Suggestion: Base-in-a-box!

• You mean, setting a 8x8x8 cube of TNT or simply the fact it "vanishes" an area of 8x8x8?

im saying despite what I said earlier given it strengths and weaknesses there are more effective griefs than tossing a base in a box. plus it might not pop out centered to where it lands (how much lava can you fit in a 8x8x8 space? 512 how much power can that make? 10240000EU intresting ^^ )

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• im saying despite what I said earlier given it strengths and weaknesses there are more effective griefs than tossing a base in a box. plus it might not pop out centered to where it lands (how much lava can you fit in a 8x8x8 space? 512 how much power can that make? 10240000EU intresting ^^ )

For gods sake grow a pair, i can use everything in Ic2 to grief your base/whatever, still that isnt reason enough for not making such a genious tool.

• For gods sake grow a pair, i can use everything in Ic2 to grief your base/whatever, still that isnt reason enough for not making such a genious tool.

i wasn't rejecting the idea I WANT base movers i was just also considering the possibility of using it to move lava between the nether and the overworld

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• If it can only replace Air blocks- I'd be all for it.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Forget griefing! this will be awesome! a full costumizable and portable base!
    It is a real industrial challenge to made the PERFECT-AUTOMATIC-ALLDOING-PORTABLE-FACILITY!!! with some generator in, u can place and pickup it everywere! with a correct setup, u can use all IC2 machine everywere! it is only a metter of recharging the batteries in the base enough, and here we go to another location!
    This will double my love for this mod!

i think anyway that u MUST clear the area before placing some where or it may create involontary disaster...
    AND i think it's hard to code too... think at all the objects in the machines, or in the chests... all the batteries energy... all in one block? it is possible to make? or we have to put out everything before compression, loosing all the energy or forgeted things? and what happen if i compress an already compressed base?!?!?! i don't know the minecraft code... but it's clearly even to me that it's really an hard thing...

• agreed XD for me at last... something like that must be craft by 4 iridium BLOCK (9 iridium ore in crafting table), a teleporter, 2MFSU, Mass fabricator and a personal safe!

:Iridium::MFS-Unit::Iridium:
    :Trade-O-Mat::Teleporter::Recycler:
    :Iridium::MFS-Unit::Iridium:

where :Iridium: are iridium block
    :Trade-O-Mat: are Personal safe and
    :Recycler: are mass fabricator

• 1? 4 miners with OV scanner at the angles of the area, solar flowers in the middle and windmills over the miner, some chests here and there, and voilà: your automining-vacant-station!

U just have to check it some times for pick up the results... with BC teleport pipe not even this... just place and go some where else... home made selective itinerant quarry...

This is a magnificent industrial dream! XD So many uses in my mind!

• I just realised this will solve all miner troubles :3

my main question that comes to mind alblaka is will this space compressor compress a premade base designed by the player? or will it create a already designed standardize "modular" base?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

my main question that comes to mind alblaka is will this space compressor compress a premade base designed by the player? or will it create a already designed standardize "modular" base?

It will compress an 8x8x8 area next to it.Or eventually a 9x9x9 with the compressor being the center, turning itself into the cell (and thus requiring you to craft multiple ones if you want to carry multiple setups).

• It will compress an 8x8x8 area next to it.Or eventually a 9x9x9 with the compressor being the center, turning itself into the cell (and thus requiring you to craft multiple ones if you want to carry multiple setups).

:thumbup: i love it! :thumbup:

Isn't 7x7x7 enough?

not if your going to have a 2 story building with optimal effective machines by having the generatoror batbox in the middle of the wall. and then have the cables coming out the side with machines under, next to and on top of the cable. and then there is the roof of the first floor/floor of the second floor, then a similar setup upstairs, also with a bed you'll need the roof to be 3 tall. 9 by 9 by 9 allows "foundation", 3 block first floor, story devider, 3 block second floor and finally the roof.

Edit: or if you actually want it to look like a little cottage with a really nice roof instead of a modular block.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

7x7x7 is enough for me to set up a fully automated Redpowerbased Megafactory. with 9x9x9 i could also add a Coalhydrator and a Reminer (places block and breaks it immidiately, usefull for decompress Clay/Snowblocks)

• 7x7x7 is enough for me to set up a fully automated Redpowerbased Megafactory. with 9x9x9 i could also add a Coalhydrator and a Reminer (places block and breaks it immidiately, usefull for decompress Clay/Snowblocks)

lol, in which case you could create "modular" facilities to sell from a Trade-o-mat. just have your trade-o-mat label as "automated 64/sec iceblock generator" or "Compressed CASUC Reactor" in which case people could buy an already set up CASUC Reactor from you if they have no idea how to set one up, and then they just place the pumpkin to make the Snow Golem, cap it off, and run the cable.

• Official Post

lol, in which case you could create "modular" facilities to sell from a Trade-o-mat. just have your trade-o-mat label as "automated 64/sec iceblock generator" or "Compressed CASUC Reactor" in which case people could buy an already set up CASUC Reactor from you if they have no idea how to set one up, and then they just place the pumpkin to make the Snow Golem, cap it off, and run the cable.

CASUC is a bit more difficult becaue it needs a 7x7x7 place for the reactor and the Reactor itself is in the middle so where to place the Controlblock or how to touch the Reactor with that Basecapsule? The Coolantsystem need an extracapsule and i'm sure that most people are too stupid to properly hook it up to the Reactor.

I could sell those systems but i rather use them myself to get more resources, so i have to use the resources of the Player to build his Factorypart for a few Stacks of :Matter:.

• It will compress an 8x8x8 area next to it.Or eventually a 9x9x9 with the compressor being the center, turning itself into the cell (and thus requiring you to craft multiple ones if you want to carry multiple setups).

make it 9x9x9 and it will become direwolf20's new favorite toy. this is awesome its going to be the best thing added to IC since the wire :D

• make it 9x9x9 and it will become direwolf20's new favorite toy. this is awesome its going to be the best thing added to IC since the wire :D

:thumbup:

• i like it, cant wait for it to be implemented.

perfect as it is right now.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.