What do you use the mining laser explosive mode for?

• Just sort of wondering what everyone uses the explosive mode on the mining laser for.
    I use it to "mine" RP2 rubber trees with NEI "Magnet mode" on given they're quite huge.
    sucks the lappack dry pretty quick but it's only energy :)

in other news: 1 down, 6 or 7 to go... (spawned near quite a few of them this world)

• Just sort of wondering what everyone uses the explosive mode on the mining laser for.
    I use it to "mine" RP2 rubber trees with NEI "Magnet mode" on given they're quite huge.

in other news: 1 down, 6 or 7 to go... (spawned near quite a few of them this world)

Clearing down Mountains with Military Precision... Nukes are just too messy kinda like americans /ijest

Honestly, i decimated like 3-5 mountains before using the explosive mode and was quite happy with the results since i didnt had a Ugly Crater in place of the mountain, just flat terrain.

Just use a filler set on clearing from the highest point of land to the sky. That works quite well. Then finish it off with a laser, make sure to have magnet mode on while doing the fillering, it'll cause tons of lag otherwise.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Glowstone gathering.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• Glowstone gathering.

How much dust do you lose when using explosive mode?

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• I love carving out large underground caves with it - just blast away until the lappack is empty. Not exactly efficient in mining terms, but fun as hell.

• Official Post

Just use a filler set on clearing from the highest point of land to the sky. That works quite well. Then finish it off with a laser, make sure to have magnet mode on while doing the fillering, it'll cause tons of lag otherwise.

Use the flattener mode, saves you the trouble of putting a landmark way up high.

What do you use the mining laser explosive mode for?

Killin creepers in style (and doing more damage to the terrain than they would have otherwise).

• Yeah, I saw a couple creepers on a hill yesterday and couldn't resist!
    "Nicccce creepers you have there. Sssshame if ssssomething were to happen to them..." BOOM!
    Took a few shots and most of the hill, but boy, turnabout's a bitch. :thumbup:

• HAH, nice, killing creepers with it.
    sounds like fun except i'm just picky (slight OCD maybe) enough so it'd be annoying to fill the holes in.

though the underground mining idea sounds like a good one. Underground == not visible == I don't care as much as i'm hardly ever down there.

• I love carving out large underground caves with it - just blast away until the lappack is empty. Not exactly efficient in mining terms, but fun as hell.

wow, great way to "mine" there. Although I find myself running out of space before running out of lappack power.
    blasted my way to bedrock (two shots on long range mode and a bunch of ladders later) and unleashed a bit to make a room and just started unloading. (had NEI's "magnet mode" on)
    no idea if I get 100% drop rate but at the stage i'm at I almost don't care. Only problem is running into a lava lake.
    though I will have to drag a filler down there later to flatten the floor out some.

• My only thought was...

What DON'T you use the Mining Laser Explosion Mode for?

You can actually use it for mining quite well- I don't know the Diamonds/Hour, but it's alright. (Better if you stop before blowing the diamonds up and mine them normally.)

Also the Glowstone trick is sweet. The lost Glowstone is well worth the saved time and lack of needing to pillar up.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• What do I use explosion mode for?
    in my legit world...
    Recently I was making a pathway from my main base to my underground railway across the world (several hundred blocks) but I hit a forest. The explosion mode really goes through leaves :D

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]