Industrial-scale/endgame power generation - what's your choice?

• I am on a smp server I run 12 nuclear reactors one cycle is enough to provide all the power I need im running 24 mass fabs for about 6 hours at a time

• I am on a smp server I run 12 nuclear reactors one cycle is enough to provide all the power I need im running 24 mass fabs for about 6 hours at a time

Unless you're creating enough scrap for all 24 Mass-Fabs, you know you can just send all the EU into one Mass Fabricator, right?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Unless you're creating enough scrap for all 24 Mass-Fabs, you know you can just send all the EU into one Mass Fabricator, right?

It's strange that there are so many people not getting the function of IC2-Cables. IC2-Cables don't have a EU/t limit, you could transmit Millions of EU/t through a copper-cable (well... would be hard to achieve, but in theory it is possible), since the only limit is the size of one paket. Knowing this greatly simplifies many designs. With 5 Casucs you can produce a piece of UUM in about one second :P (if you have enough scrap).

• Official Post

When frame motors come in rp2 i will make a nuclear powered deathcrawler filled with nukes to ruin your friends day.

Only the framemotors? Not the frames itself? Just joking. I would make a landscapeeating supermachine powered by anything that is in my way.
    Wood, Lava, Coal (after coked with railcraft), Uranium and whatever else comes in my way (Enemybases for example).

My Endgameenergysource is Netherlava. That's the reason why my base is in the Nether.

On my actual survival-map i was planning to make HV-Solar-Arrays, but then i found out that i actually have to less Circuits for it and invested my materials into Geothermal. Now i'm producing only 1280 EU/t with it for the Massfab, but i'm expanding very fast.

• I'd go for a massive Nuclear Reactor building with a few dozen mark I or Mark II reactors. And a stylish reactor building. And by "Massive", I mean enough power output to rapidly fill a MFSU.

Have yet to blow up any Reactor . It's only a matter of time, though. Actually, I may go for a CASUC design, but doubtful.
    "Are you sure this will work?"(My friends)
    "I have no idea! Let's do it anyways!"(Me.)

Generation 27 The first time you see this, put it in your signature and add 1 to the number. Call it a social science pyramid scheme.

• Yeah, got a CASUC reactor running now on a mostly creative mode server to provide power. Nets around 1400EU/t (I think) as the 3 compressors (very overclocked compressors there) eat up around 300EU/t. Also needed are 3 snowmen , 3 transposers, 3 block breakers and a handful of tubes. (the snowman poop 9001 snowball creator)

Use advanced machines. Sing compressor for the win!

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Geothermal ftw. I made this before you could pipe liquids directly into them, which leads to a higher density than pumping in lava cells.

At the time, it pumped out 1470 EU/t, and now it can pump out 2940 EU/t. But, if i take advantage of the fact i can now pump liquids directly in, it can produce 4900 EU/t.

Yeah, Nuclear Mk5 CASUCS that creates 2070 EU/t out of nothing, FTEW

FTEW = FOR THE EPIC WIN!

You have 6 posts, I think this is the 3rd time you have senselessly necroposted, doing the math means that one out of every 2 posts you make, necroposts a thread, seriously? This thread is 7 months old! It isn't even relevant to the latest version of IC2 with the nuclear changes!

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I'm not there yet but the plan is to have all the crap burned and turned to energy.
    if you have forestry you know what i mean...once you get a few farms going you get tons of wood and other stuff that never stop ( I use logistics pipes and automate all my forestry machines and i also build more than one tree farm because i need something that can eat up the extra peat)...so i have tons of wood and saplings but unlike other people who void them i turn the wood into charcoal in coke owens and the saplings into biomass and then i burn the charcoal into generators and the biomass and creosote into biomass engines feeding into BC powerlines feeding into pneumatic generators.
    the charcoal i burn just to get rid of...but the biomass turns 5MJ/tick for 10k ticks and the creosote 4 MJ/tick for 15k ticks per bucket ...and after the generator that's 125k eu per bucket of biomass ( compared to just 8k when used in a forestry biogenerator) and 150k EU per creosote oil bucket.
    at the moment i'm not automated yet...spent all the gold on a mayan milenaire village instead of logistics stuff...so i just have 3 biomass engines running on creosote feeding into an LV pneumatic generating 30 eu\t.
    all you need for this OP power source is ralcraft forestry and transformers mod wich is made by the same dev that makes the original advanced machines mod.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• Wait...Do they have all means of recyclerfodder generation disabled? I think scrapboxing for EMC can be quite profitable, with all those golden helmets and such.

No everything on that server has everything burn for half of its EMC value, meaning an item = 200EMC, when its burned up you get 100EMC, but you need 200EMC to get it back. This in turn means no loop holes using EMC. Tekkit servers are weird why not just disable EE2 all together.

I know about this from the post on the forums.

• Official Post

No everything on that server has everything burn for half of its EMC value, meaning an item = 200EMC, when its burned up you get 100EMC, but you need 200EMC to get it back. This in turn means no loop holes using EMC. Tekkit servers are weird why not just disable EE2 all together.

I know about this from the post on the forums.

He was talking about Scrapboxes, which can be made out of 9 pieces of Scrap and give you very valuable things out of nowhere, which you then can burn for EMC.

• Yes, you can autocraft scrap into scrapboxes, and then use them by Deployer. It can be not very efficient by itself, because it is random, but if you convert all that golden helmets and carts into metal (by alloy furnace) or into EMC, it can be quite a good deal.

• Official Post

Yes, you can autocraft scrap into scrapboxes, and then use them by Deployer. It can be not very efficient by itself, because it is random, but if you convert all that golden helmets and carts into metal (by alloy furnace) or into EMC, it can be quite a good deal.

Deployer? Why not use Dispenser? That works too.