[Suggestion] More uses for Gold, Silver and Bronze

• Official Post

I think everyone knows that Gold, Silver and Bronze are not really used by most of the Players, here are some examples:

Bronze: Crafting of Advanced Alloy and no other good use, except you have Forestry-Mod.
    Silver: Only Glassfibrecables and for actually nearby useless RP-Stuff.
    Gold: Nothing except decoration or golden Apples.

Yes, there are Armors and Tools but with Nanosuit, Quantumsuit and Electric Tools they are useless.

I suggest some minor changes and additions to make them a bit more usefull:

Bronzeusage in the Pistonrecipe.
    Silver instead of Redstone for doubling the output of the normal Circuitrecipe (like with Glassfibrecables).
    Silver and Gold instead of Refined Iron for ICredits.
    Gold used in the recipe of Advanced Circuits.

With these minor changes are these Materials more used as before.

Something more timeconsuming would be a Bronzemachineblock.
    With it you can craft, less fast working, Bronzemachines to safe your Iron. It's only possible to craft basic machines with Bronze, like: Macerator, Canningmachine, Extractor, Compressor, Recycler (crafted out of Bronzecompressor) and the electric Furnace. These machines are not upgradeable and therefor they are having no slots for Upgrades. You can also craft a Generator out of Bronze, which is only upgradeable to one Watergenerator or a less stable Bronze-Windgenerator, which breaks faster.

So, that was another Suggestion by me.

• silver is not part of ic^2.

you dont find bronze you craft it so i do not see a problem.

gold does need more uses because right now it is completly usless and people might say make glowstone but why would i do that when mining lazer(exposive) gets me far more and id proably run out of redstone for synthitic.

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• Gold, replacing Refined Iron, in the circuit recipe as an alternative would be nice.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

Oh yes, i forgot Railtracks, but if the Tin->Ironconversion-Cheat is not disabled (not everyone disables Tinbucketrecipe in Config) then is Tin converted to Iron much better then Tin converted to Bronze, because that costs additioal Copper unlike Tin->Ironconversion. I'm not often using Railtracks because the Quantumsuitpants are much faster, except you are using Railcrafts Highspeedrails.

Gold (and/or Silver, or Silver as a possible replacement for Gold) would replace 2 of the Redstone in the advanced Circuits, to give it a bit more uses.

I know, Silver doesn't belongs to IC², but i thought, if it's used in Glassfibrecables, it could also be used in Circuits.

• honostly i think gold cable should be alot better, gold is the most conductive metal on earth with a really high tolerance and is far more effective then that is silver and copper, we just don;t use it as such due to it's rarity, typically we only use it these days for Nano-Cuircut boards. so maybe if we go with the Nano-labratory idea then we could use gold for those. also at the moment gold has plenty of uses, specially if a player is using Buildcraft, since it's used for the only decent Conductive Pipe and used alot in long distance transport lines, so i think using Gold in the Cuircuts is a bad idea, specially for something that is such a high demand item. maybe if you add the next Tier of machines mentioned in a previous thread in regards to making a "Quantum Machine Block" then maybe make the next level of "Nano-Cuircuts" require gold ingots.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• we are trying to balance this mod not this mod with others.....

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• we are trying to balance this mod not this mod with others.....

ok well even so, Gold Mine tracks, use a significant amount. as do gold cables and making Glowstone

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• agreed, some more uses would be useful but since it can be used to craft glowstone dust... its an bit wel... useles i gues?

wel, more uses would be great. im sure al is working on it

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• agreed, some more uses would be useful but since it can be used to craft glowstone dust... its an bit wel... useles i gues?

wel, more uses would be great. im sure al is working on it

i actually use most of my gold for glowstone and gold tracks, most of it for glowstone since there isn't a UUM recipe for it and i've already used a mining laser to collect almost all the glowstone in a 1,500 by 1,500 block area in the nether

• i actually use most of my gold for glowstone and gold tracks, most of it for glowstone since there isn't a UUM recipe for it and i've already used a mining laser to collect almost all the glowstone in a 1,500 by 1,500 block area in the nether

how much glowstone you need?

• XUX
    UXU
    UUU

glowstone recipe

X=empty
    U=uum

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• ya thats nice. advanced circuits should use gold dust, not glowstone dusts. but no one would implement this idea into the mod because you would give almost no reason to go to nether :D

Silver and Gold instead of Refined Iron for ICredits.
    Gold used in the recipe of Advanced Circuits.

I'd support these changes actually.. no real use for the credit system if it actually wastes more materials than it trades around...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Actually, The credit system really only works if you disable crafting them, and have a bunch distributed to all players, and possibly a few more every so often.

• coal fired bronzedrill. the mining equivalent to the iron furnace (of course you will need a macerating equivalent to the iron furnace cause bronze can only be made from dust)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"