Hidden solar panels

• snow titles are transparent for them too so if u place from left and right side snow blocks or dig them in by 1 block let snow snow on them they will be harder to spot

• i do a few things to hide small scale solar panels,

1: put the solar panel 1 block below the surface to that it's in a tiny hole, and then plant a "Bush" by placeing about 8 leaf blocks around it with nothing directly above the solar panel, and then place 1 piece of glass down in the bush so that if you fall in you can get out easily and nothing gets stuck in the hole.

2: another thing is using pistons to create a long strip of ground that i can open and close at will, when it's mid day and no one is around i push a button and a strip of ground opens that's about 4-5 deep with a layer of glass, and the light shines straight down to bedrock to my solar panels.

3. create really tall trees that are 3 by 3 with LOTS of leaves at the top and plant like 20 solar panels relatively hidden at the top of the tree and run your cable down the center of the tree.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Can you not just dig 1x1 holes directly downwards about 20 blocks, in a non unifom pattern and place the panels at the bottom (hide your base there too), you would have to walk directly over them to see them.

People are lazy too so anywhere that would mean building blocks to access would deter them.

Even better, that same Idea but at the bottom of a ravine with no visible resources, they will be too lazy to go down it and all they would see at most is a few 1x1 holes, you could do bigger ones as well as they would not even be able to go directly over them without making a bridge, or jetpacking.

• when ic2 updates to 1.2 just build your solar panels and base high enough that no one can see you (bonus points if this base has no physical connection with the ground(no ladders, no stairs, no water falls, and no magnetizers)). at layer 255 you will be further from prying eyes than if you were at bedrock.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• not sure if this has been touch but my base is in a snow biome and when it snowed it covered my solar panels and was still reading light lvl as max and i couldn't see the solar flowers i had on my mini map it just look like some snow.... so if u make a flat panel instead of flowers u can easily cover it with snow(NOT SNOW BLOCKS THESE WILL BLOCK LIGHT) from EE or from regular snow storms. but it is possible to completely hide them. just might not be the look your looking for. hope this helps a bit

• when ic2 updates to 1.2 just build your solar panels and base high enough that no one can see you (bonus points if this base has no physical connection with the ground(no ladders, no stairs, no water falls, and no magnetizers)). at layer 255 you will be further from prying eyes than if you were at bedrock.

in other words, go to the nether and make a nethergate inside the nether at layer 245, then take blue or white wool and make a huge camoflauge cloud in the sky to blend your base in better, then place your solar panels at the top of the world hiding behind all the wool. i think i might do this for my secret base :D

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

in other words, go to the nether and make a nethergate inside the nether at layer 245, then take blue or white wool and make a huge camoflauge cloud in the sky to blend your base in better, then place your solar panels at the top of the world hiding behind all the wool. i think i might do this for my secret base :D

You must build it over an ocean, because the "shadow" of your Base is easyly visible on Land.

Edit: Everyone, who has Rei's Minimap or similar, can see it easyly.

• Official Post

You must build it over an ocean, because the "shadow" of your Base is easyly visible on Land.

Edit: Everyone, who has Rei's Minimap or similar, can see it easyly.

IF you are building at height 255 you should use wind power for obvious reasons (go to lagfree tutorial for a compact setup)

• When I made a secret base on my old server, I made a very long skylight from my energy room to the surface and planted a dense forest around the hole. After the trees grew, I cleared out the leaves that would block the sunlight and then I was done. The only people who ever found my base were told it's location and shown the secret lake bed entrance. It was eventually greifed and destroyed, but only because I was too friendly and insisted all trades occurred at my base. Being the main supplier for the server (I knew all the (at the time) secret recipes), I was bound to accidently invite a greifer in at some point.

I think Hidden solar panel will be the great idea that gives you the good benefit through direct from solar. Solar panel is helpful for saving the energy through its cells and silicon chips. It can easily produce ten times further electricity and establish an assertive power to supply of energy.

• As we were talking red power here, why not use frames to open the cover when energy is needed? Also you could use them to make an entrance.

• Just tested it:
    RP2 microblocks are transparent for this matter. You can place as many layers of them above the solar panels as you want.

Keeping in mind that you can't cut grass blocks and dirt fractional blocks don't grow grass on them. Good luck. ;)