upcoming addon: industiralcraft+

• the internet isnt safe for 12 year olds it seems im talking about *puts sunglasses on* YOU YEEEEEAAAHHAAAA

So you're the one who can't write, and he's the 12 year old?
    How does it feel to be less articulate than a pre-teen? The impression others get of you on the Internet is solely based upon the words you use.
    If you don't want people to think you're stupid or lazy, don't write like you're stupid or lazy.

If you want it to be worth people's time to read what you've written, take the time to write properly. Don't expect anyone to spend more time reading it than you did writing it.

Is ignoring posts with bad punctuation really that hard?

If your statement is to have any meaning, this thread should be locked. The OP is merely receiving deserved commentary on his presentation. Since there's nothing else in the original post to talk about, all we're left with is the unfavorable first impression - one which he has continued to reinforce.

• I would say we until he post his mod, then someone analyse the code and then we talk about the quality of it.

These discussions about the grammer are still boring...

• I'm not interested in an add-on by someone who's not adult enough to accept constructive criticism and exhibits such a blatant disregard for his audience.
    But I'll leave that evaluation up to each individual, of course.

• Oh really? Ok than you've have more time now because you didn't read this threat right, i mean you do not interested in it ;)

• So what you're saying is, we're not worth the effort to communicate clearly? I find it hard to believe that you are diligent with code if you type the way you do.
    It just tells me that your audience is worth less effort than your mod. Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Wow, instead of encouraging him, lets start bashing his face in. You really are a gem of the community.

If you can't spell or use punctuation properly, your code is going to be a mess and won't operate properly.
    Forgive me for basing my evaluation of your upcoming mod's quality on your ability to communicate, but unlke us, a computer won't be able to "figure out" what you mean if you miss a comma or period or uppercase letter where it's needed. And you can't convince me that you're more precise when coding than you are when writing a simple sentence - unless you think your audience isn't worth the effort of communicating clearly.

You should try decompiling IC1. Comparing punctuation with the quality of code, nuff said :')

• Wow, instead of encouraging him, lets start bashing his face in. You really are a gem of the community.

You should try decompiling IC1. Comparing punctuation with the quality of code, nuff said :')

i said i do animated sprites so i have to code those

• Wow, instead of encouraging him, lets start bashing his face in. You really are a gem of the community.

If you lack the maturity to distinguish constructive criticism from "bashing someone's face in", you really aren't in a position to judge.
    I'll remind you that I'm not the one calling others "!2-year olds".

Comparing punctuation with the quality of code, nuff said :')

In case you're not aware, when it comes to writing code, spelling and punctuation count. A missing comma or period, a misspelled word, and it won't run. Try debugging something when you don't know how to properly spell or use punctuation.

Seriously, would you want to hire a programmer who writes like that? What would make you think they'd be any different on the job?

• the internet isnt safe for 12 year olds it seems im talking about *puts sunglasses on* YOU YEEEEEAAAHHAAA

I've been thinking... should I answer? I'll do, just because I feel like it. First, the date on my profile is wrong, it should be 5th Jan 1998, but even if it says 1st May 1998 that's 13. Maybe you should go back to primary school and learn some basic maths. Second, your posts seem quite childish, as opposed to mine, and your grammar sucks so much it's not even funny. So, even if I'm younger, I am more mature, and if I'm not, you aren't demonstrating it, and quite frankly having worse grammar than a 14 year old is quite depressing.

• First, the date on my profile is wrong, it should be 5th Jan 1998, but even if it says 1st May 1998 that's 13.

Shit, I've been using the internet for long than you've been alive? I think I might be getting old. :(

/completelyofftopic

• I've been thinking... should I answer? I'll do, just because I feel like it. First, the date on my profile is wrong, it should be 5th Jan 1998, but even if it says 1st May 1998 that's 13. Maybe you should go back to primary school and learn some basic maths. Second, your posts seem quite childish, as opposed to mine, and your grammar sucks so much it's not even funny. So, even if I'm younger, I am more mature, and if I'm not, you aren't demonstrating it, and quite frankly having worse grammar than a 14 year old is quite depressing.it seems AND IM A DICK

well i didnt know you put that in there

• Yeah, that's real cool.
    Insulting people is really going to make them want to use your mod. :rolleyes:

Let me point one thing out to you: That's a 14-year old kid from Spain, and his English is already better than yours - and, I might add, so is his behavior. What's your excuse?

• Yeah i don't even understand how someone can think that by insulting their potential 'Customers' They are going to be seen as more mature and everyone will still download their work. It just isn't common sense! Oh and i am a 12 year old, but quite frankly you should realize that computers are not humans, and can't understand something if you get even a single character off. You have to care about punctuation and spelling when coding, or you will end up with a crapload of jumbled lines of code which have no working result. Simple logic seems to escape a lot of people these days. ?(

• If you use bad syntax while coding, your coding is going to be messed up. If you use bad grammar while posting, people are going to be ticked off. Sorry I'm a grammar Nazi, but it's important. :|

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• I can't understand anything thus far that the OP has posted.

Is there a purpose..?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Ok is this going to be an addon or a grammar War? Like seriously, let him release the mod first and if there are errors, then complain. A pull-up is a pull-up, but it seems you guys are going to the end of the world with this.

Sorry if i have bad grammer in the statements above! sheesh.

God blesses the child that can hold its own.

• Ok is this going to be an addon or a grammar War? Like seriously, let him release the mod first and if there are errors, then complain. A pull-up is a pull-up, but it seems you guys are going to the end of the world with this.

Sorry if i have bad grammer in the statements above! sheesh.

At least you are using commas and periods. :P