1840EU/t Bucket CASUC Reactor[Now with a video tutorial and "blueprints"]

• Improved my old design and this is the result: compact 9x9x7 bucket CASUC that produces a whopping 1840EU/t. No power spent on cooling.Video link is in the bottom of the first post.

Mods required:RP2 and IC2 1.81+, Railcraft heavily recommended for world anchor(BC+additionapipes works too).

Important notes:

Some screenshots:

Materials used:
    16 filters,
    8 deployers,
    a timer,
    nuclear reactor and six chambers,
    exactly 39 red alloy wiring(non-insulated),
    1,5 stacks of stone(any solid block should work but I suggest not to use anything that burns),
    5 stone covers,
    88 buckets(eight filled with water to be placed inside some of the filters),
    10 pneumatic tubes,
    42 uranium cells per cycle.

Broken down cost/efficiency and some stuff about efficiency:

Link to the tutorial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqdG8QP_r_0&feature=youtu.be

A blueprint made with icons on my next posts(posts number 5 and 6)

• nice work ;)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• My try at icon blueprint of the reactor:
    :Intergrated Plating: =air/empty
    :Coal Chunk: =some solid block(nonflammable suggested)
    :Generator: =reactor
    :Induction Furnace: =reactor chamber
    :Tesla Coil: =filter
    :Bronze Hoe: =deployer(filled with 9 empty buckets)
    :Copper Dust: =red alloy wiring(non-insulated!)
    :Cable: =pneumatic tube
    :HV-Transformer: =HV transformer
    :Glass Fibre: =HV cable next to the reactor
    :Advanced Machine: =timer set to 0,55 sec
    :Rubber Trampoline: =a pneumatic tube with a cover to allow red alloy wiring on it
    :Gold Dust: =red alloy wiring corner, leave a empty space!
    :Water Cell: =water source block
    :Wrench: =lever

Blueprints inside

Continued in the next post below due to character limit.

• Blueprints for the last two layers.

• Added a link to the tutorial video. Info is in the annotations. The audio was disabled because my mic didn't work very well and the audio was desynced anyway. Most of what I do in the video is pretty self explanatory if you have some experience in redpower 2 and IC2.

nice job bro, im sure this wil help alot of ppl making an bucket casuc, but for noobs. its recomended to start with using ice

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Hi guys!

I started by following this tutorial for making this nuker. I accidentally made the mistake of placing the red allow wire for the coolant pulse over the reactor so when I started it up it shut down every few bits of second. The coolant system was working fine and the reactors heat was stable. I quickly realized the problem and fixed it. Then the reactor started heating up and I had to shut it down.

I checked...

All machines oriented correctly.
    Buckets in filters.
    Deployers filled.Timer set to .550

Could please give any help about this. It seemed like there is a wierd bug with this. I'm running ic2 rp2 thermometer addon, flans mod, optifine, tmi and other stuff. I've got Ic2 v 1.95b. And minecraft 1.2.5 running with java 6 on a Mac. (OS X 10.7 LION)

Thanx

Let us hail Sir Awesome, the true god of the world.

• It's normal that it heats up to 3000-6000 heat for a moment when you start it Water buckets only start cooling the reactor after it reaces 4000 heat. I was capable of running it with the set to 0.6 sec for over 20 minutes so if you have placed everything right (and in a single chunk) I don't have any ideas what might be causing your problem. Check again, just in case, if one of the buckets is in wrong place or wrong type and if all of the water sources in front of the deployers are infinite.

• If you use my Chunkloaddetectorcontaining variant, yes.

Your what?

I finally made one in SP, and I love it. So now I want it for my base in multiplayer, and I need to know that is safe.

I know that its rather cheap to build, but I want it making all the EUs that can be made, without going boombadabamboom.

• Official Post

Your what?

I finally made one in SP, and I love it. So now I want it for my base in multiplayer, and I need to know that is safe.

I know that its rather cheap to build, but I want it making all the EUs that can be made, without going boombadabamboom.

The Chunkloaddetector (I'm using Computercraft for that) is preventing the Bug, where the Reactor loses its internal Restonecontrolsignal after reloading the Chunk, where its contained, making it start running even if you redstoned it off!!! It just needs an Redstoneupdate by flickering the Switchoutsignal once you load the Chunk.

If you never switch the coolant off, then you will have no Problems except Lag, but if you do then you need the Chunkloaddetector (Computercraftcomputer with startup-file).

• And if you don't have CC?

I tried make it install on the server, but we are just 4 people that know lua, and for that the admins don't want to install it -.-"
    So I need another machine of RP or IC that can make the same voodoo that CC makes.

• Official Post

And if you don't have CC?

I tried make it install on the server, but we are just 4 people that know lua, and for that the admins don't want to install it -.-"
    So I need another machine of RP or IC that can make the same voodoo that CC makes.

You could try to make a Chunkloaddetector using Minecrafts "freezing on chunkload until it comes to MC 1.3"-Repeaters + Redpower-Repeaters which are not freezing, to make two classical Repeatertimers, and then check if they are synchronized, and if not, then you have an easy Chunkloaddetector.