[Suggestion]: Magnetically Amplified Impulse Monster Eradicator Railgun (MAIMER)

• I submit to you a weapon built with only the finest of materials (Iridium plating, diamond-honed guidance rails, etc.) and powered with the most noble of bodywear, the Lappack. This weapon uses energy drawn from the Lappack to power a series of electromagnetic coils (copper wire made from macerated copper dust and compressed, wound around a ceramic core <-- new material!) to propel pellets made from refined iron, magnetized with the handy dandy magnetizer and infused with redstone (glowstone optional) for that extra bit of burn.

Yes, the ammunition is expensive, yielding only 8 shots per ingot, but no creature can withstand an assault of this magnitude! A peice of perfectly balanced, intricately formed refined iron is propelled at hyper-sonic speeds, superheated by friction, and slams into its victim with a force previously thought to be impossible. Or at the very least, utterly disgusting.

Due to the insane amount of power required to operate this weapon, it will drain a Lappack in 100 shots and cannot maintain a charge internally. Therefore it cannot, sadly, act as a standalone weapon, but once the weapon has a power source, nothing can stand it its way. The MAIMER also requires a cooldown period between shots for several reasons, including complete meltdown of the main components, severe burns to the hand, face, and neighborhood, and a really bad smell. Please do not try to power this weapon with lava. Let us just say it doesn't work very well and leave it at that.

There have been reports of the user of one of these marvels of destruction feeling some adverse health effects due to repeated exposure to magnetic fields and perhaps some deafness due to a sudden increase in air pressure from the shockwave, but we here at Notcher* Weaponry feel that these reports have little to no merit, as the complainants generally are vomiting mutants with bulging eyes, and that just sounds to us like bad breeding.

Thank you for your time, future customer.

• ya could be nice to shoot mobs, but nanosaber would lose its usefulness

btw i hate that you can lose what you mine with mining laser... I lost few diamonds this way. Even with the low focus wich should be careful

• Shoot at a ghast with a mining laser. Miss a bit. Unload a lava lake over your head. Yup, working as intended.

Shoot at a ghast with a bow. Oh yeah, gravity. He'll wait for the next shot. Plink a zombie pig instead. Well hell, there goes that picnic I was planning. At least his family will eat well.

Shoot anything, and I mean anything, with a MAIMER. Hit, it's dead. Just dead, not limping and pissed off. It might have even vaporized whatever the poor thing may have dropped, but you're alive. Miss, no lava rains down on your head, you aren't buried in sand, not even a chipped block. Seems the projectile is superheated and disintegrates on contact with solid or granular matter. Well, that cost a bit but you can try again.

Almost forgot... the nano saber would definitely not lose usefulness. It's a lot cheaper to use, albeit a much shorter range. Costs less on a miss too, so you won't have to worry about swinging wildly or being forced to wear a Lappack instead of that nifty Quantum Armor you saved up for.

• for insta kill weapons i would rather have a weapon that uses a teleporter field to deconstruct mobs into raw power to breakdown more mobs with :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• No weapon suggestion until Industrial conflict add-on.

Sir, yes sir. Are you always this abrupt about subjects over which you have no control?

My last suggestion post was deleted. I can only assume is was due to the fact that people in this forum chose to insult and antagonize me instead of offering any kind of helpful feedback. I really don't feel the need to do that again, so don't play high and mighty with me. I can suggest what I please. Perhaps this isn't the time for it in your mind, but the idea is out there.

• Sir, yes sir. Are you always this abrupt about subjects over which you have no control?

My last suggestion post was deleted. I can only assume is was due to the fact that people in this forum chose to insult and antagonize me instead of offering any kind of helpful feedback. I really don't feel the need to do that again, so don't play high and mighty with me. I can suggest what I please. Perhaps this isn't the time for it in your mind, but the idea is out there.

Im not the certified asshole for nothing, deal with it or ignore me.

Also it is well know that alblaka its working on a add on that adds weapon for pvp (Although everyone in minecraft would consider griefing instead).

And i dont play high and mighty, i just dont want to waste more time saying what i have to say in a way that would not "Hurt your feelings" because honestly i dont have fucks to give to your feelings.

Also if this was your suggestion, i did not have anything to do with that.

• Sir, yes sir. Are you always this abrupt about subjects over which you have no control?

Certified Asshole says, Certified Asshole knows :D

are you talking about about the solar panels run off any light suggestion? cause that wasn't even in the suggestion forum and you denied that it was a suggestion. but really you can not take hurtful things people say on the internet seriously emotion is a difficult thing to transmit with text and you could be misunderstanding what they mean with out hearing the emotion in their voice.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• maybe he means this, passinglurker. Thats a link from FenixR.

i saw fenrix's post and that doesn't look like a thread that would set some one off. he is acting like he was in the solar panel thread

You can suggest what you please- And look all the more like an ignorant moron because of it.

That's the ONLY helpful feedback you'll get until the IC2 War Expansion is released.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• What would happen on SMP when two people in quantum armor shoot each other with MAIMERS? do they both die? or what?

lets see wierd science propelling two high velocity high energy projectiles into each other at near light speed? probably create nuclear fusion and level/set on fire every thing with in a 10 chunk radius including bed rock(set on fire not destroy)

• When I saw the title I was thinking a placeable weapon system. Sorta like the picture.

Capable of putting holes in everything under the square sun of minecraft short of bedrock & reinforced stone(And glass...?) And of course needing a reactor/MFSU to power it. Say 375,000 EU/shot to fire at full power. Mid power can't bust through ore blocks (Lapis block, diamond block, etc.), metals, machines, & obsidian. 1/4 power can't break through more than 12 blocks of stone. 1% power is worthless except for demolishing a wooden house...

If something like this is added, I'd suggest to focus on the placeable one first, then work on a portable one afterwords.

Maybe recipe for 1 shell would be:

Iridium plate in the center, 4 iron blocks directly adjacent, & advanced alloy in the corners.

• as much as i applaud you for necromancy do realize that weapon suggestions are not going to happen until after alblaka releases the pvp addon for ic2.