[Suggestion]A funky energy idea where you steal from universes. (Kinda like that one Stargate episode.)

• I came up with this crazy idea for IC2 if you want all sorts of stuff to be powered by overpowered generators that rape other universes for power. Here goes.

Pretty much, you craft the Trans-Universal Energy Uplink like so:
    :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine:
    :Reactor: :MFS-Unit: :Reactor:
    :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine:

Then you plonk it down somewhere in your crappy dirt house. But you're not done yet. You can't just make some overpowered generator liken that nd expect not to store energy, can you? So you make the Super MFSU, or SMFSU for short. Like this:
    :Advanced Machine: :MFS-Unit: :Advanced Machine:
    :Advanced Machine: :Personal Safe: :Advanced Machine:
    :Advanced Machine: :Energy Crystal: :Advanced Machine: (supposed to be a laportron crystal)

Then you hook it up with a cable. Glass fibre if you want to live in a sh!t-filled crater, super cable if you like your crappy box.
    :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre:
    :Matter: :Matter: :Matter:
    :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre:

All right, you're all set. An explanation is in order.

The TUEU is like a nuclear reactor, but better because it rapes things to get power. Other universes, that is. Once you right-click on it, it open up a GUI like a MFE. In the bottom part, you cram in as much matter as you can fit. (Don't ask why, I'm drunk right now.) In the top, you stick in a bunch of uranium. This will magically make power or something. Wait, no it won't. You need lotsa cooling to get this baby working. Submerge it in water and you'll be fine. Once that's done, the Eu's will roll right in. About 480 million/t, that is.

Now. The other thing. For using as a sex toy pooting your energy. Once you have it full, sticm your quantum suit or whatever in there. It can store up to 100 million EU. If it's full, it gives ten seconds warning before it a splode. That's because all that energy isn't good for it and storing pure energy is horribly dangerous.

The TUEU can also be attuned to different universes once one runs out. To do this, make a Universal Attuner.

:Refined Iron: :Energy Crystal: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron:
    When you r-click a TUEU, it'll pop up with a GUI that has +1, +10, -1, and -10 buttons. You can choose which one you want to rape. However, some of them might invite... things into your world. Just don't use #7.

So yeah, that's some of my idea. I'll elabprate more tomorrow when I'm not drunk and it's not 11:13 at night.
    ~Cheers, beer, and drunkenness,
    TheDarkStar :Nuke TNT:

• Official Post

one more @press X to win@ suggestion?

one more @press X to @destroyUniverse suggestion.

Project Arcturas wasn't abandonned, because it was Overpowered, it was because it destroys the whole Universe. Dumping exotic particles in another Universe to destroy that, is a good solution for that problem, IF that universe isn't defending against that (like happened in SGA).

• one more @press X to @destroyUniverse suggestion.

Project Arcturas wasn't abandonned, because it was Overpowered, it was because it destroys the whole Universe. Dumping exotic particles in another Universe to destroy that, is a good solution for that problem, IF that universe isn't defending against that (like happened in SGA).

That's exactly what I meant with this. I'll edit the main post in a bit so that it makes more sense and is less OP.

• i had an good laugh of this, but i dont see it being implemented.

its to overpowered. (the nuclear reactor is endgame) not some syfy based energy stealer.

im sorry, i dont like the idea. but i liked the story!

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Official Post

According to Al's blog, he's already got something similar to this in the works for the future. Namely, extraterrestial radiation, and such.

http://www.industrial-craft.net/?p=363

I really think it is april fools joke.

since new dimension has been denied.

• this idea has already been suggested i believe as the ZPM device, from Stargate.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Not directly even if its the same principe to get it to work. And the "ZPM" was only an OP-Tool for infinite Energyproduction.

or a rare survival mode tool of massive power storage

edit: if you actually pay attention to star gate the tech is by the laws of physics impossible to stabilize with out being able to cycle through many different universes to minimize damage and make time go backwards to undo explosions

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

or a rare survival mode tool of massive power storage

edit: if you actually pay attention to star gate the tech is by the laws of physics impossible to stabilize with out being able to cycle through many different universes to minimize damage and make time go backwards to undo explosions

There are other ways like Wormholes to the Antimatterpart of our Universe (The Universe is absolutly Symmetric so there is definetly an identical Antimatterpart), but i will not explain the mechanics now, because i want to watch TV.

• While this is an interesting sounding idea, what's wrong with making a nether portal and sucking up a lava ocean?

because no one likes the nether? because ghast noises are frigg'n creepy? because i would like to take a nap with out horribly dieing in a fireball of high explosive death?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

because no one likes the nether? because ghast noises are frigg'n creepy? because i would like to take a nap with out horribly dieing in a fireball of high explosive death?

because you are too stupid to avoid that all? [/sarcasm]

The Nether is awesome for Endgameenergy in IC² i you not have advanced Solarmods or something like that installed.

• indeed it is ;)

i have sadly drained most of the lava lakes now... an verry large area is enpty of lava, glowstone, hell i even cut down an fortres for the bricks :P

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• indeed it is ;)

i have sadly drained most of the lava lakes now... an verry large area is enpty of lava, glowstone, hell i even cut down an fortres for the bricks :P

make nethrack valuable to the miner start digging out the netherrack recycle it in to scrap and burn the scrap in you generators same goes for rotten flesh, gold nuggets, magma creams, and ghast tears. ITS HELL BURN EVERY THING!

• make nethrack valuable to the miner start digging out the netherrack recycle it in to scrap and burn the scrap in you generators same goes for rotten flesh, gold nuggets, magma creams, and ghast tears. ITS HELL BURN EVERY THING!

you don't make Potions very often do you? lol

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• you don't make Potions very often do you? lol

i'm annoyed that you need to track down nether wart to make anything other than weakness potions not to mention the need to find and kill a blaze for its rod

• The OP's suggestion is overpowered.

Say though, that perhaps you could make a device so powerful it could open a rift in spacetime in your universe, and attach it to the space of another universe, pull the matter in the other universe through and through cold fusion generate a huge amount of energy. Since we don't really have "other universes" in Minecraft (I don't count the nether, nobody cares about that godforsaken place), we have no moral obligations to NOT suck the living daylight out of a mythical universe we will never see.

So, I propose a Rift generator. This is a big one. Think about all those enormous chasms in Minecraft. They are very odd formations, definitely unnatural looking. I think the Rift generator should be some sort of matter harvesting/fusion tool whose containment field is imperfect, causing massive gravitational rifts in nearby MC space. These temporary rifts are so powerful that they open massive chasms and wreak havoc on the surface. To walk the surface nearby a rift generator would tear your body to shreds from the extreme forces. It would take an enormous amount of energy to start, on the order of 10 MFSU's full or more. The charge up time would take many days. Parts of the machine would permanently overheat, meaning the machine must shut down or tear a rift within its containment field (oh, am I talking about the force field generator? hmmm!).

As we step up through the tiers of power in Industrialcraft, we harvest more and more energy from the environment. Eventually we step up to the point where we have the potential to permanently destroy things (nuclear reactor). They possess deadly power, and the logical successor to that would be the potential for greater damage. The Rift generator would create such a vortex of chaos near its operation that it would be required to be operated in a force field, and probably require extremely careful management unless you want your base wiped out of existence. This is Ultra-science, and it is a field I really want to step into. Industrialcraft makes us laugh at the primitive dangers offered to us by Minecraft. With quantum technology, the environment and creatures can no longer do us harm. This step is actually necessary to throw some spicy danger back into Minecraft! And there is so much opportunity for special effects.

Obviously, we would want the generator to provide more power than we put into it, especially at such a great cost to our nearby environment. Perhaps over the course of a MC day it would provide three hundred million EU or so. With 10 MFSU's going in is 100 million, plus the cost of [expensive] components that take time and resources to replace, plus the energy cost of the force field, plus the extreme devastation that occurs outside your field, 300 million EU doesn't seem so unreasonable.

Oh, and there would be no way in hell something as comparatively weak as Reinforced Concrete would survive the rift. This would have to be a sacrifice... a sacrifice for science. And no, you wouldn't be able to pipe the energy away from the generator, because the wires would be destroyed as well.

I've already said too much... I hope I didn't bore anyone with my long-winded idea. I'd be happy to talk with anyone about it if they are as excited as I am about these big super-science projects.

• All this things are really OP... and i can't see the point into this...
    Even if u have all this power at your disposal, what u supposed to be with it?!?!?! a UUM fabric with hundreds of mass fabricator? a HUGE tesla coil field around your house? a teleport with very long range? I simply don't understand this huge energy needs...

We talk about to pick up immense energy from other universe for what if our main machines go at 32EU/t?!?!?
    don't misunderstand me, i like this temporal-riftflux-spacedistortion-whoknowwhatcandoifipushthisbutton-immenseeugeneration-ultramachines... but actually i prefere silent and secure solar, wathermills with a couple of nuclear reactor with properly set up to maintein my MFSUs charged...

U will risk to revert the space-time continuum (i don't even know why i talk about this in MINECRAFT!!!), around 16x16 chunks for 3426094871626230948 -and go on- EU, and then?
    maybe before of that we can made this, a little less complex solution:

or maybe this:

(and before someone have the courage to argue, i was hilarious about my 2 examples!)