant cell: ?
    also using an air filter as a longer lasting but more expensive alternative to air cells(only above ground) maby made with
    carbon meshes for the filter (rechargable)? if so it would have to hold an incredibly small charge or we have more quantum armor. if this is stupid then im sorry but this is my first reply to a sugestion.but it could make gameplay more interesting

lol 2 people fear the nuker

• Only one thing to say:

ME GUSTA!

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Nope, it will be "Rubber Armor" preventing Damage from most natural hazards as in lava, suffocation, drowning (latter two via consuming "air cells"), fire, lightning and (less nautral hazardish) electric shocks.

"Rubber Armor" You sick fuck you mean the "Latex Bodysuit" :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• "Rubber Armor" You sick fuck you mean the "Latex Bodysuit" :P

Oh lawd. I didn't think Al was into that. Now I'm not so sure about the suit...

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.